2008 350z GT £13.5k (too good to be true perhaps)

ryan21

Sorry wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the trading area..

I've just seen this on a Autotrader 2008 350z GT for £13.5k with 30k miles.

I phoned the guy to check if the year or the price was correct as i thought the 2008 model had a differnt bonnet to how the one in the picture looks but he confirmed both the year and price was correct. Also said it was HPI clear with a few months warranty left and that the only bad thing was a few scrathes on the alloys. Sounds like a bit of scam but not sure if its worth the 120 mile drive to enfield to check if its genuine or not :wacko:

Sorry wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the trading area..

I've just seen this on a Autotrader [urlhttp] 2008 350z GT [/url] for £13.5k with 30k miles.

I phoned the guy to check if the year or the price was correct as i thought the 2008 model had a differnt bonnet to how the one in the picture looks but he confirmed both the year and price was correct. Also said it was HPI clear with a few months warranty left and that the only bad thing was a few scrathes on the alloys. Sounds like a bit of scam but not sure if its worth the 120 mile drive to enfield to check if its genuine or not :wacko:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p]

:thumbs:

its not a 2008 car, its the 296 version and not the 313, probably got registered in 2008 after sitting somewhere for ages.

Agree its an MY06 not MY07 that's been sitting about before registered.

You can't put a non-bulge bonnet on an MY07.

its not a 2008 car, its the 296 version and not the 313, probably got registered in 2008 after sitting somewhere for ages.

Agree its an MY06 not MY07 that's been sitting about before registered.

You can't put a non-bulge bonnet on an MY07.

+1

get it bought! :drive1

I'm starting to think it might be a cloned stolen car or some sort of scam.

The car looks like a 2006 model in the picture but the advert says 2008 and the HPI check says it was registered 22 Jan 2009. £13.5k for a car that would normally cost between £18k and £20k seems a little too cheap even if the he is desperate to sell. :scare:

The car looks like a 2006 model in the picture but the advert says 2008 and the HPI check says it was registered 22 Jan 2009. £13.5k for a car that would normally cost between £18k and £20k seems a little too cheap even if the he is desperate to sell. :scare:

Its one of the last registered 06 models, was probably sat on a forecourt somewhere & then got registered to meet sales targets that month ;)

if it all checks out then go for it :thumbs:

I don't think you understand, this car is not worth £18k-£20k as its not a MY07 car registered late, its a MY06 car registered late. When looking for comparison prices you should be looking at 06 prices. On the basis that its a MY06, the price looks about right for a private sale.............

Thanks Sarnie, i understand what your saying. Just thought it was a long time to be hanging around before it was registered in Jan 2009.

Does anyone know when they they stopped making the 296bhp models?

I'm going to have a look at it this weekend. Just being cautious as i know there are some scams and cloned cars out there and didn't want to be caught out and £13k out of pocket.

Thanks Sarnie, i understand what your saying. Just thought it was a long time to be hanging around before it was registered in Jan 2009.

Does anyone know when they they stopped making the 296bhp models?

I'm going to have a look at it this weekend. Just being cautious as i know there are some scams and cloned cars out there and didn't want to be caught out and £13k out of pocket.

Probably about 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not a cloan or a scam for the reason listed above, there are a few owners on this and the other 350z site that have got a bit of a bargain with a pre registered car.

As sarni says, its the right price for an 06 car. Check the plate in the engine bay on the left hand side and this will give you the year of manufacturer!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see it,

The vcn numbers have been changed,

The seller is very desperate to sell and was rushing me, after I test drove it he said to make him an offer.

My friend who was a mechanic for Nissan told me to walk away, when we were driving back to see another one that day the seller called me and said that I could have it for 10K.

Why did you not ring the police immedaitely? If you come across something like this then the only way to stop these thieving scroats is to get them caught. Just remember some Zed owner has had their car stolen. CALL THE POLICE if you are sure its a ringer.

The seller seems nevous as he thought i might have been the police coz i started checking out the history, logbook and car numbers.

He was a dodgy block, didnt want to spset him he looked like a thug.

The service history looked like it had been done with a typewriter.

Please warn others, he didnt even know much about his own car.

I dont really know how touse this forum properlly.

strange...........

At the end of the day if that was true the police would be straight onto it. how do you know the vin numbers are dodgy? Put it this way - I once HPI checked a car i was buying and it came up as a completely different car. I had contacts at the police from when i worked there and they contacted the force in the area where the car was for sale and they went straight round to check it out. It was all above board - turned out the dealer had made up the plates with a K instead of an X after misreading the paperwork. So if there is evidence that this zed is a ringer its an instant police matter!

+3

hell yeah!! this is ridiculous. get the rozzers there ASAP!! if its genuine car the guy has nothing to worry about.

imagine that was you. drove it away, paid 10k, only to have it taken off you 2 months down the line coz it was nicked.

and think how pi**ed off u would be if you knew that somebody could have stopped it!!