Makes me mad as hell!!!

H5

OK, I know it happens to everyone at some point, but it still infuriates me when it happens....

Popped to the shops this morning and did the usual of parking the Zed in the most inconvenient place in the car park, away from anything. Get back and a guy in some @*!# box Proton is making his way away from next to the Zed looking for another space (there were hundreds around) and as I start approaching the Zed he clears off out the car park.

Surprise surprise, the div has left a bloody great dent in the rear quarter panel. :rant::angry::rant::angry:

Pics aren't great, but you can see the size in the reflection of the bucket in the 2nd pic...

IMAGE_038.jpg

IMAGE_037.jpg

Anyone had a dent here pushed out successfully? If not, who want's to join me on a Proton hunt?? :angry::boxing:

I feel for you mate got the same situation a ding appeared in my drivers door the other week - its the only one on the whole car and just as I am thinking of selling!!

Anyone know if these companies will go out for just 1 ding and what cost are we talking about?

I have friends in ding places, but describing it over the phone is hard. Cost isn't so much the issue, it's whether it can be got at.

Either that or I have to go and find the guy and strangle him and use his ground bones to fill the dent....

Dan had a few "popped" at a show last year and they did them for a bargain price...

Gets right on my Thrupnees though... Happended to me the other day at a golf club and I was standing right next to the car putting my clubs in the boot.

She pulled in, parked close and opened the door, stuck her leg out and realised she couldnt get her wide a$$ out of the car so pushed the door open into my car... claimed the wind had blown it... looked at the chip and said wont it just polish out as she flicked it with her nail....

:rant::angry: Said I.... Phone number and details please.... Pi55er when you havnt seen it happen though and hard to prove!

Some people are so clumsy,eh Rob. ;)

I used dent-tec in Warrington for mine,i know its too far for you but there must be similar places close to you.

:blush:

I got a guy who does mine, it's the danage to the paint with this one..... :thumbdown:

Bit like myself.............

The missus had the car in her work she has her own allocated space beside the boss (NO smart arse comments lads :boxing:) she has a good job!!!

Her friend drives a smart car roadster so plenty of room and her boss just bought a new CL AMG Merc. :rant:

What does the boss do as the tw@t couldnt see over the steering wheel..................................

Take out the drivers door and wing!!! :angry::angry::evil:

Going in to get the dings pulled out etc on Thursday!!

Moral of the story......... NO GIRLS ALLOWED :p:teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

Dent guy has been round, we had the interior trim off and it can't be got at... :rant:

So, it is either drilling the skin (don't want to go down that route) or.....

How much work is it / is it possible to remove the rear wings on a Zed?? :)

I had mind done by drilling and it came out perfect - was a wheel arch though. I just don't get it when there are loads of spaces why they have to park next to you or why they'd even want the inconvenience themselves! I put it down to just being THICK - they need another car to line up next to or they can't park properly!

Dent guy has been round, we had the interior trim off and it can't be got at... :rant:

It's only a small ding. Have it filled. Much easier option than taking a whole panel out. Mission.

• 2 weeks later...

It's only a small ding. Have it filled. Much easier option than taking a whole panel out. Mission.

I am more inclined to do the wing removal so it's all back to perfect though...... :) That is if it is possible!

The dent guys did a cracking job on my Zed before I bought her. The dealership had only just got my Z in when I saw it and they werent happy with 3 dents, (2 in the door and 1 on the wheel arch) All were got to and now you wouldnt even know they were there.

As for parking, its paranoia central. Always find myself looking for something of comparable pedigree to park next to or at the other end of the car park from everybody else and preferably with a wall or curb on one side to reduce the risk further :)