Makes me mad as hell!!!

H5

It's only a small ding. Have it filled. Much easier option than taking a whole panel out. Mission.

I am more inclined to do the wing removal so it's all back to perfect though...... :) That is if it is possible!

Totally understand what you mean. Although if it's one that has to be cut off to be replaced, might not be the same again, depending how good the shop is. Guess that would also put a weakness in the structure of the shell. Maybe it would mess with the crumple zones? Must be a someone on here who's a panel expert.

Just had another one put in the same wing on the wheel arch and the car has only been out for a total of an hour today, and I was in it for 55 mins of that...

Am in France though, so shouldn't be surprised!! So, any bodywork types know the low down on Zed rear wings??

As i said before, i had a dent removed from the rear quarter, (see previous post regarding who i used, He has alot of Nissan contracts)

Anyway, if it is not possible to get at from the back due to the double skin, then some guys have a glue method, where they glue onto your panel to pull the dent out. then they will iron/ tap it back. The guy i used managed to do mine from the back as it was near the door. but last resort was the glue method. (not a problem on standard paintwork)

if the guy you use can get it out, move onto someone else! The guy i used id highly recommend. Did a couple on the misses TT aswell why he was there free of charge. (1 on each door)

Good luck in France! You'll probably have a few more before you get back! Every car i see in the car parks when i'm over there is a shed! As mentioned before I had my wheel arch done - no sign of the repair at all.

Hey guys sorry not been on for a while but just trying to catch up with things

Right 350z rear quarters are a nightmare and almost impossible to access from any point even with absolutely everything stripped down.

Whenever this is the case a repair is still possible by 2 methods as mentioned above

1. Glue pulling, this is where we glue a resin tab onto the outside of the car and using a mini lifter or slide hammer actually pull the dent out which will then be tapped into place to restore it back to its original shape. Glue pulling is used by most decent dent guys but there are still some who dont use it or dont get on with it very well so make sure when choosing a dent company you ask the question if they use glue pulling method if required??

2. Sometimes glue pulling is not advised if the panel has been re-painted or there is damage to the paint ie scratch etc. In this case or if the dent is deep / heavily creased it may be advisable to drill a small hole in a hidden location so the dent can be accessed. When done and used correctly there is nothing wrong with doing this as long as it is sealed and plugged correctly. When you compare a small hole to a bodyshop method of possibly pin pulling, filling, sanding, repainting which can lead to all sorts of issues i know which route i would choose for my own car every single day! Unfortunately there are some guys who will drill a hole before removing trim or attempting glue pulling but this is becoming less common so just check if it is absolutely necessary. Rear quarters on a Z i would say it is highly likely if the dent is not suitable for glue pulling.

That dent in the picture i would say glue pullable all day long although i would want to see your paint finish and inspect for any paint damage before glueing it, but please dont think about filling or painting over a small hole in the arch that will be sealed properly and will never be seen. By the way i am major against drilling if at all posible but if needed and done correctly nothing wrong with it at all.

Hope that helps, any questions just ask

Thanks for that. I am thinking of trying to find someone who can glue pull - is it something you can do? The paint is free from damage or repair so it should be as good as any Nissan applied paint is for the job.... :)

Hey guys sorry not been on for a while but just trying to catch up with things

Right 350z rear quarters are a nightmare and almost impossible to access from any point even with absolutely everything stripped down.

Whenever this is the case a repair is still possible by 2 methods as mentioned above

1. Glue pulling, this is where we glue a resin tab onto the outside of the car and using a mini lifter or slide hammer actually pull the dent out which will then be tapped into place to restore it back to its original shape. Glue pulling is used by most decent dent guys but there are still some who dont use it or dont get on with it very well so make sure when choosing a dent company you ask the question if they use glue pulling method if required??

2. Sometimes glue pulling is not advised if the panel has been re-painted or there is damage to the paint ie scratch etc. In this case or if the dent is deep / heavily creased it may be advisable to drill a small hole in a hidden location so the dent can be accessed. When done and used correctly there is nothing wrong with doing this as long as it is sealed and plugged correctly. When you compare a small hole to a bodyshop method of possibly pin pulling, filling, sanding, repainting which can lead to all sorts of issues i know which route i would choose for my own car every single day! Unfortunately there are some guys who will drill a hole before removing trim or attempting glue pulling but this is becoming less common so just check if it is absolutely necessary. Rear quarters on a Z i would say it is highly likely if the dent is not suitable for glue pulling.

That dent in the picture i would say glue pullable all day long although i would want to see your paint finish and inspect for any paint damage before glueing it, but please dont think about filling or painting over a small hole in the arch that will be sealed properly and will never be seen. By the way i am major against drilling if at all posible but if needed and done correctly nothing wrong with it at all.

Hope that helps, any questions just ask

Thats a really good post mate and eye opening for those of us who dont know. I'd never heard of glue pulling before but will keep my eye out next time i need something sorting. :thumbs: