show us your double D's...... (double din)

kevlo

Hey peeps, any body got any pics of there aftermarket double din installation. thinking of replacing the bose with something but i want it to be a good fit i.e not sticking out further than the current headunit

any pics much appreciated

thansk

k

DSC02521.jpg

Kenwood DNX-7200 and Kenwood KOS-L702 with Kenwood KOS-V500 hidden media adapter.

The Kenwood KOS range is pretty good if you looking for something a little more secure, as you can pop the screen out when its parked but still have all the benifits of a Double Din video unit... V500 sits in the cubby behind the Pax seat with all the connections running into there...

DSC02521.jpg

Kenwood DNX-7200 and Kenwood KOS-L702 with Kenwood KOS-V500 hidden media adapter.

The Kenwood KOS range is pretty good if you looking for something a little more secure, as you can pop the screen out when its parked but still have all the benifits of a Double Din video unit... V500 sits in the cubby behind the Pax seat with all the connections running into there...

Looks like you have 6 Double D's in the car! :p

the kenwood one in the top pic is really really good unit. dnx 5220 bt if i remember. sat nav and BT controls are spot on.

The only thing I didnt like about that one is that its built for the US market... Volume control and buttons are on the wrong side!! :)

the kenwood one in the top pic is really really good unit. dnx 5220 bt if i remember. sat nav and BT controls are spot on.

The only thing I didnt like about that one is that its built for the US market... Volume control and buttons are on the wrong side!! :)

thats right but i liked it that way. the steering controls were always used. and i very rarely touched the volume knobs. the couple up from this dont have a volume knob as its all intergrated. :thumbs:

thats right but i liked it that way. the steering controls were always used. and i very rarely touched the volume knobs. the couple up from this dont have a volume knob as its all intergrated. :thumbs:

Thats why I went for the DNX-7200 as it looks more balanced without the knob and as you say if you use the steering wheel controls then you dont need it!

Actual steering wheel volume buttons or like those little remote's you can attach to the wheel?

Is there a consenus of the 'best' DD unit.. without going overly complex like fiddy's setup? :lol:

Actual steering wheel buttons...

And mines not complex... its actually quite basic! Just chose proven stuff that fits and works together!!

DSC02521.jpg

Now that's what I call a HEAD unit. :p

DSC02521.jpg

Now that's what I call a HEAD unit. :p

TBH, if you saw the teeth on the dark haired one, you'd think twice bout gettin head from what looked like a meatgrinder...

Blonde looked ok, but deffo use disinfectant after and get yourself checked out at local GUM clinic.

Oh, will post pics of my Pioneer F900BT up