Potential new owner

Hi Everyone,

I have been driving a Honda Civic Type R for the last 5 years and was looking at getting an S2000 until a friend recommended I take a 350z out for a drive.....I was sold on it as soon as I left the forecourt :D

So I have spent hours checking prices and other cars for sale and have drove three different cars now.

I think this is the one but would appreciate some feedback for a newbie.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1694912.htm

I have taken this out and it drives superb and is in perfect condition, apart from one small flake of paint under the passenger side door handle. Couple of other things I would appreciate some feedback on:

Drivers window was very temperamental but the seller told me it would be looked at before purchase.

I have heard great things about the stereos in the 350z but this one sounded like the speakers had blown, again this would be looked at before purchase.

Also the car had the standard keys and a cobra alarm fob that locked/unlocked the car - but it had two immobilisers, there was one to the right of the steering wheel and one on the steering wheel column - both of these had to be disbaled before starting the car......is this because the standard immobiliser had been left on as well as the new cobra one? or is something wrong?

I have found ones around £1000 cheaper http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-NISSAN-350Z-3-5-V6-3DR-XENONS-LEATHER-/370395027936?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item563d4399e0

But there was probably a good few hundred pounds worth of touch ups that would need to be done, also it had 19" wheels and just didn't feel as smooth as the other one I had drove.

Would appreciate any feedback you can offer. :)

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum. :)

The first car looks untouched, if its been on a forum before the aerial is normally the first thing thats changed.

The drivers window motors can be temperamental so make sure they get it completely sorted before you sign up.

The stereos in the 350z can be a little disappointing but are pretty cheap to change out for something better.

Thanks for the feedback, how does it match up price wise?

In regards to the stereo, it still has the jap stereo as it only searches a limited fm range. Would it be worth putting a uk stereo in there or upgrading to an after Market?

Thanks

Tony

For the Jap radio to work you would need a frequency expander, reviews on these are moderate to say the least.

My preference would be to get some money off due to the speaker issues and the jap radio then upgrade the whole lot. Have a look in the ICE section for some examples of what has been done before.

Its also not unheard of for a local owner to have a look at the car with you to give you a little more confidence. ;)

Also the car had the standard keys and a cobra alarm fob that locked/unlocked the car - but it had two immobilisers, there was one to the right of the steering wheel and one on the steering wheel column - both of these had to be disbaled before starting the car......is this because the standard immobiliser had been left on as well as the new cobra one? or is something wrong?

So from what I can see - the price seems to be about right for a clean example from a car garage?

Also what do people think about below;?