Pulling away from M3

Demolition49

I just sold my Vauxhall VX220 Turbo to get a 350Z (Still Looking).

I had m3 for breakfast in my VX. :lol:

I hope that i will be satisfied with the z performance. :drive1

The VX220 maybe nippy but i'd rather have a zed any day..... My mate had a VX and I used to hate going in it, we were practically hugging each other inside and he used to have to push me out the door because its so cramped... :snack:

He had it 3 months and then hated it... ok for a track car but no good for an every day commuter imo.

As for the M3 im a big fan but they sound sh1te !!!!

:D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

M3's are one of the many reasons i want to go FI, dont like the fact that an average joe car is faster than my very special zed lol Imo the zed should have more power to go with it's WOW factor.

M3's are one of the many reasons i want to go FI, dont like the fact that an average joe car is faster than my very special zed lol Imo the zed should have more power to go with it's WOW factor.

+1 oh yes :thumbs:

Seems an odd comment, given that the 350Z is within a lot more peoples price range than the M3 (£24k vs £44k) I'd consider the 350Z to be the 'average joe' car in the comparison. Strange how different people have different perceptions.

There is always a faster car out there, why do you care ? Surely you should either be happy with the performance or not regardless of what other cars are about.

For me the Zed takes some beating as an overall package of style and performance.

Sure its not the fastest of cars out there with 280 to near 320bhp (and weighing in at 1.5+ tons) across the 350z/370z range, but its hardly a slouch is it! Lets not forget pushing 300bhp is a LOT for a road car in anyones book.

There may also be better looking cars out there, but not many, and Im struggling to think of any that aren't above the 350z/370z price bracket.

As a combined package of style and performance for its price, I think anyone would struggle to come up with many alternatives at all, in fact lets try....

:shrug: Nope - Im stuck.

+999999999999999999999999999

Been there and done that....its fun but is there any real point of it? you may be quicker in a straight line but get out on a track and you will find you cant really use it to its full potential. Suspension and brake upgrades are the way to go if you want to get the most out of your zed

For me i spoiled my overall zed experience going f/i...now i am back to stock i love driving again.

If you mean to tell me that you think the S2000 looks are on a par with the Zed then I shall thrash thee with a big stick. Your eyes must be painted on.

No offense. ;)

all down to personal taste.

in stock form i found the zed to rounded and a bit girly ( no comments on my current car :lol: ) hence why i did the bumper changes to give it back that aggressive edge.

zed is beautiful thats a given, i actually like the new shape audi tt styling in someways more than the 350, the 370 though has upped the game a bit.

porsche boxster is a good looking car

rx8 isn;t bad looking either

all in zed power and price range

Boxter starts at £34k - so 10% higher than the 370z roadster starting price, but close enough

Its only 255bhp though it does come in with a 0-60 only marginally slower at 5.9.

A more closely matched alternative is the boxter S, as its 310bhp with 0-60 of 5.3 - but that starts at a smidge under £42k - well above the 370z price.

RX8 is well under the Z specifications, 230bhp, slower 0-60, but it is a fair bit cheaper too.

Audi TT is probably the only real competitor but it would have to be the TT-S. Better 0-60, perhaps arguably better build quality, though comparing against the 370Z there isnt that much in in imho. BUT, its a full 20% more expensive.

:shrug: I honestly dont think there is a challenger at all.

have to agree with your pricings out of the box new its a difficult challenge, but as soon as you step in to the 2nd hand car market then the playing fields are alot more level. i reckon only 25% of this club can afford to buy the car as new and most will be 2nd hand owners.

it really is horses for courses though, different carts, different engines = different driving styles and track orientation. the one issue that hampers the zed is that shes a fat girl. a well balanced well handling fat girl, but a fat girl all the same.

350z is the best car for the money no doubt.

Porsche boxster I find looks a little weak and too small.... E46 M3 is too expensive to modify and too many t0ssers drive it. rx8 is just not as good (I've driven one round a track).

Audi TT - No comment! :lol:

350z + Another £10K in mods. The result will be better a E46 M3 CSL imo (which is the benchmark I'm aiming for)...

i wouldn't discount the audi tt-s its a very capable car, and the interior is very nice. puts the zed to shame in that respect.

A close friend of mine had a 1.8T.. It was so dull and boring to drive honestly. didn't have the jdm charm! :p

But yes, agreed, interior, build quality, feel inside is far superior... but then zee germans always had more attn to detail on these things...

If you mean to tell me that you think the S2000 looks are on a par with the Zed then I shall thrash thee with a big stick. Your eyes must be painted on.

No offense. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Totally agree with what you said about value for money! I cant think of anything that can compare......I'm tempted to say Focus RS but not from personal taste because i think it looks a little too tacky for my liking. Bit like a toy.

Looking at second hand prices, cars say 3 years old, the TT-s price is an awful lot higher than the 350Z of same age / mileage.

In my opinion the TT-s is only a possible contender at new price, once it gets to the second hand market, it no longer competes due to the much higher residuals (justified or not). I would agree the TT puts the 350 interior to shame, but when comparing it to a 370z, the gap is closed a lot.

i've stuck with jap cars because i know them, and like them, zee germans haven't done anything yet to fully tempt me over to the dark side. i did toy with the idea but they haven't built any "drivers" cars in my price range that i like both internally and externally.

was very tempted by the boxster but didn't liek the internal dash, and thats where you spend all your time.

agreed audi residuals are silly high

the only german that nearly got my money was the Z4M coupe. but still expensive. looks are subjective, to me its a stunner but others find the rear pig ugly.