Todays Purchase...........

DoogyRev

Some fetching goggles like these.....

google-safety-goggles-lab-c.jpg

Why you may ask... well here are some simple equations..

Mowing the Lawn + Stone + Eye Ball = Lots of pain !!!

Then.......

Mowing incident + Hospital + Evil Nurse = Lots more Pain

Apparently Mrs Doogyrev says I dont look like I have been punched in the face any more......... but it still friggin hurts.

Look Left.... errrrr no thanks, look right......errrr no thanks again

Apparently on average, a person blinks 16 times per minute... try that with 12 grit sandpaper on the inside of your eye lids !!!

Remember BE SAFE WHEN MOWING THE LAWN !!!!!

I feel your pain! Last year shovelling out sharp sand from a bulk bag the side flicked up and got a load in my eye,Rub rub no worries untill the middle of the night woke up in so much pain.I couldnt see, couldnt open my eye, couldnt close my eye so had to call my mum to come and take me to A&E. Anesthetic drops in the eye and a pint of saleen plus a cotton bud stuck in there to remove sand and I was done! Blurred vision for 2 days just to add to the list! :thumbdown: Oh and I did this 2 more times in 6mths!!!! Where did you get your glasses from?! :lol:

its amazing how often you do stuff at home and think "If I was at work I'd have to have safety specs on now... ah not to worry it'll be ok....... aaargh got bits in my eye again!"

sounds like yours was a close call there!

Well done on your purchase :thumbs:

Had many visits to Manchester eye hospital few years back :blackeye:

Whilst there injuries i saw were from seamingly harmless events like snapping some bramble and a splinter flying into the eye.

Most common is actually babies accidently scratching parents eyeballs.

Scariest thing was waiting to see the consultant and the guy before me breaking down in tears being led out of the office with his head burried in his hands :scare: ........then being called in "NEXT PLEASE" :headhurt: . Thought I was gonna lose my eye.

you do know you can get safety specs that look like shades and therefore dont make you look like a complete tool when you are cutting your grass

I've got a few pairs of those, doesn't mean I remember to dig them out the garage though! :doh:

you do know you can get safety specs that look like shades and therefore dont make you look like a complete tool when you are cutting your grass

I've got a few pairs of those, doesn't mean I remember to dig them out the garage though! :doh:

lol, fair enough. i often do stuff like that, think to myself whilst in the middle of doing something... "i have just the right tool for this job in the garage, why didnt i remember it sooner" swiftly followed by "muh, nearly done now anyway"

This is why i only cut my grass in the sunshine, wear my oakleys and all is good. :thumbs:

Poser! honestly though, i have a pair too, kind you got? and are you not worried that if a stone flies up and hits them you will damage them, cos they arent as cheap as safety secs, thats for sure.

This is why i only cut my grass in the sunshine, wear my oakleys and all is good. :thumbs:

Poser! honestly though, i have a pair too, kind you got? and are you not worried that if a stone flies up and hits them you will damage them, cos they arent as cheap as safety secs, thats for sure.

I have 4 pairs :blush: 2 pairs of minutes, one is scratched and chipped so use those for the garden/other dossing about jobs. A pair if A wires from ages ago, and a pair or half jackets with the XLJ lenses. Recently bought a pair of Bloc sunnies for about £40 and whilst they are good, they aren't a patch on oakleys, no where near as comfortable to wear or as good at stopping me squinting!

cant afford a new set of oakleys at the moment though, bit hard up at the min! :thumbdown:

I have 4 pairs :blush: 2 pairs of minutes, one is scratched and chipped so use those for the garden/other dossing about jobs. A pair if A wires from ages ago, and a pair or half jackets with the XLJ lenses. Recently bought a pair of Bloc sunnies for about £40 and whilst they are good, they aren't a patch on oakleys, no where near as comfortable to wear or as good at stopping me squinting!

cant afford a new set of oakleys at the moment though, bit hard up at the min! :thumbdown:

i went for a pair of Juliet's with the polarized lenses, amaxing at taking the glare of everything, prob is though, they dont fit in the sunglasses holder in my zed.

i went for a pair of Juliet's with the polarized lenses, amaxing at taking the glare of everything, prob is though, they dont fit in the sunglasses holder in my zed.

think my wires will go in there which the mrs uses for driving in anyway, but any other sunglasses i have live in the house as i wear them for various other things and dont get much use of the car anyway.

have been toying with the idea of Wiley X sunglasses. they supply the US military with ballistic glasses dont you know! B)

think my wires will go in there which the mrs uses for driving in anyway, but any other sunglasses i have live in the house as i wear them for various other things and dont get much use of the car anyway.

have been toying with the idea of Wiley X sunglasses. they supply the US military with ballistic glasses dont you know! B)

ballistic glasses for the US military, careful mind, they will probably slice your eyes out. blue on blue and all that