good God I am crap with cars! FINISHED!!!!

UNABASHED

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joking aside sorry to hear all that, hope you get her sorted without too much expense.

i would be gutted if i was you.

I know i am inept when it comes to this sort of thing, which is why other than checking air, oil and water i let the garage do everything

I'm glad I at least managed to entertain you all with my tales of woe!

I will be taking some pictures tonight for your amusement!

Also I will have a pair of silver indicator bulbs going spare if anyone wants them - they're the round ended ones and not the wedges though!

I will be willing to trade for trim fittings to attach my bumper and arches or a dremel multi-tool (or loan thereof).

My fingers and toes are crossed that I win Rik's V2 bumper giveaway next week!! :snack:

Been there done that, but doing it yourself does give you good satisfaction when it does go right.

If fitted my K&N typoon this morning, ah this won't take long to do :lol::lol:

3 hours later, nothing was easy, never fitted the way it was surposed to but I got there in the end :teeth:

but am i ok for the pumpkin carving? ;)

Of course, I'll have to start now though to make sure it's ready for Halloween :lol:

remember, to go round corners it's easier to drill holes and use your hacksaw to connect them! :p

but am i ok for the pumpkin carving? ;)

Of course, I'll have to start now though to make sure it's ready for Halloween :lol:

remember, to go round corners it's easier to drill holes and use your hacksaw to connect them! :p

yeah, it's still sooo awkward to get the saw straight though. I've ordered myself a dremel which I will be picking up on way home - as well as a mahusive circular saw attachment.

We'll see who has the last laugh now! :boxing:

So far my 'cheap' freshening up of the front end is costing me an arm and a leg, and that will be literal once I start messing arond with this saw!

Cant wait for the final product, the dremel will be either Epic win or Epic Fail haha :D just dont let it run away and kill you bumper :p

Epic fail for him = epic win for us :lol:

I tried the same to do my grille, I started off with a hack saw but I gave up & bought a dremel when I noticed I was getting off course and heading for the bumper :p

few pictures of my exploits, nothing exciting really!

the thousand bits of plastic that I cut out separately with the hacksaw (this is just half as the rest were thrown away)

photo2-2.jpg

Looking sexy and smooth B)

photo4.jpg

BLOODY HACKSAW!

photo3-2.jpg

10 minutes with a dremel

photo-3.jpg

Of course the heavens have now opened so I have had to halt the work and take a break :teeth:

i managed to lose control of it twice and it started dremelling anything it could see, best bit of advice from me would be take your time, realise your going to get pi$$ed off and allow ample time to take it out on your annoying neighbour :)

+1 - I learnt this while dremeling my barely 2 week old 370z intake area very close to the aircon lines :scare: Step back, breath and take your time ;) Dremels have a mind of their own sometimes :bangin:

i managed to lose control of it twice and it started dremelling anything it could see, best bit of advice from me would be take your time, realise your going to get pi$$ed off and allow ample time to take it out on your annoying neighbour :)

+1 - I learnt this while dremeling my barely 2 week old 370z intake area very close to the aircon lines :scare: Step back, breath and take your time ;) Dremels have a mind of their own sometimes :bangin:

The plastic your cutting gets pretty bloody hot aswell :blush:

yeah I realised that after decided to dremel in shorts - felt like I was been flogged at one point :lol:

I learnt the best bit to use was a grout remover bit which is quite meaty, and keep it on the slowest setting. It pretty much sawed through it nice and easily when it stayed under control. I started on a higher speed and it melted the plastic into the dremel bit :blush:

man this has made me laugh, been there so many times , when you think a 5 minute job take hours and only adds to the grey hairs on your head :lol:

Can you tell Amanda that please? The amounts of time I have dissapeared off to the garage saying "back in half an hour" only to reappear in about 3hrs time, I think she's about had enough! I tell her its not my fault, it always takes longer than you expect - but she doesnt beleive me :surrender: I'm getting better though, I told her my Stillen G3 install will take 4hrs and I think I did it in about 3hrs in the end :#1:

All done!

All in all I would say it was about a 3 out of 10 for difficulty. :p

couple more pics....

finally got the grille out, sanded down and stuck the tie downs on

connectors2.jpg

connectors1.jpg

the rest was simples! Little before and after shot for you to enjoy, remember this is the product of around 36 hours labour!

car19062009014.jpg

after1.jpg

Now I'm going to have a well deserved beer and sit down a while :drunk::teeth:

P.S. as always, thanks to Alex for supplying me with all bits needed (wheel arch lining, alexmesh & connectors).