How much does your 350z cost you a month?

ThyJones

I think my mind is pretty much made up, I used to go through 3 sets a tyres a year in my coupe as it would just eat the rubber and there were never ending costs..

regarding that £1200 work, whats that for if you don't mind me asking?

Also, say I buy/can find an unmodded totally standard Zed, are there a few certain things that should be done first (theres always a few little tweaks here and there).. obviously i wont be able to spend thousands on it straight away, but is there any mods that improve *anything* and don't break the bank? (i've been trying to spot common problems, improvements but haven't come up with many).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my mind is pretty much made up, I used to go through 3 sets a tyres a year in my coupe as it would just eat the rubber and there were never ending costs..

regarding that £1200 work, whats that for if you don't mind me asking?

Also, say I buy/can find an unmodded totally standard Zed, are there a few certain things that should be done first (theres always a few little tweaks here and there).. obviously i wont be able to spend thousands on it straight away, but is there any mods that improve *anything* and don't break the bank? (i've been trying to spot common problems, improvements but haven't come up with many).

There is a FAQ section for buyers onhere but overall its a rocl solid car with very little going wrong. The Roadtax , insurance and fuel and possiblly tyres will be your biggest outlay. There are plenty of good traders on here to help out with parts so you dont need to go to Nissan for anything! :)

The 1200 quid repair work is only an estimate awaiting final diagnosis, but I've potentially a main shaft bearing needing replacing, new clutch needed, new steering rack, and new rear drop link. These are all pretty normal things to need replacing at some point, (except maybe the main shaft bearing), but if they all come at once, it all adds up. 1200 may even be a vast underestimate. Fingers crossed.

I took out a third party warranty for 340 pounds (why is my pound sign key not working?!?! :rant: ) and it looks like they are not going to pay out for any of this, despite apparently covering the steering rack and gearbox according to their policy. Squirming gits.

Insurance has been mentioned already but you asked about mods to a standard Zed. Worth keeping in mind that for a standard Zed I was quoted 650 pounds, but with only a rr spoiler, air filter and cat back exhaust, the absolute best I could find was 1,100. If you're looking for cheaper zed motoring, I would recommend you keep her as she was when she rolled off the line in Tochigi.

Thanks for more useful information, every little helps :)

Regarding the 3rd party warranty, im assuming you can only do that on new cars, or some cars purchased from dealerships?

Often wondered if you can take out a warranty somehow on any car, at any point?

Im currently getting 420 miles to a tank - about £85 worth. Unfortunately I do a 98 mile round trip to Northampton each day, so I will pay £5k a year in fuel. Even worse I might end up in Stoke - 130 miles a day - £6.5K a year.

Bet you enjoy driving to work though :lol:

Hi,

Had my 350z 4 days and I've put £50 of petrol thru it considering I've been working to 7:30 each night and I work 4 miles from home I reckon I'm getting 18mpg. As for tax dunno where u get £17.08 per month from , it cost me £435 to tax it for a year that equates to £36.25 per month, but its such a buzz driving this car, I'm still kinda in awe of it, so much power and the roads have been very wet here this week (Northern Ireland) my traction control light has flashed on many times, it really is a handful, but in a great way.

Hi,

Had my 350z 4 days and I've put £50 of petrol thru it considering I've been working to 7:30 each night and I work 4 miles from home I reckon I'm getting 18mpg. As for tax dunno where u get £17.08 per month from , it cost me £435 to tax it for a year that equates to £36.25 per month, but its such a buzz driving this car, I'm still kinda in awe of it, so much power and the roads have been very wet here this week (Northern Ireland) my traction control light has flashed on many times, it really is a handful, but in a great way.

Earlier cars are only £245 to tax for a year :D

As motoring in general is pretty expensive, I wonder how it would compare to something like, say, a 1.6 focus.

I reckon the difference may not be that significant, the gap between cost of "focus compared against no car ownership" would be more than "350z compared to focus ownership", if that makes sense.

i've made my mind up, so the search begins :)

I've just seen something about up-rev, whats this to do with, and should it make any difference whilst i'm looking for a zed? is it just the company and ecu software or something else?

Cheers

You cant put a price on fun. For the first time in my life I'm paying more for road tax than insurance £435 tax and £275 insurance full comp and protected NCP, @*!# I'm old, but my new zed is giving me a something to get outta bed in the morning for :p:p

Oh yeah and £50 per week for petrol, and then I gotta change the tyres, jeez what have I got in to ???? :surrender:

Nice one, what have you got. :)

its a 2004 gt, in blade silver, but all will become clear as i can guarantee, once its back home I will be taking numerous pictures :)

Thanks again for all the help and advice in choosing one!