there's no escape now

M13KYF

Not really seeing a great deal of difference from a drivers perspective between the old van and the modified one.

The modified one seems designed specifically to identify the driver as opposed to the owner, doesn't have any effect on the numbers of car drivers caught tho.

I strongly disagree with the vans regardless of how many cameras they have on them but this modification makes no difference in real terms except the waste of £110k.

Enforcement is most effective when we use high visibility vans to deter speeding

If its all about encouragement, and not the actual money generated from them - why bother spending £100k on four vans worth of cameras and not just a couple of grand or so wrapping them in bright yellow?

Its all about revenue generation and we know it - they just havent got the brass tacks to admit it or there would be a revolt.

Put it this way, its cost £28k per van to do this. Im guessing that the money has to be repaid from a budget. That budget would not stand for just four vans to have cost £100k+ on upgrades, so it needs to be subsidised... Guess where thats coming from.

Do these speed camera partnerships think we are actual morons and we havent got the brains to figure out whats going on here?

Enforcement is most effective when we use high visibility vans to deter speeding

If its all about encouragement, and not the actual money generated from them - why bother spending £100k on four vans worth of cameras and not just a couple of grand or so wrapping them in bright yellow?

Its all about revenue generation and we know it - they just havent got the brass tacks to admit it or there would be a revolt.

Put it this way, its cost £28k per van to do this. Im guessing that the money has to be repaid from a budget. That budget would not stand for just four vans to have cost £100k+ on upgrades, so it needs to be subsidised... Guess where thats coming from.

Do these speed camera partnerships think we are actual morons and we havent got the brains to figure out whats going on here?

thats what I'm saying.. stop speeding for a year and there will be no budget for any cameras :yahoo:

These are the sneaky ones. I can understand fixed camera's, but these ones aren't deterrent's, they are just cash cows. Only ever caught speeding once in 8 years and it was by one of these, when I overtook a car in a 70 zone, was caught doing 79 by it. Just totally sickened by it.

TBH what's needed is for folk to contest such silly fines and go to court, and if a jury of your peers used it's noggin then they could have the case thrown out for being absurd. As far as I'm aware, a jury has more power than the judge and if every jury chose not to convict drivers for silly sentences, then maybe less of them would end up in court.

Wahoo now those stupid motorbikes are being buggered like the rest of us!

I imagine if you were caught using that, you would be screwed silly :p

That's real preventing the course of justice. :scare: