Non 350z owner from yesterday.

Hello! Met some of the guys off here yesterday when I turned up to the show with Craig with the black 350 so decided so jump over and join the forum :)

Heres some pictures of my little plastic car, that I was speaking about yesterday that I thought I would share as didn't have any decent ones on my phone to show.

If it isnt any trouble I will mabye try make one of the next runs in it and see how the little k series rover engine holds up against you guys!

Get that toy car off of here! :lol::p

Hows the sunburn today?

Erm a little pink looking! Apart from the slaggings in work with people thinking I have been on a sunbed since it aparantly was dull in Glasgow its actually not too bad! Least my eyes are saved with the sunglasses :D Hows yours?

Thanks for all the welcomes! It was a good day yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed the drifting as you do not realise the skill required until you actually watch it live!

Was good to meet other car enthusiasts and get a good bit of banter, thats what these things are all about..right?

The elise is a great car, but is a whole different kettle of fish to the 350z if your looking to jump from yours to it. To put it into perspective the S1 elise was designed on a very low budget ........I think it equates to the advertising budget for the ford fiesta that was released at the same time. The car was build on Chapmans theory of being lightweight and a great handling car.

The elise does not come with anything like the electronics and gadgets you would expect in a base model corsa...no servo assisted brakes, no abs, no electric windows, no air conditioning etc etc etc. I have also found in my 2 years of ownership that it is not the most reliable car you could choose, but thats to be expected from a 10 year old car, and its handy if you dont mind to do the odd bit of tinkering now and again. That said most parts can be purchased for a resonable amount and I have never been more than a couple of hundred to fix whatever has went wrong. Lately I have picked up the AA cover with parts and labour extension which is a really smart way to go with one of these cars and makes maintaining them pretty cheap and helps stop those suprises of big repair bills.

Few month ago I got myself a wee corsa to go to work and back and nip to shops as I believe that is best way forward with these cars. That way I dont care where I park the car, what millege I put on and when I wake up and its snowing I dont have to worry about attempting to move the elise.

I wouldnt change the car for the world though as when you hit a country road on a sunny day or take the car on track everything comes together and your left with the grin of a 5 year old on Christmas day. It is a really epic car, which will teach you the fundementals of driving if treated properly and give a real since of reward through its raw feel, and Ive not met one person who has bought one and disliked it. If you do your homework and know what to expect from the car, then you really will be rewarded with a great piece of kit. If your really interested jump over to www.scottishelises.com and have a chat with the folk on there, a really friendly bunch, with a vast variety of lotus brand..caterhams, S1 elise, S1 exige, S2 elise, S2 Exige, superchanged, NA, honda engined, toyota engined, rover engined, duratec engined etc etc and you can learn all about the cars and jump up to the trackdays and experience the variety of each of the variants.

Welcome aboard mate :thumbs: was good chatting to you yesterday

Thanks mate, same to you! Better give Craig a boot up the arse and get him to send you that picture I took of your car and get your avatar changed! :D I just hope it looks as good on screen as it did on the camera.

:wave: welcome to the forum - we've got quite the wee forum cross-over going on now :lol:

Sure is! As I said above its good meeting similar minding people with a passion for their cars......thats what these forums are all about!

I was sunburned yesterday but now I'm just looking a bit brown!

Was nice meeting you yesterday.

I have a k series engined car too.... ;)

Just a shame it's not an S1 elise! :lol:

How do? I recognise your elise, i've seen it kicking about newarthill and Motherwell a few times, it looks nice. :)

I am also sunburt to buggery :lol: Folk at work were asking me this morning if I had been hitting the sunbeds :lol:

Ah thanks, I am mostly over at newton mearns in it, must have been visiting my mum or dad in it as not really over that way much these days in the elise. My sunburn eventually calmed itself a few days later with no peeling!

Thanks for welcomes guys!