Could this be a 313 bhp version??

deank93

Thanks for all the info so far but would someone be able to tell me what the actual differeces are between the rear lights, the timing cover, the front bumper and interior on 276 and a 296.

I'd like to hit the chap selling with as much evidence to support it not being a 313 as possible.

Thanks for all the info so far but would someone be able to tell me what the actual differeces are between the rear lights, the timing cover, the front bumper and interior on 276 and a 296.

I'd like to hit the chap selling with as much evidence to support it not being a 313 as possible.

296 has LED rear lights, 276 has regular bulbs

296 doesn't have an orange reflector strip on the side of the headlights, 276 does have reflector strip

296 has fewer and fatter horizontal bars on the front grill than 276

Not sure about timing covers

313 has all the features of the 296 but has a totally different engine and a bulge in the bonnet to accomodate the different (and taller) engine.

276 and 296 have single air intake, 313 has twin air intakes

276 Front

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/auto_shows/6688712+w440/2003_ny+2004_nissan_350z_roadster+front_left_view.jpg

296 Front

http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/8758922+w750+st0/caep_0712_03_z+2006_nissan_350z+front_view.jpg

313 with bonnet bulge

http://stockimages.autolocate.co.uk/imageor404/101351_654_2872.jpg

Hope that helps :D

I notice that the interior is Alezan but the steering wheel is black. I'm pretty sure that the wheel should be colour coded too?!

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I've seen both - I think they changed it at some point but not sure when.

I notice that the interior is Alezan but the steering wheel is black. I'm pretty sure that the wheel should be colour coded too?!

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I've seen both - I think they changed it at some point but not sure when.

It changed in 2006 - pretty sure with the 'facelift' MY06 upgrade mid year. My previous ZED reg in December 2006 had the all black wheel :thumbs:

rev counter reveals all , 276 6.5K , 296 7k ,313HR is 7.5k AFAIK (someone wiht HR should be able to confirm)

infatc just seena shot of th dash and yes HR 313bhp has 7.5k redline so there you go just ask the owner what the red line is !

296 has LED rear lights, 276 has regular bulbs

296 doesn't have an orange reflector strip on the side of the headlights, 276 does have reflector strip

296 has fewer and fatter horizontal bars on the front grill than 276

Not sure about timing covers

313 has all the features of the 296 but has a totally different engine and a bulge in the bonnet to accomodate the different (and taller) engine.

276 and 296 have single air intake, 313 has twin air intakes

276 Front

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/auto_shows/6688712+w440/2003_ny+2004_nissan_350z_roadster+front_left_view.jpg

296 Front

http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/8758922+w750+st0/caep_0712_03_z+2006_nissan_350z+front_view.jpg

313 with bonnet bulge

http://stockimages.autolocate.co.uk/imageor404/101351_654_2872.jpg

Hope that helps :D

Thats about as detailed an answer as anyone could hope for...thanks very much.

It looks as though a wee spanner has dropped into in the works today which will delay my purchasing until the first week of July :doh:

You never know if the owner keeps the car at that price it may still be around in 6 weeks, fingers crossed.

I've spoken with the owner over the last couple of days and following investigation he has all but come round to realising that the car is not the 313 and he sent me a picture of the engine which is most definatly not the 313.

The add has been adjusted on pistonheads but the price has remained the same, i have enquired about the a reduction on the price to reflect the fact it isn't a 313 and the although he is ok to consider a deal of some description he says that he doesn't think it makes much difference if it is a 313 or a 296 due to the condition and low mileage but i wondered what anyone elses thoughts were on a realistic price?

I paid 16k for my 313 on a 57 plate with 17k on , so they are out there at that price although i think i did get a genuine bargain :yahoo: That is quite ££££ for a 296

Oh mine has sat nav and gt pack.

Mmm...I paid 16500 for my mint '08 with 16k nah, nah :yahoo::yahoo:

Man, you ******* got your Z's for bargain money!

16k for a 296 is a bit much. If he's a private seller I don't think it should be going for more than 15k, unless it's in perfect nick and just been serviced/taxed etc.

15k was what i had in mind although if the pics are anything to go by it looks near perfect, I'm waiting to hear back on what service it last had and when and how much tax remains....I'm not keen on weighing out £435 at all let alone soon after buying one.