spotted on pistonheads....

Hi

I am new here so hope am not breaking any rules (it is not talking about a fellow seller on here so i dont think so).

i am seriously thinking about going up from cambs to yorkshire to have a look at this, and trading in my coupe.

just curious if anyone here has already seen it, or perhaps it used to be a forum members and they got rid.

i would hate to get up there and it not be what i wanted.

any thoughts gratefully recieved

cheers

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1589207.htm

cheers guys

showing my ignorance.... rays???

as for price, he has already said he can wiggle a touch.

if i could get that 04 one for 9k i would defo be interested in that too.

still looking on here for a localer private sale as well. ideally i like buying off forum users, esp when you can search the history of the car.

lol the universal car colour argument.....

many "enthusiastic" discussions on the fiat coupe forum about the best car colour (which is clearly yellow ;) )

personally i like the orange 350Z but the boss has taken that out of the equation.

probably blue, black, red or yellow will be what i go for, unless i see a REALLY good gun metal bargain.

I have just had a search and a few owners have visited them. Stick prestige in the search engine and the start around page 5. The first 5 pages are pretty much all prestige styling, a trader on here. :)

Thanks for this suggestion, however

where abouts is the search button on this site? i cant find it! :doh:

PS spotted a very similar one, private sale for 10.5k which i may have to go and have a look at. just finding out if it is a uk car or an import.

cheers

M.

oh yeah, i see it now thanks..... DOH!

if i do decide to go for one a little trek away, i would definitely get a local to go have a look if they did not mind.

there would of course be a beer (/shandy/coke ;) )in it for them after i had bagged the car.

just had the ok from the bank, no lead time on getting cash from my ISA so i have 8k of funds available, and will just have to over draft any other money :)

should be putting a refundable deposit on this car later today... so he will hold onto the car till sunday - i get a full refund if i turn up but do not like the car, but lose it if i no show

could not get him to budge on price, his argument (which has some merit) being he is offering me 3k trade in on a fiat coupe with tired turbo which is over and above its value.

according to spies from here ;) it is a good example however, and the mileage is excellent.

fingers crossed i will own a 350z sunday afternoon to :drive1 home in. just need to wait for him to phone me back to take my deposit

should be putting a refundable deposit on this car later today... so he will hold onto the car till sunday - i get a full refund if i turn up but do not like the car, but lose it if i no show

could not get him to budge on price, his argument (which has some merit) being he is offering me 3k trade in on a fiat coupe with tired turbo which is over and above its value.

according to spies from here ;) it is a good example however, and the mileage is excellent.

fingers crossed i will own a 350z sunday afternoon to :drive1 home in. just need to wait for him to phone me back to take my deposit

Good luck dude, be sure to let us know how you get on :thumbs::bounce:

BLACK IS THE FASTEST.

I was thinking about this and aside from differences in the chemical make-up of the different paints, my thoughts are that black would be fastest in warm weather, ie summer. The two reasons for this are both to do with heat absorption and distribution. You would have both, better airflow over your car if your panels are warmer (My maths degree days are a little hazy here, but I think that's right) and your liquids will be a fraction more viscous (eg. oil) which is good I guess.

I'm not sure how engine performance would depend on temperature though as it would probably be hotter in a black car.Naturally any air intake would provide slightly warmer air in a black car too as it will warm up on its way in.

Thinking about it, you would also have marginally better grip and brakes as the wheel arches will be warmer and the air flow around the wheel will be warmer too.