Syphoning petrol?

marzman

Is it safe to syphon petrol from another car and put it in the zed??

My mate is trading in his 99' Merc CLK tomorrow and he has 3/4 a tank of petrol in it... he has offered me the fuel if i want to syphon it off...!! Normally i wouldnt, but thats like £50 nowadays...!

Please let me know asap!

Syphon as in proper syphon, or as in drain the tank? He'll be lucky to be able to do the former, I'd expect the Merc to have an anti-syphon system in there at least. If you mean drain the tank and chuck it in yours, I can't see any reason why not.

Syphon as in proper syphon, or as in drain the tank? He'll be lucky to be able to do the former, I'd expect the Merc to have an anti-syphon system in there at least. If you mean drain the tank and chuck it in yours, I can't see any reason why not.

Hmmm... yep i meant get a long tube and start sucking...! good point.

Cheers all... and some funny comments... just suprised i've not been accused of being a pikey yet. :shrug:

How will i be able to tell if it has an anti theft system? Basically if i can get some tube down it or not??

Cheers all... and some funny comments... just suprised i've not been accused of being a pikey yet. :shrug:

How will i be able to tell if it has an anti theft system? Basically if i can get some tube down it or not??

Theres a little rabbit in there that chews any pipe that comes in, Merc rabbits are especially clever, they use tools... :bunny:

You may well get the pipe in but wont be able to get a decent amount of fuel out due to the valve, best way is find the fuel supply to the engine and attach a hose and use the cars fuel pump failing that find the return on the end of the injection rail and disconect the pipe and replace it with a piece of your own then start the car and let it idle.

If you do either of these please ensure you keep spillage to a minimum, you do it when the car is cold and the pipe you use to put it in your car is a good fit.

Another plus to this is it gets filtered before it enters your tank ;)

Coops

I was almost syphoning off my bike today as I had loads of fuel in it when it was traded in at the dealers. I then decided to go for a few 1st gear grand prixs instead to burn some V power! :lol::lol::lol:

Bang Babes on 912 will straighten you out :lol:

i want to see that on your signature mate :lol::#1:

my dad syphoned a tank of diesel once and ended up with a belly full :yuck::yuck: dont think it did him any good

remember just as it comes to take it out your mouth and let it dribble into the bucket.