Pm inbox full due to kind words

Husky

guys i'd like to say a big thank you to all the people who have sent me text messages and PM's regarding the recent thread the support is appreciated and shows the great community side of this forum, i would have said it on the actual thread but cant.

And i'd just like to note in public that a large number of people have now stated how ridiculous they think it is that the thread has been locked and how "this shows favouritism to particular a trader on the forum" (not my words).

also sent to me:

there's no consitency
there were posts slagging off envy and carbon forza and they didnt get locked
(regarding CS) I do get frustrated with his organising skills
how you managed to bite your tongue is beyond me.
That was a very restrained post you made there.
people waded in when Gaz @ Envy started providing poor service and just named and shamed.
Well done on the CS thread

i could go on, personally i'd rather these people were able to have free speech on the forum and put it on the thread rather than having to PM me

And i'd just like to note in public that a large number of people have now stated how ridiculous they think it is that the thread has been locked and how "this shows favouritism to particular a trader on the forum" (not my words).

In light of the fact that you claim that large numbers of members think i am been ridiculous for locking the thread for the moment and that i am showing favouritism to a trader i have never used i will resign my post as a moderator with immediate effect. I was going to do this after Wales but i am going to bring it forward to now. To be honest i have been looking forward to this day for quite a while because quite frankly moderating the forum over the past 12 months has been a thankless/worthless task that i no longer enjoy doing.

What with trying to organise Wales with Colin that i have tried to be motivated in its become an impossible task, i must be mad to try and even want too!!Infact i may even pull out of the Wales drive all together now i am just not interested anymore.

What amazes me some of you actually think we have nothing better to do with our lives than sit on here all day on a Bank holiday weekend moderating the forum around the clock :wacko:

But just for the record i would like all those to post that they think its ridiculous i locked the thread for the moment whilst under team discussion to post their names below. This is nothing to be worried about its for my information only. :)

One last thing Husky if things dont work out at Jaguar you would make a great newspaper editor. ;)

there's no consitency
there were posts slagging off envy and carbon forza and they didnt get locked
(regarding CS) I do get frustrated with his organising skills
how you managed to bite your tongue is beyond me.
That was a very restrained post you made there.
people waded in when Gaz @ Envy started providing poor service and just named and shamed.
Well done on the CS thread

Mitz has been trying to phone you John. I think the two of you talking it over is the best solution at the moment. :)

im not looking to talk it over with him mart, he hasn't got anything to offer me, what he has done has directly cost me money. i would like others to be aware of the situation to save them the expense, time and stress of the same thing happening again, having a private conversation will not achieve this goal in any way. I cant think of one thing i want to discuss privately tbh. also anything on the phone cannot be easily quoted or proven as i have learned the hard way in the past, everything has to be in writing.

My initial thought as a CS customer was to see the thread unlocked Dave, there have been similar threads up about other traders I've used and I can't remember them getting locked for discussion ( I'm not saying they didn't ). At the end of the day it's difficult for a trader to please everyone and whatever has happened I am sure wasn't done on purpose.

Mitz is a great guy and has sorted a lot of people out on this forum including myself, but I think we John has a right to post his thread as that's what the forum is about so we can see both sides of the sorry, it's not even like his thread was a direct slagging off.

Dave your right, it's bank holiday weekend and you don't need this crap, have a think about things as your wrong, we all think a lot of you and we have all seen the work you have put in for the Wales trip and it's very much appreciated. No one wants you to go especially like this.

Hope all parties can sort this out

I have personally phoned a few traders when these post appear so they can have the right to reply. I also regularly talk to traders about many issues. I can assure you that we are very aware that the traders have a responsibility to the forum and its members.

There are no favourites on here and we encourage feedback from members. Occasionally things may go wrong and its often something outside a particular traders control such as courier problems.

I have had issues in the past and have resolved them. If anyone has got problems then the team are always happy to get involved. Just let us know. :)

I'm with Husky on this one. He never mentioned any names and the trader took it upon himself to publicly announce it was them. Even though there was a disagreement he shouldnt have done this and e-mailed Husky in advance to discuss before putting himself on the firing line. The forum has a resposibilty to make sure the traders are upto expected standards, ie fit for purpose, and the forum should be used to publicly discuss the traders to inform to prevent bad experiences. In all I think it could have been handled more economically and maturely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

I'd like to see the thread unlocked.

I am currently having a lot of work done with Mitz and although I have absolutely no reason to believe there will be any problems, I would like to see the outcome.

Not only that but John had the last word and I think it should be open for Mitz to be able to defend himself for future thread readers.

Personally i think you do a great job Dave and I understand that you are doing a reward free service but I just think this one is best left open for a while. I hope you'll reconsider your decision to leave your post :)

EDIT: And just for the record I am none of the above quoted.

The team are still talking to the parties involved to see if a re-opening is needed. Have just logged on and catching up with this, so dont really know any more just yet. If Mitz wishes to add to the thread then he will certainly be able to, indeed it is currently locked while we await this, so that Mitz can reply to the points raised if he wishes to before the thread becomes convoluted and a response is so far into the thread that future readers would not see a resolution before becoming bored with reading.

probably good the thread was locked so people didnt start spamming it, I do however want to know what outcome if any other then already posted that Husky is out of dosh might happen... its imperative that members of this forum feel comfortable ordering things from traders on here.

simple questions need publicly answered such as:

what happened in the "2 months" that prevented a phone call or any action from the garage?

where is the mysterious fax that proves the garage did not lie for 4 months about phoning the warranty company?

why were so many other customers put before the warranty claim if not for the reason of making quick cash over larger pieces of work?

why did the garage say they had previous experience in dealing with warranty companies and then make an extremely fundamental mistake?

why was communication always the responsibility of me and not the garage?

just a sample, but if some response is to be concocted i hope it will include more than just excuses and "i didnt know".

personally i didn't expect the garage to be outed and thought it would continue to be discussed in a general manner where people would have felt more free in their opinions as shown by the first few replies to the thread.

I have since had more pm's and would like to again thank people for the support and sharing their own experiences, its really appreciated.

Beavis, I've never met you and I'm fairly new to this forum, but I just wanted to say that after reading about Huskys appauling experience, you were totally right to lock the thread. It was becoming less of a forum discussion and more of a public slanging match between Husky and the other party concerned. I back your decision 100% as this was in danger of turning into a legal battle which could have been very detrimental to the forum in the long run. I think it's such a shame and an injustice that you felt the need to quit your post as a result of this, I know how hard you've been working to organise the Wales trip and how efficient you have been in dealing with everything, as indeed have the other moderators. :thumbs:

Speaking of injustices, Husky I totally feel for you. I had a very similar problem when the auto gearbox went in my mitsubishi fto years ago, after owning it for only a few months. The dealer/warranty company totally skirted around the problem to avoid getting it replaced under warranty and I was out of pocket for a similar amount as you. I also put it down to experience, but it just shows that without your posts on this forum, we're all in danger of falling victims to these companies who know all the little tricks to get away without paying out, and effectively finding legal ways to rip us off. Good on you for sticking to your guns, you may have lost out this time but at least you can take some comfort on the fact that all the other members on here are now aware and can hopefully avoid this on the future.

Good on you mate, you took one on the chin for all of us!! :thumbs:

about Huskys appauling experience, you were totally right to lock the thread. It was becoming less of a forum discussion and more of a public slanging match between Husky and the other party concerned. I back your decision 100% as this was in danger of turning into a legal battle

something like this isn't worth trying to take to court as it would never get anywhere. :lol:

and it wasn't becoming a public slagging match in any way, i was asking questions publicly and waiting for a response. I didn't ask the garage to name themselves in the first place.

without your posts on this forum, we're all in danger of falling victims to these companies who know all the little tricks to get away without paying out, and effectively finding legal ways to rip us off.
you were totally right to lock the thread

so why back it being locked as it stops the full story from coming to light and further helping inform the readers? seemed to have contradicted yourself somewhat there? :shrug:

The fact that the thread was locked has not stopped your story being heard by other members!! I caught up on this after it was locked, so it's hardly a contradiction!

I'll pm you what I meant about the legal ramifications if you like because it's clear that you've misunderstood what I meant.

I'm actually on your side in all this, I shouldn't need to justify my comments. I just think it's unfair that Beavis did the right thing and it's all blown up in his face.

John, what I don't understand is what you are trying to achieve with carrying on this "discussion". What happened to you I've already agreed was unacceptable and now CS has come forward we all know who the garage was. Without defending Mitz in any way I find it unusual that you didn't chase up the work for 2 months IRC. I know if it had been me I would have been on the phone asking for progress answers every week. Not agreeing to speak to Mitz achieves nothing, he may be offering some kind of monetary compensation, who knows. You stated that you put it down to a very expensive lesson learned and it obviously is. So what now?

I think one of the crucial things we're missing here is that although this was a major funk up by a trader it was also resolved by another of the traders (aka r35LEE). So lets not slate the mods on the choice advertising of traders.

I think what needs reviewing is the sheer amount of 'thanks to XXXX' threads that appeared to crop up for pretty small jobs. Im all for praise of a company but I'd like to be certain that these are heart felt and legit rather than a PR exercise. (call me a cynic but all the other traders dont seems to receive the same volume yet I havent had one complaint about any of them!)

Every trader makes mistakes but its the resolution which makes / Breaks them.

I wasn't going to post on this thread as I know both John and Mitz, I don't know the full story on either side but I think bringing up all the thank you threads is a little out of order. Surely the point of the forum is for people to put up when they are pleased with work that has been carried out on their car. And on the flip side when people haven't received the service they would expect. So should nobody put anything about any trader now? Whether it be something major like a full engine rebuild or something as small as fitting pads, that piece of work is the most important thing to the car owner to get them back on the road.

I am not defending Mitz/John or blaming Mitz/John, I just think this should remain about the specific issue that John has had and not regarding other peoples posts thanking CS. I will stand here now and say that Mitz has never asked me to put a thank you thread up and nor would I if I didn't think it was deserved.

I wasn't going to post on this thread as I know both John and Mitz, I don't know the full story on either side but I think bringing up all the thank you threads is a little out of order. Surely the point of the forum is for people to put up when they are pleased with work that has been carried out on their car. And on the flip side when people haven't received the service they would expect. So should nobody put anything about any trader now? Whether it be something major like a full engine rebuild or something as small as fitting pads, that piece of work is the most important thing to the car owner to get them back on the road.

I am not defending Mitz/John or blaming Mitz/John, I just think this should remain about the specific issue that John has had and not regarding other peoples posts thanking CS. I will stand here now and say that Mitz has never asked me to put a thank you thread up and nor would I if I didn't think it was deserved.

+1

John, what I don't understand is what you are trying to achieve with carrying on this "discussion". What happened to you I've already agreed was unacceptable and now CS has come forward we all know who the garage was. Without defending Mitz in any way I find it unusual that you didn't chase up the work for 2 months IRC. I know if it had been me I would have been on the phone asking for progress answers every week. Not agreeing to speak to Mitz achieves nothing, he may be offering some kind of monetary compensation, who knows. You stated that you put it down to a very expensive lesson learned and it obviously is. So what now?

i was phoning for 4 months every week Keith, when i eventually was asked to phone the warranty company they told me they have no record and that i'd been lied to, then i realised it was time to cut my losses. In the following 2 months they had every opportunity to phone or PM me but didn't, the reason the phonecalls stopped is because I stopped making them, none were ever made from him to me. the reason i stopped making the calls is that i went somewhere else to resolve the problems.

I have asked for communication via PM not phone as i have been burned in the past by people making promises on the phone and then not upholding them, they are not interested in this and continue ask for a phone call.

There are still lots of unanswered questions as the garage have put no actual explanation for any of this down for me, either privately or publicly.