New Car F**@ING ROAD TAX !!!!

Zedrush

Hi guys, as some of you knew, i ordered my new car last year and borrowed my mums car in the mean time. Well during the period of waiting for it I fell in love with my mums car and she made me an offer to have her car and give her the new car, :lol: (she is ever the great dell boy lol) convincing me the money Id save doing so was too good to let up as the only difference between her car and new car was the PDK option and the colour. Well I thought for a while and wanted to change from having black cars and seemed pointless spending the extra when i could invest that into better things... so to cut a long story short I now own my mums old car, going to style it of course and she got my new car.

So today she finally received it, and I know I made the right decision, she then showed me the invoice and on it said road tax £950 :scare::scare::scare::scare: I was gobsmacked called up the centre to find out if it was a mistake and they told me from April 1st they imposed a tax hike on all new car purchased, next year it goes back down to£435 WTF !!!!!!!!! when was this announced???? I hate this f^&King w@^k sstain of a government @$$holes :rant::rant::rant:

Google - show room tax - Jay. Its a new tax introduced this month for one off tax for new gas guzzlers. At least as a percentage its not a lot compared to how much your new car costs, as a percentage of a 370z its a lot more :thumbdown:

What car did you order jay? At 950 quid road tax........... i would expect it to fligh :blush:

Hi mate its 911 Turbo PDK with all the extras in metallic black, red brake callipers red seatbelts and sin as part of the numberplate, looks nice, but I fell too much for mums car as its Gemballa tuned :blush:B) not that that improves my driving I still drive shite lol :blush::surrender:

Can your mum adopt me pleaseeeeeeeeeee ;)

Get in line :boxing:

Looks like I was 1st to ask in the thread, did you cheat and send a PM asking for adoption? :lol::lol::lol:

This isnt the adoption thread. Have a search, there are many more where we have all filed for adoption from Jays parents :p:lol:

Surely if people can afford such cars then £500 is mere pocket money! I do agree though they are robbing baskets!

Strange how we still have pot-holed roads everywhere but the tax is going up - is the money not being used to produce Europes most perfect roads!! :shrug:

true quibbling over 500 quid in comparison to the cost of the car might seem pointless, but its principle, it feels like im funding terrorism, except instead its the bloody government :blush: Im sure you guys can understand that no matter how much you spend, if it went to charity then fine, but as Ive been getting raped by tax hikes in every other area, this was taking the **** a bit

Surely you must've noticed the tax on the final cost sheet before you ordered the car? Tbh on a £100K car I'd haggle that cost away elsewhere, maybe a discounted 1st service or something.

Only got the cost sheet today mate, put deposit down before xmas

But surely they gave you a price breakdown when you ordered it? Granted, when ordering a high-price car I guess you're a bit less sensitive to the cost options (especially with Porsche), but you surely wouldn't just order a car and leave a deposit without actually checking what you pay for?

Dunno, might just be me.

But surely they gave you a price breakdown when you ordered it? Granted, when ordering a high-price car I guess you're a bit less sensitive to the cost options (especially with Porsche), but you surely wouldn't just order a car and leave a deposit without actually checking what you pay for?

Dunno, might just be me.

No mate just gave deposit my family and I know the dealer really well, I go to the same gym as one of the managers there, they know us really well as we use them alot, so told price with extras came to 117k, only got break down sheet today on delivery of car and it said road tax 950, thought was error as normally its around 430ish, just a shock that so much was charged for road tax. Im sure many dont mind paying for accessories for their cars but when you have to pay for extra tax it would peeve anyone off no matter the cost you spent on the car itself, its the principle of the matter, or am I the only one that thinks this? :blush: