Can't post in the for sale section - "disapproved"

Ok, I posted a for sale thread yesterday, with a price, picture of the item, full description and location.

And it was rejected for having no picture???

Who checks these things?

Please sort this system out - if you're going restrict what people post, please Mr. admin - stick to your rules and allow posts that actually do comply. Also, the "Forum rules" information is completely out of date with regards the vetting of all posts in the for sale section. This is where people look to understand your rules, so please can you update this?

And finally, there is no mention in the rules, or contact sections, of who the OP can complain to if their post has been incorrectly denied. Hence my posting here. Now who do I contact to get my for sale thread up?

Cheers,

Steve

I can see from the logs that a For Sale thread was disapproved for not having a pic with the username in it, I assume this is the thread you created? The reason given was - A photograph with your user name and the item(s) must be posted at the time of placing the advert.. Quite clear that you need a photo with the username on it, usually on a bit of paper or card, to prove you have the items.

Also quite clearly stated in the rules:

Forum rules

These rules should be followed by buyers and sellers to ensure a smooth transaction. http://www.350z-uk.com cannot take responsibility for any transactions however the Team will offer support and moderating in the event of a dispute.

First of all to post an item for sale in this section you must have a minimum of 15 quality posts on the forum. Spamming to raise your post count will not be tolerated. If you qualify then there are a few rules that have been laid out by the http://www.350z-uk.com Team to follow.

* A photograph with your user name and the item(s) must be posted at the time of placing the advert

* An asking price (and postage costs if applicable) should be included in the first post

* Once an offer has been accepted the seller should update the post

* All transactions should be completed swiftly and any delays should be agreed prior to completing

* The seller has the right to withdraw or refuse sale before the transaction is complete

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the for sale advert being removed.

Above all, we expect any sales to be carried out in the manner that you would wish to be dealt with. Please bear this in mind during any transactions.

If you need to contact one of the team, there is an Announcement in each section called "The Team". This has the names of the current team members you can contact. Also if you look out for guys with names in green or red, they are Moderators and Admins respectively.

Repost the thread with new pics and we will approve it :thumbs:

:headhurt:

Jeepers! You'd think some people pay a heavy monthly subscription to use the For Sale board sometimes!

It must be quite a desperate sale. 'I have this ticking box in my loft. Not sure what it is but I'll accept any offer. Please collect ASAP.'

That would explain it. Otherwise - Chill out! ;)

* A photograph with your user name and the item(s) must be posted at the time of placing the advert

Ah ok, fair enough - but I understood this as: you must provide a photo, along with your username, date, etc. etc.

Never even considered it to mean you'd need a photo of your username.

Especially as I'd posted other items for sale the day before, and had been accepted, which didn't have my username in the photo... hence the confusion...

Steve

Sorry if my post sounded like I was getting wound up - no offence was meant! I just honestly couldn't understand what I'd done wrong. :bangin: Now I see that other people are photographing card with their username on it makes sense... :thumbs:

Did you write your username & date on a piece of paper and take a picture of the item with that in the frame?

Quite clear that you need a photo with the username on it, usually on a bit of paper or card, to prove you have the items.

Thanks all especially - sasha and Chris for the fast replies, that's all I need to do then :thumbs:

Steve