No Note Leaving *?*!holes

Salieri

So how much would this cost me to get this fixed without going via my insurance? As far as I can tell, it's 2 panels, but the door dent is so deep it might have screwed that up too.

smash1.jpg

smash2.jpg

Not going to vent more on people who don't leave details as it would make me too angry.

Oh yeah, dont mention the filthy state of my car... builders brick cutting in the street, not had time to get it washed.

Bad enough that it happened but to just go without saying anything.... I nce someone do something similar, get out, look and then get back in and speed off. Luckily I got the reg so I left a little note of my own!

I shouldn't think anyone will say anything about you not washing the car, don't know much abot repairs but I'm guessing that it would be more that claiming would cost you, do you loose all your no claims for something like this?

Bad enough that it happened but to just go without saying anything.... I once saw someone do something similar, get out, look and then get back in and speed off. Luckily I got the reg so I left a little note of my own!

I shouldn't think anyone will say anything about you not washing the car, don't know much abot repairs but I'm guessing that it would be more that claiming would cost you, do you loose all your no claims for something like this?

looks like a tow bar on some kind of 4x4 hit that.

looking at a new door and new drivers side front wing.

PM R35LEE he should be able to sort you out with both, might get a colour match, but might need to eget them sprayed.

personally i think your better to go through the insurer, your looking the best part of probably £300 in parts (guessing) and possibly another £600 for spraying and maybe £100 fitting costs.

That repair is not going to be financially viable without going through your insurance...actually its probably a good eg of why insurance is handy - I'm no expert but reckon you're looking at minimum £1700...I had to go through this with my other car two years ago- someone with a tow bar reversed into my front...average quote was £1000 so I had to bite the bullet and lodge a claim - it goes down as a fault claim :thumbdown: at least you're only losing a year but you're right next uear's premium will be :headhurt:

Yes I would, I only have 1 year NCB, but my premium is already £800 with that, and I'm 30+, but living in London. Insurers are gonna want to touch me for less that £1000 with a claim now on my record.

For 1 yrs NCB I would go through your insurance, I'm sure it would cost more than the difference for a couple of years premiums IMO, unless you know someone in the trade.

Never having made a claim, having only been a named driver on other's policies, how long will insurers look at claims history regardless of NCB and adjust accordingly? 5 years? More?

Look at the damage, I was wondering what would get under the bodywork and pull it open like that, I cant imagine a cars front wing would do that unless they did some fairly serious damage to their own car. Is a tow bar (as suggested) the most likely culprit?

Your car looks like Kuro?

I'd be looking for a KJuro door and Kuro wing if I were you. If you can buy the parts ready painted you might be surprised at the price. I wouldn't imagine it'd cost too much.....

If you can get a wing and door already painted it might not be too bad. Otherwise it is going to be pricey!

Whoever did this knows but they have fled to save their own insurance (if they had any). This makes me furious. Where did this happen mate? At the end of the summer, I am buying a banger for day to day driving to avoid the z getting damaged - don't trust leaving it anywhere now. Its sad that anyone should have to feel that the have to do this but its reality...

My mates ex had his Golf R32 parked up outside her house a few weeks ago while he collected their little boy, two wheels up on the path, plenty of room, in a quiet residential area. Knock on her door from someone who had seen a young couple in a black BMW come round the corner, lose control and side swipe his car! They got out, looked at their own car for damage and then scarpered! Completely bashed the side of his Golf in. I just don't know how people can do that??

Its on the outside of a bend of a cul-de-sac square... so its got to be front left wing, but by the way the bodywork is pulled away it looks like something got caught and pulled it open, bull-bars maybe... other than that it could have been a car coming from (in the pic) right to left that met a car coming left to right on the bend, and tried to reverse out of the way.

smash3.jpg

The square is near a load of all night clubs, so we get a load of private taxi traffic, so its likely it happened overnight and some uninsured or Private Hire London cab is worried about losing business.

Unfortunately its G41 which I think is Ebisu Black and they are moderately rare, regardless I think this is going to have to be an insurance call. Added to the stress its and import so insurance is moderately hard to find anyway.

A bit peeved that my alarm didn't go off, as it was parked right outside my house.

Sorry to see this, you must be gutted. It just shows the dishonesty of people to do that much damage and just drive off. If it was a towbar they would have had no damage so feel they have got away with it. Of course it could be they have no insurance or someone driving their parents car.

Been all round the local neighbours, best they can give me is times when they saw it. I've been away from Wednesday. No CCTV unfortunately, there is a local neighbourhood noticeboard (its a strange oasis-like community in the heart of a shitty bit of London) so I've posted up a message, not really expecting anyone to have seen anything though.

My worry about Ebisu, is that people are always saying how hard it is to get a hold of. Can imagine any fix taking months while the dealer waits for it to arrive from Japan, above and beyond their usual lackadaisical attitudes.

Been all round the local neighbours, best they can give me is times when they saw it. I've been away from Wednesday. No CCTV unfortunately, there is a local neighbourhood noticeboard (its a strange oasis-like community in the heart of a shitty bit of London) so I've posted up a message, not really expecting anyone to have seen anything though.

My worry about Ebisu, is that people are always saying how hard it is to get a hold of. Can imagine any fix taking months while the dealer waits for it to arrive from Japan, above and beyond their usual lackadaisical attitudes.

I would try get the bits 2nd hand mate and have them resprayed, rather than buy them new. Have you spoke to ZMANALEX? I think he has a Z graveyard -he may be fo some help to you?

Looks a bit high for a tow bar unless its on a large vehicle like a land rover although it does look an awful lot like the back of a lorry for instance a tail lift on a luton box van.

that would explain the dent on the door then catching the rear of the wing pulling it out.

Do your builders have any vehicles like that???

Feel for you mate

Yeah my first thought was the recycling van that comes on a Wednesday... but sure council workers would leave a note no? Builders were on the house in the corner and are well gone, left early this week, Monday I think.

Lots of lorries come and go though so its not really gonna narrow down anything, especially without a witness... even if I did suspect something it would only be guilt that makes them own up.

A bit peeved that my alarm didn't go off, as it was parked right outside my house.

Not good to see some delightful person has done this to your Zed. :( Also perhaps you need your alarm beefed up a bit if you're running an aftermarket alarm. I would have thought that sort of hit should set an alarm off.

Sorry to hear about this mate

Having re-looked at the pics my opinion is that something has gone from back to front scratching it and that's why the wing has been bent out. The scratch get's worse as it get's towards the wing so it's quite probably something like a lorry reversing? It's definately a pointed thing (like a lorry's light bar thing) so wouldn't have thought a tow bar or bull bar's or anything like that.

If it was a lorry it's quite possible that the driver hadn't noticed as from what I've heard lorries are pretty bad for hearing / feeling impacts