Help me love my 350z

Pete the wheel

Howdy folks.

Now then, im sure Im asking to be ripped to bits with what im about to say, but please, bear with me.

Always liked the look of the 350z and indeed Nissan so after I sold my GTR in dec 09 I began the search, did have a 370z on order but after having one on weekend test i knocked that on the head, 33k was a lot of money to have sitting about as a weekend toy.

So spent 6 months looking for my dream 350z, a low mileage,blue,auto,roadster, thanks to the guys who helped with my questions. Picked her up about 3 weeks ago.

Now heres my problem, im just NOT enjoying the car, cant be doing with it at all. Nothing wrong with the car, its in great nick, everything works and does what it says on the tin, its comfy, even for me and my back, it fairly gets a move on when asked too, I just dont know what is missing.

As an example, weekends, I wake at 5am, if sunny and dry id jump into the GTR and roar down to the coast, bacon roll on seafront,roar back home by 8.30am.

Now I know one was a 55k supercar, other is a 11k 6 yr old 350z and im aware nothing will ever come close to the GTR,for me anyway, to me it was motoring perfection, just awesome in everyway.

I mean I cant even be arsed to clean the 350z, shes covered in volcano ash and bird @*!#, I know, i know, im bad I know.

So come on folks, whats the answer, I know deep down the 350z is a great car, loved by many, just not by me it seems at this moment in time.

If anybody want to come round and beat me with sticks, feel free, it might help.

Pete

Simple - you shouldn't have sold the R35 Pete :shrug: ...if the zed isn't doing it for you move on :thumbs:

I know, however the GTR was always brought to be sold, if you get my meaning, had 6 months driving 6500 miles and still made, well enough to pay for half the 350z.

Buying the GTR used just about everypenny to my name, and the wifes. Could have kept it, but would have ment no holidays,takeaways,meals out,new clothes or treats.

Hell, that doesnt sound too bad, im off to look for a GTR.

LOL

You pillock Pete (as usual). A downgrade is always going to leave you feeling unsatisfied, I suggest you give it a good clean for starters. Also does it have the original Jap exhaust on? I had one on my import and the car was really quiet. I know its tricky for you in terms of meets etc but the social side of the zed really makes it worthwhile! May i suggest for early morning kicks you get a Nos bottle for your wheelchair????

:wheelchair:

Could have kept it, but would have ment no holidays,takeaways,meals out,new clothes or treats.

Hell, that doesnt sound too bad, im off to look for a GTR.

LOL

That is what I did/still doing when i got the Zed, the girlfriend is not happy as I'm not doing well on saving for the wedding and I had to cut my "life style" right down to basics and cant afford to drive te car every day either.

But I love it everytime I gety in it :yahoo::teeth: simply my pride and joy.

How about an R34?

Maybe because the 350Z is a convertible is the reason you don't like it? I saw one recently and noticed the roof only had 1 layer which is kind of thin for a roof I would say.

I think if you've had a GTR and you want to downgrade without losing the 'special' feeling then why not a try a Porsche Cayman S? Pick one up for say £24-25k and I think you'll be happy.

Sorry to be cynical Pete, but i cant see how you can possibly down grade and be happy! The GTR is my dream car and if/when i get one, i will not be looking back! I love my Zed more than anything i have ever owned and i cant stop looking at it (even after a year of owning it)! It is a stunning looking car (by far one of the best looking cars on the road...within reason) and i'm head over heels with it but i certainly wont be selling it and buying a golf GTI....if you catch my drift?

Sorry to be cynical Pete, but i cant see how you can possibly down grade and be happy! The GTR is my dream car and if/when i get one, i will not be looking back! I love my Zed more than anything i have ever owned and i cant stop looking at it (even after a year of owning it)! It is a stunning looking car (by far one of the best looking cars on the road...within reason) and i'm head over heels with it but i certainly wont be selling it and buying a golf GTI....if you catch my drift?

My dream car too, but the Z was a dream car too and eventually I got there. I too would be disappointed I know to go back from an R35 to the Z, However last week I was parked up next to the only R35 in my area and was talkng to the lad that owns it. The things I wouldn't miss about an R35 are the 17 miles per gallon, £2,000 a year in tyres and £11,000 to fix a minor shunt when the bonnet blows. That would be worse he said if it was his daily driver. It's a Middlehirst motorsport car 1 of the first official R35's he said.

I have a dream ,but I think this one will be unrealised.

Pete you've cut yer cloth to match. Enjoy the Z and know that is someone else's dream car M8. :thumbs:

If you don't mind me asking why did you buy an auto? I think I'd go for a manual every time in a car like this, although I do own an auto merc that I use for work, it might be comfy but it's boring lol. Also you should go for the coupe over the roadster, they're very different.

My Zed makes me smile everytime I look at it.

If your unhapy now, it'd be pointless taking it to the track etc, you just dont like it.

Time to move on. :byebye:

+1. I look at my Z and still can't belive it's mine. I waited so long and got the last of the 350's. I think you're right. Sorry Pete, if you're not fired up by yours. Find something else that makes you happy M8. Life's too short to make do. :console:

If you don't mind me asking why did you buy an auto? I think I'd go for a manual every time in a car like this, although I do own an auto merc that I use for work, it might be comfy but it's boring lol. Also you should go for the coupe over the roadster, they're very different.

Pete won't mind me saying as its common knowledge, that he has to have an auto due to a past accident. In my opinion I think as its a roadster at least wait for some good weather (if we get any) before deciding what to do! :thumbs:

Howdy folks.

Now then, im sure Im asking to be ripped to bits with what im about to say, but please, bear with me.

Always liked the look of the 350z and indeed Nissan so after I sold my GTR in dec 09 I began the search, did have a 370z on order but after having one on weekend test i knocked that on the head, 33k was a lot of money to have sitting about as a weekend toy.

So spent 6 months looking for my dream 350z, a low mileage,blue,auto,roadster, thanks to the guys who helped with my questions. Picked her up about 3 weeks ago.

Now heres my problem, im just NOT enjoying the car, cant be doing with it at all. Nothing wrong with the car, its in great nick, everything works and does what it says on the tin, its comfy, even for me and my back, it fairly gets a move on when asked too, I just dont know what is missing.

As an example, weekends, I wake at 5am, if sunny and dry id jump into the GTR and roar down to the coast, bacon roll on seafront,roar back home by 8.30am.

Now I know one was a 55k supercar, other is a 11k 6 yr old 350z and im aware nothing will ever come close to the GTR,for me anyway, to me it was motoring perfection, just awesome in everyway.

I mean I cant even be arsed to clean the 350z, shes covered in volcano ash and bird @*!#, I know, i know, im bad I know.

So come on folks, whats the answer, I know deep down the 350z is a great car, loved by many, just not by me it seems at this moment in time.

If anybody want to come round and beat me with sticks, feel free, it might help.

Pete

one question

why the hell did you sell your gtr

sell the 350 and get the gtr back.

i like nissans and deffo the gtr it will be my next car in a few years

clean the wheels.

for some unknown reason i got slightly bored with the zed once, let it get really mucky. one day i bothered to clean the wheels as i had nothing else to do. then i kept going, got it all shiny, had an absolute blast in it on some country roads and fell in love again. i dont think its anything to do with the downgrade, i was driving a matiz for just over a week a while ago and put 1750 miles on it, had a great laugh, even had a camping road trip. its not what car you're in its how you think of it. :)