rtbiscuits new Mirrors & handles in DI-NOC carbon

rtbiscuit

Finally got these all sorted tired a little experiment with it myself but struggled with the complex curves and just didn't get the professional finish i was looking for so i've called in some professional help.

These are the finished article.

first the wing mirrors:

nothing new here as several others have already done this but it was something i needed to tie my car togehter now i have the black wheels. sorry for the indoor pics, the car is in my garage and its blocked in by the wife. will get proper pics of the car in its entirety as soon as it gets a proper clean and i finish off the last couple of exterior touches.

P1010260.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010262.jpg

P1010263.jpg

I have seriously contemplated real carbon covers, but i've always been worried about the fact that they don't wrap round the front of the mirror, so on a silver car you end up with a very noticeable lip around the mirror. these don't go all the way in, but its a marked improvement i think. the second thing is with the real carbon ones by big concern is some little scoat nicking them as they are just stuck on the outside. they might not get them off fully, but they'll probably ruin them in the attempt.

The door handles:

i think this is one of my favourite mods so far for the outside. and they look amazing in the flesh. the wrap goes round all the corners and gives a real complete look. i tried the real carbon covers on a mates car and the y do look good, but one of the issues that niggled me was that when you opened the door you could feel the lip of the cover. and i'd be worried over time that i'd end up pinging the handle cover off.

and like the wing mirror covers my fear of losing them or having them nicked would bug me especially at the cost they are to buy.

P1010259.jpg

P1010255.jpg

P1010258.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010256.jpg

i'm hoping this will give a really sturdy finish. i've used painted parts before and one of the issues i've found is that over time the paint chips and on black handles will look very obvious. same as whats happened with the original silver handles and hence why i've refurbed them.

very B)

how much is the vinyl and how hard is it to do?

this was my original attempts

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33450&hilit=di+noc+carbon+experiment

i ended up taking it off and taking it to a pro to do. flat surfaces are quiet easy and so are minor curves but but the wing mirrors were a pig to do and i didn't even try doing the main body of the door handle.

you can buy the vinyl off ebay, or othere online merchants.

cool beans, cheers

if you'd like a set i can do some for you but i think its a case of forming an orderly queue.

you'd need to paint first, then you need to allow time for the paint to harden between coats and before applying vinyl.

so you'd need to be without door handles for about 3 days. if you do it properly.

cool beans, cheers

if you'd like a set i can do some for you but i think its a case of forming an orderly queue.

you'd need to paint first, then you need to allow time for the paint to harden between coats and before applying vinyl.

so you'd need to be without door handles for about 3 days. if you do it properly.

why does it need to be painted first?

cool beans, cheers

why does it need to be painted first?

the handles are bright silver the reason i painted it black first is so that you can't see inside the handle.

the vinyl covers most areas but if you dodn't paint the handle the inside bit would become very noticeable against the black.