TEMPORARY INSURANCE?????

SteveRS

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of an insurance company that will insure a 350Z temporarily. Reason being, my insurance is due for renewal on 18th of April but my birthday is on the 29th May when i will be 25 years old and should hopefully get even cheaper insurance so i need to find a company that will insure my zed for 42 days. I have spent some time looking and filling out forms on the internet but the companies i have tried don't insure you temporarily if your insurance group is 18 or above grrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry::bang:

Any help would be much appreciated guys.

Why don't you try a dealer for a long shot as they have temp cover in which they gave me when buying the car..........

What it was, they were waiting on my private reg plate to transfer onto the new car via the DVLA. So after I arranged for my private reg to be placed on my new car the DVLA returned my log book without the transferal...... The only option was then for the garage to place my new car onto their cover for a week............... ;) until my transfer was complete........... :thumbs:

Agreed. I hate to break it to you guys, but hitting 25 doesn't give you a magic drop in your insurance that makes anything like the difference you're hoping for. Didn't with me anyway. NCB is really the way to reduce the insurance cost: Well, that and moving to a better postcode.

Agreed. I hate to break it to you guys, but hitting 25 doesn't give you a magic drop in your insurance that makes anything like the difference you're hoping for. Didn't with me anyway. NCB is really the way to reduce the insurance cost: Well, that and moving to a better postcode.

It did with me - I had a Corrado VR6 at the time and lots of insurance co's wouldn't quote on under 25s. The ones that would insure over 25s beat the others.

I've used virgin car insurance, then cancelled within 2 weeks and got a full refund. Just make sure you don't crash! Check the T&Cs.

Thanks guys, I couldn't possibly wait a few weeks until im 25, especially now the weather is improving, i will do a few quotes to see what it could be when im 25 to see if it makes any difference. i will also have a look at aviva and see what they say. :thumbs:

I asked them but they dont do temp insurance, its getting very annoying now. I managed to get a quote from Aviva, they want £480 for 28 days insurance :lol::lol::lol::lol: so its fair to say i wont be taking their quote.

I also did a quote for when im 25, the best quote so far is with AXA for around £600, my renewal quote from elephent is £807, i guess insurance does go down when you turn 25. i would like to see if i could benefit from the discounts insurance companies give to this forum to see if it is any cheaper.

Still at a loose end, any other ideas for temp insurance?

I agree, last year mine maybe dropped 25% but that also included another year's NCB which is way more important. If age is main reason your premium is high, then you're with the wrong insurance company.