some good news

dt350z

was driving back into hull today and my malfunction indication light came on.

took it back to the place were i got the car from they said bring it back on tuesday to look at.

but my question is what does this light mean

dan

As already said, without the error code it will be difficult to guess. If there is no obvious problem with the car it could be something very simple. Make sure you get the error code from the garage as that will give the technical members on here the chance to advise you. That way you can be assured that you will not be ripped off by the garage ;)

would have thought it means there is a malfunction! :lol::lol:

Do you work for Nissan? That would be the response they would give :p

There is a guide on here showing how you can read the code :thumbs:

Is the car driving Ok still or in limp mode? what about the light? is it constant or flickering all the time? when did it come on or rather what were you doing when it came on?

As said before it could be anything but if the car is driving k and the light is constant then is usually nothing serious just a temp malfunction or glitch! did you put the millitek when you bought it or it came with it?

Get the error code(s) when you go to Nissan ;)

Is the car driving Ok still or in limp mode? what about the light? is it constant or flickering all the time? when did it come on or rather what were you doing when it came on?

As said before it could be anything but if the car is driving k and the light is constant then is usually nothing serious just a temp malfunction or glitch! did you put the millitek when you bought it or it came with it?

Get the error code(s) when you go to Nissan ;)

the car is still driving ok, the light is on constnt, it came on when i was coming off a slip road back on the motorway.

the mpg gauge is at 0.0 constantly so i thought this might be an indication of it gone into limp mode.

the car came with the miltek on already.

so what about the cats

it has hi flow cats on is this the reason it came on.

That could do it, might be worth a pm to ZMANALEX as he sells O2 spacers that should stop it happening again if it's the high flow cats that are causing it. What brand are the hi flow cats?

so what about the cats

it has hi flow cats on is this the reason it came on.

That could do it, might be worth a pm to ZMANALEX as he sells O2 spacers that should stop it happening again if it's the high flow cats that are causing it. What brand are the hi flow cats?

these o2 spacers your on about do they go on the lamda sensor.

it has miltek system on.

how much would a tune up be just out of intrest because it will the seller that will foot the bill. :teeth:

dan

you won't get a remap out of them :lol: especially at nearly £400

your solution then if the seller is paying will be O2 spacers, about £25-£35 from Zmanalex i think. that will fix the problem

a remap should mean that the engine is making better use of all the mods and should mean it won't throw a fault code, i'm sure thats the gist of what mark at abbey was telling me.

he's the man to speak to and will tell you exaclty what a remap will and won't do

• 2 weeks later...

some good news today about my car

been having touble with my malfunction light coming on so took the zed in. they said it needs tuning so they took it to a plce in hull called alltune. they did there bit and came back saying it needs new cats

so got a phone call today saying they have ordered two cats at a price £700 each

and the good thing is i'm not paying a penny for anything done on my car as this is down to the dealer where i bought it from.

dan

some good news today about my car

been having touble with my malfunction light coming on so took the zed in. they said it needs tuning so they took it to a plce in hull called alltune. they did there bit and came back saying it needs new cats

so got a phone call today saying they have ordered two cats at a price £700 each

and the good thing is i'm not paying a penny for anything done on my car as this is down to the dealer where i bought it from.

dan

Sounds like they are putting it back to standard to get it working as it should.

Ask them, if you can keep "the old cats" - someone on here / ebay will buy a set of milltek high flow cats off you, be worth a few quid!