18" Rota Torque Drifts in Gunmetal - newly fitted

captain

Wow, looks good. Would like to see some shots from the front so i can really see those offsets... B)

Come back tomorrow Marzman and I'll make more of an effort. Squeezed these shots off between being abused by solicitors, buyers, sellers and Uncle Tom Cobley for 10 hours. :boxing:

Us estate agents just aren't paid enough. :) Think I'll put my fees up next week. :drunk:

personally i DON'T think it needs lowering , with that aggressive offset they fill the arches nicely espcially for 18's .

makes me want to hurry up and get th cash for some rotas , good choice . also how wide are they .

:thumbs:

275/40 rear and 245/45 front. :thumbs:

personally i DON'T think it needs lowering , with that aggressive offset they fill the arches nicely espcially for 18's .

makes me want to hurry up and get th cash for some rotas , good choice . also how wide are they .

245/45 up front ???? hope thats a typo or youve made your front bigger by nearly 10mm on the radius whihc is quite abit !

245/45 up front ???? hope thats a typo or youve made your front bigger by nearly 10mm on the radius whihc is quite abit !

the 40 and 45 is a percentage of the width... so both work out at about 110... :thumbs:

They are sick Simon B)B)

Needs lowering though :p you will be perfect with Eibach pro-kit or even better sportline springs which will just give you the best stance with those lovely wheel and without breaking the bank.

If you get the springs i can help fit them the same time when you are having all the other stuff done ;)

personally i

DON'T think it needs lowering , with that aggressive offset they fill the arches nicely espcially for 18's .

This tyre is only 20mm wider and with a rolling radius difference of 9mm which corresponds to 2.65% bigger than OEM within the acceptable limits are upto +/-3% (Or even +/-2.5% depending who you talk to).

Also remember the Rotas BTW are 18x9.5 so it also wide enough for this tyre while OEM front is only 18 x 8.5 and you can still plus size it with 245/45 and no issues. (you can fit upto 265mm wide tyres in front well :scare: with no rubbing at all).

The rear are also perfect and he went with 45-40 front to rear profile due to Falken inavailability in a thinner profile eg 35 but also more importantly to have a better visual front to rear sidewall height match which are 4.34 and 4.33mm respectively :thumbs:

245/40 would have been the closest match with OEM but the front will look too thin compared to the 275/40 tyre ;)

If / when you lower they will rub at the back, your going to need arch rolling done :thumbs:

Not necesarily Adrian ;) with Eibach prokit springs you will get about 20mm drop. Also as a result of dropping you will increase neg camber which will tuck in the wheels nicely and if need be you can dial in more camber up to were the OEM arms/bolt allow to avoid rub. :teeth:

From 295 upwards with aggresive ET and lowered +20mm then you may start to encounter rubbing issues. 305 tyres will fit only with rolling and lowering and maybe 315 with low profile but that will be a tight squeeze and small ET and an a very exagerated camber which will look good for a show but drive horribly :surrender:

If / when you lower they will rub at the back, your going to need arch rolling done :thumbs:

They're rubbing already.

70 degree left-hander taken at about 30 mph - a definite "nnnnrrrrr" from rear right for a quarter of a second.

How much is this arch-rolling business then? Sounds a bit fiddly?

I am liking them B)

Do they do them in 19"?

No. What I REALLY wanted was these wheels in 19" and flat black but they're about £2,500 and come from Japan............. :scare::scare:

Look up images of Works wheels and you'll see. :thumbs:

Not necesarily Adrian ;) with Eibach prokit springs you will get about 20mm drop. Also as a result of dropping you will increase neg camber which will tuck in the wheels nicely and if need be you can dial in more camber up to were the OEM arms/bolt allow to avoid rub. :teeth:

From 295 upwards with aggresive ET and lowered +20mm then you may start to encounter rubbing issues. 305 tyres will fit only with rolling and lowering and maybe 315 with low profile but that will be a tight squeeze and small ET and an a very exagerated camber which will look good for a show but drive horribly :surrender:

I love you man with all your techy talk. :huglove:

Thanks must go the GT4 Zed who spent a LONG time PM'ing me and on the phone expalining about tyres n' @*!#.

There was me thinking that 40 or 45 was the mm depth of the tyre, not a % of its width. I thought Falken was a big bird that ate pigeons in Trafalgar Square. :lol:

So old and so much to learn........ :wheelchair::wheelchair:

They're rubbing already.

70 degree left-hander taken at about 30 mph - a definite "nnnnrrrrr" from rear right for a quarter of a second.

Rubbing? maybe we should have stayed with the 265 tyre since your ETs are aggressive :p But it would not have look this nice and wide B) .

Call archenemy who d the rolling for circa £80 at your front door. TYakes about an hour or less.

http://www.archenemy.co.uk/contact.htm

The nearest agent will be from south wales :thumbs:

Other wise take in to a laser geometry place and get a ful alignment check and dial in some more negative camber in the rear . The OEM upper limits is -2deg 05secUp. So if you aim for anywhere between 2-2.2 degres you will be fine and even get more rear end grip :thumbs: The tyres will also be fine wrt uneven wear. you will get the rest of the car adjusted within OEM specs all for the same cost. Expect to pay between £45-90 depending on where you go too ;)

They're rubbing already.

Group buy on arch rolling ;)

They're rubbing already.

Group buy on arch rolling ;)

Will be getting laser alignment with -2 rear camber and see how that goes first. If still probs then it's time to roll. :bangin::bangin:

That looks much better :yahoo::yahoo: black really goes well with the colour of your car :thumbs:

I will lend you a tin opener if you need some of the rear arches taken out. :p

I will see you next week for a coffee if you are around :D