Hi everyone

Hey :)

Thought I'd sign up, just looking for some info on a few 350 related things. I own a 1990 200SX at the moment and I'm exploring a few different swaps at the moment and looking into a hybrid VQ at the moment. Mainly interested in transmission bits at the moment but that might change...

See some of you around at some shows this year?

:)

Tom

Welcome to the forum Tom there is laods of info on the zed and all its parts.... just use the search button and it should bring up all the data you are looking for :thumbs: Where abouts are you based?

Hi mate i am coops, resident carbon loon :bounce:

I come from the SX background and if i were you i would not bother with the VQ, considering pulling it out of my Z just go RB, i did on a 14a and was the best thing i ever did !!!!!!!

Coops

Not interested in RB in the slightest. Too much weight up front for my liking, and too long. I'm trying to address the weight distribution issue :)

I've got my eye on a VQ30DET from a Y33 Cima at the moment mated to a 350z 6 speed box. With some mods I should be able to get the whole lot mounted very low and very far back. The best thing is the whole engine (minus turbo and manis) weighs about the same as a CA18! Even better is the DET is good for over 500hp unopened and produces mountains and mountains of torque - more than any RB for the same output :)

I had a brief look into transverse rear axle gearboxes but I can't justify the outlay for one... So I'm back looking at Z boxes for now ;)

Thanks for the welcome everyone :D