What not to do on a test drive!

nicon2k

:scare: "The insurance claim was lodged by the test driver, not the owner of the car."

Wonder who agreed to move his insurance from his other car to the Zonda for the day! :wacko: So I wont be bothering with checking quotes from Aviva at renewal time... :teeth:

:headhurt:

Sure that would be a write off? £300k to fix and £500k new, surely it wont be worth more than £300k after its been repaired? :scare:

mmm not sure about that, 10 made per year ... makes them pretty rare for a start... then again would the value loss of one of them be higher then 200k? Probably... but the insurance company doesn't want to pay out 500k if they can get away with "only" paying 300k...

You have to remember that these cars are very few and far between (there are more Veyrons than these).

I have no doubt that in they'll hold their price in the future - it could even rise in the right conditions (like the Enzo or McLaren F1).

:headhurt:

Sure that would be a write off? £300k to fix and £500k new, surely it wont be worth more than £300k after its been repaired? :scare:

mmm not sure about that, 10 made per year ... makes them pretty rare for a start... then again would the value loss of one of them be higher then 200k? Probably... but the insurance company doesn't want to pay out 500k if they can get away with "only" paying 300k...

Yeah fair point. Dont want to see that renewal when it comes through :surrender:

This happened not far from where I live. Loads of stories flying about at the time that it was the owners mate driving it etc. I guess that was kind of true.

There were 2 Zondas in Aberdeen for a while too....

Oh and Zondas have been appreciating since the first ones were roughly a year old - great automotive investment!

This happened not far from where I live. Loads of stories flying about at the time that it was the owners mate driving it etc. I guess that was kind of true.

There were 2 Zondas in Aberdeen for a while too....

Oh and Zondas have been appreciating since the first ones were roughly a year old - great automotive investment!

I heard that it was his mate as well . Unless there are 2 Silver Zonda's in this neck of the woods that will be the car I saw in Tesco's , Ellon about 6 months ago.... nice wee runabout to nip to the shops in.

I'll have some crappy Blackberry photos of it.

We did give chase in my gf's 1.2 Clio when he left Tesco's but that was the shortest race ever ! :blush:;)

Front page headlines in the local paper today states that is was Sir Jackie Stewart driving the Zonda at the time of the accident :headhurt::scare:

The daily neep (aka The Press and Journal) have removed the article. Jackie Stewart says 'it wisnae me!'

The owner said it was a professional driver and household name. Household name rules out Nathan Kinch. Maybe it was the Stig!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The plot thickens.

I would concur that this would/SHOULD be a write off.

My reasoning is simple. Who would buy an accident repaired Zonda S ? Lets not pretend this is some run of the mill car that will have a section of the market that think "yeah well its been in a bump, but I can get it a few quid cheaper"....

People who can afford £500,000 supercars, will most probably have them individually specced, and bought from new. These aren't the sort of people that will be bothered about saving a couple of hundred grand for a nearly new accident repaired. If it were a premiership footballer, its a couple of weeks wages. Four weeks wages after tax.

This is a prestigious, VERY expensive car. Nobody with that kind of money will buy an accident repaired £300k car. Ever.

Which means the current owner will never shift it for what it should be worth, and it wont sell for more than the repair cost. :wacko:

I would concur that this would/SHOULD be a write off.

My reasoning is simple. Who would buy an accident repaired Zonda S ? Lets not pretend this is some run of the mill car that will have a section of the market that think "yeah well its been in a bump, but I can get it a few quid cheaper"....

People who can afford £500,000 supercars, will most probably have them individually specced, and bought from new. These aren't the sort of people that will be bothered about saving a couple of hundred grand for a nearly new accident repaired. If it were a premiership footballer, its a couple of weeks wages. Four weeks wages after tax.

This is a prestigious, VERY expensive car. Nobody with that kind of money will buy an accident repaired £300k car. Ever.

Which means the current owner will never shift it for what it should be worth, and it wont sell for more than the repair cost. :wacko:

sounds like a pretty sound point to me, if you were the owner how would you feel getting an accident repaired one back...