OEM styling opinions - thought for the day

Bradders

Bored at work and boss is away :yawn: , so thought I'd reach out to others in the same position and pick your brains.

I want to keep mine mainly OEM but make some very subtle but cheap mods. Just spent aload on Dodo Juice :D Only had her since Jan this year. She is completley standard with Rays.

Maybe some carbon B pillars covers and a stubby for starters. I'd like to put on a couple of the nice Z badgers that Envy do. Think the smoked chrome will look nice against GM.

On another note, is there a switch I haven't found to switch off the factory reverse sensors. I back mind onto the drive and get waved in by the missus as it is very tight, and I'd like to use it just for parking, as on the drive they drive me potty. So LOUD :angry:

Any input greatly received.

Bradders.

This is what I'm planning for my GM

1 - CF B pillar covers (thanks Scott) ............................................................................................................................................RECEIVED AWAITING FITTING

2 - Zunsport grille in silver (thanks Husky) .................................................................................................................................PATIENTLY WAITING TO ORDER

3 - Number plate re-sited into grille .... front bumper smoothed ...............................................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

4 - Pearl black Z badge ...............................................................................................................................................................RECEIVED AWAITING FITTING

5 - Front bumper resprayed GM with piano black to centre below-grille section .........................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

6 - Roof resprayed piano black (dcash5's photo convinced me that this IS the way forward) .......................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

7 - Splash guards sprayed in body colour (thanks Sarnie) ...........................................................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

8 - Professional exterior detail ....................................................................................................................................................BOOKED

9 - Full on interior detail by the wifey (she's the best I know at this) ...........................................................................................50% COMPLETE

10 - Limo tint to rear window .....................................................................................................................................................TBA

11 - wheel spacers 20 + 25 ........................................................................................................................................................POSSIBLY 20" KONIGS INSTEAD

12 - Stubby ................................................................................................................................................................................100% COMPLETE

13 - LED rears (thanks Alex and Lincolnbaggie .. following your baby convinced my wife) ..........................................................RECEIVED AWAITING FITTING

14 - HuskyStylee reverse/fog/indicator lights .............................................................................................................................TBA

15 - LED lighting to include puddle/footwell/brace bar/dome lights ...........................................................................................TBA

i like the OEM look aswell, i changed my interior lights to be white, looks oem. i could have gone for blue or green or anything really but i thought this looked more in keeping with the zed. a polished plenum is really nice aswell, its surprsing how much of a difference it makes

I'm stuck in the same boat just now as well. I think (personally) its a little bit more difficult to spruce up a GM colour car. There's a very fine line with it between nice and classes and tacky and chavvy. I agree the smoked chrome should look lovely. Keep us updated.

i like the OEM look aswell, i changed my interior lights to be white, looks oem. i could have gone for blue or green or anything really but i thought this looked more in keeping with the zed. a polished plenum is really nice aswell, its surprsing how much of a difference it makes

Especially when you don't have to do the polishing!!! :lol::p

Especially when you don't have to do the polishing!!! :lol::p

:teeth: it does need tlc though

Thanks Husky and ATTAK Z, those are some nice ideas. That sort of thing is exactly what I'm looking for.

Think I'll look at a Stubby, badgers and B pillars first. Saw some Z wheel centre caps on Fleabay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-18-RAYS-ALLOY-WHEEL-Z-CENTER-CAPS-X4_W0QQitemZ130372206820QQihZ003QQcategoryZ43117QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8724983464177882704

Anyone know if they are any good? Would prefer some from a known suppliers. Not saying there is anything wrong with this guy of course.

Who was it who makes the gearknobs here with laser engraving. Maybe he could tool some?

Bradders.

That is Asad, who is top notch. He sells a few bits on ebay and is a member here too. I stock his parts so I know they are very nice.

Sorry Chilli is that Asad who makes the knobs or who sells the centres on eBay?

Bradders.

Asad does centres and badges as well as other bts and bobs :)

A little off topic........... but why is this the only post on the forum where I have to use the horizontal scroll bar on????

Looking forward to seeing you progress, I am just looking at internal mods for the moment, I really like the standard look :thumbs: