Defi Water Temp Gauge

CJM Stage 0 Fuel Return System

NGK One Step Colder Spark Plugs

AAM Oil Pan Spacer

Defi Boost Gauge

Defi Oil Pressure Gauge

Defi Fuel Pressure Gauge

HKS AFK Install

There are 4 parts to install, 1 Ignition feed, 2 wideband sensors (will be fitted when my new cats arrive) & the knock sensor. The first 3 are easy, the last one though involves splicing into the ECU harness :surrender: I was not looking forward to this part of the install, cutting the factory harness was probably the most nerve wracking thing I've done so far :blush:

A few mates came down & gave a helping hand :thumbs: we started by removing the lower dash to gain access to the ECU, removed the ECU & found the correct wire to cut into. Then to make things easier, we removed the passenger seat. There is sod all room in the footwell, especially when your trying to hold a soldering iron, solder & another wire as we discovered, there is not enough room under there for 2 people to do it. Heres where it went a bit wrong :blush: because of the lack of room, when I tried stripping the wire back so I could tap into it I used a bit to much force & snapped the wire :scare: It took me nearly 3 hours to get them bridged back together with the knock amp connected aswell, then just as I was wrapping them in insulation tape - it came apart :bang: I was about to give up when I had a call from my uncle seeing how we were doing (I think he was worried because we hadnt phoned him in over an hour :lol: ) Explained the situation to him & he came to my rescue, within 10mins he had the whole thing fitted (its easy when you do that for a living :blush: )

I only have it set up to monitor knock at the moment, I will fit the wideband sensors once I recieve my new cat pipes.

Interior before

DSC_2787.jpg

Interior now

DSC_2830Custom.jpg

DSC_2824Custom.jpg

DSC_2823Custom.jpg

DSC_2828Custom.jpg

Came out better than I expected it to TBH, Pretty happy with it & you get the idea of what it will look like when my other gauges arrive

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather was against me this morning but once it dried up this afternoon I managed to get a few hours of work in :D Only done the basic things so far but tomorrow is supposed to be dry which means I can really crack on with it B)

Z moved into position at the side of my house, as you can see I have loads of room to work with :lol:

DSC_2974.jpg

Bumper off, becoming an expert at this now. Can remove the front end within 20mins :D

DSC_2975.jpg

Bumper Reinforcement bar removed, pipe that runs between both washer bottles removed

DSC_2977.jpg

Intake, Catch Can, A few brackets & the Idler pulley removed

DSC_2979.jpg

And then the light disappeared :thumbdown:

DSC_2982.jpg

All tucked up for the night ready for tomorrow. Will start tomorrow by relocating the horns & fitting the the oil tank :)

Had a few distractions today (slept late, football & changing a wheel on an evo :lol: ) but still managed to get on with a few things.

Power steering cooler relocated (Snapped a screw off when fitting the new bracket :bang: )

DSC_2994.jpg

Horns relocated

DSC_2995.jpg

Aircon piping relocated (Will be once I repair/replace the white clip I broke)

DSC_2996.jpg

new idler pulley temporarily fitted

DSC_2997.jpg

DSC_3002.jpg

Thats it for the day :) At the stage now where I need to fit the S/C bracket & the pipe work :teeth:

Will hopefully start that tomorrow if its dry & I get home early, if not it will be another week or so before I do any more work :dry:

nice little touch getting the BRIDE logo in the rear view mirror ;)

Aren't you a little worried that people are going to nick goodies off your car with it outside? :scare:

Took me a while to get that shot setup right ;)

Not too worried, the major parts are in the shed & the car is locked :)

nice little touch getting the BRIDE logo in the rear view mirror ;)

Aren't you a little worried that people are going to nick goodies off your car with it outside? :scare:

Took me a while to get that shot setup right ;)

Not too worried, the major parts are in the shed & the car is locked :)

Ile not bother coming round in the nite then :lol: ................................. ;)

:lol:

Only little bits of progress this week. Fitted a few brackets & got the S/C bracket ready to go on once we get a dry day :)

Hopefully will be getting my package from Adam by early next week & if its dry next week I will hopefully be done & ready for mapping by easter :dummy:

Got on with a few bits & pieces today in between the rain, snow & the strong winds :thumbdown:

I decided that with having a week off work & the rain forecast it would be a good idea to buy a gazebo to cover the car so I could work in the rain :blush: A quick trip to B&Q and I'd bought one

My Z in its new home

DSC_3029.jpg

DSC_3039.jpg

Its great, keeps the rain off me when I'm under there so I'm happy with it :D It is a bit tight to the car though but I've put some pillows & padding between the car & the posts to avoid any damage :headhurt: Its also bolted into the ground & tied in quite a few places so its pretty secure

Took us a few hours getting that up having to battle against the weather conditions so I finally got to work after lunch :snack:

Started off by draining the coolant & removing the overflow tank. Then off came the fans & then the radiator. Horrible job & one that hopefully I wont need to do again

DSC_3030.jpg

DSC_3031.jpg

DSC_3033.jpg

I've also fitted the idler pulley properly now & tightened the bolts for it

My order from Adam should be here tomorrow so I can really get on with things for the rest of the week :D

Also recieved my GTM/Setrab oil cooler today

DSC_3044.jpg

DSC_3048.jpg

I've put as much of the supercharger kit together as I can do off the car so it should just be a case of bolting it on :headhurt::lol:

Finished for the day now because I'm cold & I can't feel my feet anymore

DSC_3036.jpg

First job for tomorrow is to remove the passenger side washer bottle & block the drivers side off - any suggestions will be helpful ;)

Spoke to soon, car wont be ready by the weekend :( Not all of my parts turned up today :(

The only thing I've done today is remove the passenger side washer bottle & sort the hoses out on the drivers side & get my new radiator in :)

Did get some new parts today though B)

Cosworth plenum :cloud9: The pictures really dont do this justice, it looks amazing

DSC_3076.jpg

DSC_3078.jpg

BUT for the money, I thought the carbon end caps should be much better quality :dry:

Tomei test pipes

DSC_3063.jpg

SSQV black edition

DSC_3072.jpg

This might not get fitted now though since it has to go onto the IC pipe, it could be more hassle than its worth TBH. Looks sooooooooo good though B)

Greddy water temp adaptor, spark plugs, TB spacer, SS clutch line, 600CC injectors & Water temp gauge

DSC_3070.jpg

DSC_3065.jpg

DSC_3069.jpg

Koyo 54MM radiator

DSC_3075.jpg

A big beast, I was wondering how the hell it was gonna fit in such a small space :headhurt:

And a few interior pieces ;)

ARC Ti gear knob

DSC_3083.jpg

Bride floor mats B)

DSC_3058.jpg

Nardi handbrake handle

DSC_3009.jpg

And finally a massive thanks to the guys at RHDJapan for the ARC titanium clock that I won in a competition on theyre facebook page B)

DSC_3056.jpg

The plenum looks B) mate.

From the pics the weave looks all over the place on the end caps,is that what you are not happy with?

The weave is ok, but there are a few patches on the caps where there is no weave :dry: Might end up getting the caps powdercoated aswell