Project JDM Whore-HKS S/C Installation *done*

Ian

No more work done on the car because I've been away on a course :thumbdown:

Just got sent these photos by a mate who arranged for them to be sprayed, will get them back tomorrow & back to work on the car

bits7.jpg

Weapon-R Coolant Tank

bits9.jpg

Weapon-R Power Steering tank

bits10.jpg

Now I just need to find some black braided hose in the right size for the catch can B)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally seeing the merits of stealth Ian ;)

Viper performance or merlinmotorsports should be able to sort you out with bespoke length or gauges of hoses methinks

And please hurry up with the build :rant: ....................................we are on tentahooks :lol:

tha course can wait you know :p

Course is finished & I passed B)

Stealth is definatley the new bling ;)

I should be finished tomorrow, then I take it to Abbey on 1st May :yahoo:

good man :thumbs:

Ps: i asked in one of your recent post to send me your PP for the belt ;) i could not fine it in my previous saved list :surrender:

Course is finished & I passed B)

Stealth is definatley the new bling ;)

I should be finished tomorrow, then I take it to Abbey on 1st May :yahoo:

good man :thumbs:

Ps: i asked in one of your recent post to send me your PP for the belt ;) i could not fine it in my previous saved list :surrender:

PM on its way :thumbs:

Tanks look awesome Ian,just a pity you could not pic the ARC logo out in a different colour.

If you get the braided lines let me know what sizes are needed with regards finishers etc.

Sizes are -7 & -11

I've got something up my sleeve with the ARC logo though ;)

Tanks look awesome Ian,just a pity you could not pic the ARC logo out in a different colour.

If you get the braided lines let me know what sizes are needed with regards finishers etc.

Sizes are -7 & -11

I've got something up my sleeve with the ARC logo though ;)

Cue rtbiscuit ;);)

Not sure :shrug:

I can get the braided hose in the right size but Earls don't do it in black. The one place I did find selling black hose reckon that the size isn't made :wacko:

Gonna pop up to a local place tomorrow and see if they can do it

Started today by fitting the 2nd idler pulley & the belt. 54mm radiator + Supercharger bracket + Chubby hands = hard work fitting belts :headhurt:

DSC_3159.jpg

DSC_3161.jpg

DSC_3163.jpg

As you can see its a tight fit with the bigger radiator, I think I've cut away enough of my fan shroud now though to get by

Intercooler goes in

DSC_3165.jpg

Pipework for intercooler goes on

DSC_3167.jpg

DSC_3170.jpg

DSC_3172.jpg

Oil tank, Oil cooler for the S/C in place

DSC_3177.jpg

DSC_3178.jpg

Took me ages to get the hose onto the supercharger for the oil cooler, Its something that was supposed to be done before fitting the charger & not after but I missed that part of the instructions :blush:

Filter on

DSC_3179.jpg

DSC_3180.jpg

DSC_3181.jpg

Another very tight fit, really need to get a blue filter though :dry:

Final intercooler pipe on (not secured because it was dark)

DSC_3183.jpg

Nearly finished now, just got a few jobs left to do :D

Coming along nicely,that's a tight fit in there.Big :thumbs: for doing it yourself,I would not have the balls or patience to tackle something like this.

At times I've felt like giving up, but I'm quite enjoying it & learning a load as I've gone along :)

hadn't realised how little space there was in there

With nothing in the front of the engine bay you have loads of space, once the bigger radiator goes in then that takes ll the space.

I need to look at getting a set of slimline fans in a few months as the fans are really really close to some hoses :headhurt:

Looking amazing, some great parts going in and boy how tight does it all look. Are you nearly all done mate.

Nearly finished. If I get back from cheddar earlyish tomorrow I might be able to start the car tomorrow :headhurt:

Jobs left:

Secure IC pipe

Plumb in BPV

Refit power steering tank

Refit coolant overflow tank

Refit oil catch can

Fill with coolant

Fill with oil

and then just a few final checks.

There are a few other bits that need doing but because I can't jack the car up then I'm gonna get them done at Abbey next month :)

Ian, why did you go for the 54mm rad? most people with SC seem ok with 36mm koyos :teeth: It just seems too much trouble for little benefit :shrug:

If anything with the SC more gains and reliability are to be had from a bigger FMIC and more oil cooling capacity apart from using smaller pulleys ;)

Ian, why did you go for the 54mm rad? most people with SC seem ok with 36mm koyos :teeth: It just seems too much trouble for little benefit :shrug:

If anything with the SC more gains and reliability are to be had from a bigger FMIC and more oil cooling capacity apart from using smaller pulleys ;)

What trouble? Its just a little tight & costs about £10 more to buy ;) Not forgetting that I'm not like most people :p

Gains from a bigger IC are minimal for the outlay of a bigger IC ;) I already have a larger oil pan & an oil cooler aswell as a dedicated oil cooler for the S/C so am pretty well stocked on the cooling side of things. I do have a smaller pulley to go on but I void the warranty if I fit it myself :wacko:

What trouble? Its just a little tight & costs about £10 more to buy ;) Not forgetting that I'm not like most people :p

Gains from a bigger IC are minimal for the outlay of a bigger IC ;) I already have a larger oil pan & an oil cooler aswell as a dedicated oil cooler for the S/C so am pretty well stocked on the cooling side of things. I do have a smaller pulley to go on but I void the warranty if I fit it myself :wacko:

Ahhhhh thats better :thumbs: i knew you have your proirities right which is why i kind of checked :p

Updates/pics? :snack:

Ian,

Great post and a stunning build.

Can you give an idea of costs for the parts and roughly how many hours has it taken you for the build?

Cheers

Nick

Roughly I'd say about £7.5K on parts :headhurt: Time taken I would say is about 45-50 hours :) Not bad considering I've never done anything like this before :surrender:

Looking good! Good to see you and your mate today. Did you manage to start her today after the Cheddar Meet?

Finally got done around 7.30, she purrs quite nicely B)

Full update will follow once I've sorted the pictures out :)