30mm spacers, fitted with pics

kris

After making the decision to keep my rays and powdercoat them, I also wanted to fill the arches properly. I didn't really feel that the eibachs space out the rear far enough so I went on the hunt for some 30mm spacers, I saw a couple of pics on the american forums and it looked good. Only problem being that there is no 'off the shelf' supplier here in the uk. So I got on the blower to driftworks and they knocked me up a custom set of 30mm spacers. Came to £147 for the set but definitely worth the extra cash. Don't think anybody on this forum has done this yet, could be wrong though.

I arrived home yesterday to be greeted with these :teeth:

15032010081.jpg

15032010082.jpg

So this afternoon I set about fitting them.

15032010093.jpg

15032010092.jpg

When the wheel was test fitted I had a few concerns about how close to the fender it would be when lowered back down. Especially with my tanabe springs.

15032010087.jpg

My concerns soon subsided when I got it back on the ground again!

15032010088.jpg

Before:

15032010084.jpg

After:

15032010089.jpg

I really do think it looks good, even though is only 5mm more than some eibachs.

15032010094.jpg

I was concerned that I might need archwork with the lowering, but I think it will be ok. I'll soon find out about any scrubbing issues when I next go for a long drive.

Opinions please :thumbs:

Spacers look great :)

Any chance of some more side on pictures of the car with the refurbed wheels? Would also be good if you could get a couple of close ups of the silver rims! I like the standard wheels so I reckon a refurb is a better option than new rims!

Cheers,

Chris

looks really good,

i'm sure i remember it being said not to go over 25 mm if lowering as it will rub.

wonder if 30 mm will defo rub :shrug:

soon find out. worst case you need to roll the arches. just be aware there is a very large sharp edge in the rear wheel arch where the bumper meets the wing.

Thanks again for the comments :thumbs:

Once I've washed the wheels again i'll get some side on pics, a sunny day will also really show off the gunmetal. I really can't stress how much better they look in the flesh!

I had a spirited drive to work and granted I didn't really push it but there was no rubbing. There seems to be ok clearance though. When I get coilovers I will sort the arches out. Would love to have a real low wideboy look with these. Its very underestimmated how much a low wide setup can transform the look of a car.

Front spacers are on the way!