Z Bodge (Not mispelled)

helimeddaz

Hi All,

Fitted a new front Z badge last summer (Not a cheapy either) and 8 months later it's rotten. The chrome effect is Knackered and its letting down the front of my Z. (So the badge is a bodge). Really disappointed with the life on this 1.

What's the best way of getting it off (getting the factory 1 off was a total nightmare) and whats a better quality alternative.

P1010366.jpg

Ta. :)

Sorry. The picture's of when it was new.

Trust me is knackered. I'm not wastin mega bytes on my camera for a picture of S*&^e. :lol::lol::lol:

I suppose the snow foam proves I've tried to keep it clean and protected. Bought on Ebay, so I've contacted the seller, not holding my breath on that front.

However a cunning plan is forming. I wonder if any tallented people on here could either cast 1 or machine 1. I bet there'd be a market for them.

Still, how do I get the old 1 off easily? :teeth:

TBH mine is the same,

i havent had it long about 6 months, bought mine from Envy. i will PM sarah about it. thought it was just mine LOL

Sparky

Result... Had a reply from the seller on Ebay. I'll update when I have more details.

I would have bet money on being fobbed, but we'll see. :teeth:

...I wonder if any tallented people on here could either cast 1 or machine 1. I bet there'd be a market for them.

Well... I've been considering making a carbon fibre one... :ninja:

Been putting it off as I've been far too busy, but I do have one ready to make a mould from... so may as well put the feelers out; if succesful, would anyone else be interested? :shrug:

...I wonder if any tallented people on here could either cast 1 or machine 1. I bet there'd be a market for them.

Been putting it off as I've been far too busy, but I do have one ready to make a mould from... so may as well put the feelers out; if succesful, would anyone else be interested? :shrug:

If you can pull this off i will be interested,would you be able to do the 350z or would that be too fiddly?

If you can pull this off i will be interested,would you be able to do the 350z or would that be too fiddly?

Hmm there's a thought too! :thumbs: I think it'd be v. difficult to do well tbh, given it's so small & sharp lines, but could look in the future...

Which after-market bodges sorry badges are we talking about here Daz are the pearl blacks affected?

Mine is a plastic/chromed Z. Don't know if the black ones are trouble or not.

Just to update. Had further dialog with the seller (unbelievable). At first he asked me to take it off and send it back to him for an inspection, which I declined and we agreed to compramise and I sent him a photo and I agreed to return the knacked 1 when a new 1 arrived. He agreed and is sending me a new "bodge" sorry badge on Monday. Can't ask for more really.

He said he was a Z owner too and he has had no other issues with the badges, having sold a large number of them.

My thoughts are what to do with new 1 to protect it. Lacquer maybe?

Further updates to follow. :teeth:

This is not uncommon but try this US based shop below for a wide variety. Their stuff are usually good quality. Or just powdercoat it to your body colour for somtheing different....that what i've done to mine B) .

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/350z03j

These look exactly like the one I bought. Similar price (when converted to £), so don't know if they would be better or not.

Thanks. :teeth:

I have seen so many of these badges go all funny. Thats why i never fitted the one i bought (still sat in my garage).

Clear coat should work but you're risking the finish of it slightly. Maybe some kind of wheel wax would better protect it?