I've caught the bug 29/05 UPDATE

ATTAK Z

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well my Zed's 6 years old and I'm going to give her a bit of an upgrade .............. I almost put her up for sale last year when I got p!$$ed off with the banana bar rattle and the airbag warning light but now I've decided that she deserves a bit of TLC ...... since then I've had the Rays refurbed, new Falkens all round, repairs to window tints and new PIAA blades ............

so here's the plan going forward

1 - CF B pillar covers (thanks Scott)

2 - Zunsport grille in silver (thanks Husky)

3 - Number plate re-sited into grille .... front bumper smoothed (but burger stays on)

4 - Front bumper resprayed GM with piano black to centre below-grille section

5 - Roof resprayed piano black (dcash5's photo convinced me that this IS the way forward)

6 - Splash guards sprayed in body colour (thanks Sarnie)

6 - Professional exterior detail

7 - Full on interior detail by the wifey (she's the best I know at this)

8 - Limo tint to rear window

9 - wheel spacers 20 + 25

10 Stubby

11 - LED rears (thanks Lincolnbaggie .. following your baby convinced my wife)

My Z will be in the body-shop whist I have a well deserved holiday down under with my family and the F1 guys

Can you think of anything else that I should consider whilst the car is in the body-shop ? .......... all advice gratefully received

3) Burger stays on???? :nono:

6) :thumbs:

Two number 6's???

Agreed Stew, but I'm trying to think of a way of changing the reverse/indicator/rear fog that's completely different from stock but still looks B)

wait until husky is finisnhed with his rear cluster... looks tasty...

didn't know about that .... please show

Agreed Stew, but I'm trying to think of a way of changing the reverse/indicator/rear fog that's completely different from stock but still looks B)

:dry: its not ready yet, I'll PM him :D

clear out the rear foglight and change all the indicators for silver ones. Tidies up the look a lot.

does that require removal of the rear bumper ?

No STEW you do not need to remove the bumper(previous quote).

You can move the bumper off enough without taken it off and still get the rear light out and re-fit.

IMG_3491.jpg

Makes the back end look B)

clear out the rear foglight and change all the indicators for silver ones. Tidies up the look a lot.

does that require removal of the rear bumper ?

No STEW you do not need to remove the bumper(previous quote).

You can move the bumper off enough without taken it off and still get the rear light out and re-fit.

IMG_3491.jpg

Makes the back end look B)

Thanks for clearing that up then! :thumbs:

So here's to another 6 years?? Great to see you're giving her a birthday. :thumbs: We're a bad influence. :lol:

Hi Bronzee

you guys and gals are indeed a bad influence, but my view is why spend £20,000.00 on a 370 when you can spend a couple of grand to rejuvenate the 350 and as you say hopefully get another 6 years fabulous motoring :drive1:drive1:drive1

........ any cars over there with different mods to reverse/indicator/rear fog lights ?

Painful isn't it.... I want some too, but can't justify £200 on a couple bits of ally at the moment lol

well you do get 4 bits but I can't see how they get to 50 quid apiece for a bit of machined ally and 5 bolts :surrender:

tempting though.... would you go 20 and 20, or 20 front, 25 rears.

Hmmm

consensus is 20/25 with Rays on stock suspension and that brings up another question for CS ........ do you do 20/25 set as I can only find 20/20 set on your website

Painful isn't it.... I want some too, but can't justify £200 on a couple bits of ally at the moment lol

well you do get 4 bits but I can't see how they get to 50 quid apiece for a bit of machined ally and 5 bolts :surrender:

I decided against spacers altogether.....

but then spent lots more on a set of wheels instead :lol::lol::lol:

You still need them though :p

no progress which would look good in a picture just yet but im working on it :)

no progress which would look good in a picture just yet but im working on it :)

Put me down on your list of buyers please Husky .... I need brighter reversing lights please :thumbs:

Well my Zed's 6 years old and I'm going to give her a bit of an upgrade .............. I almost put her up for sale last year when I got p!$$ed off with the banana bar rattle and the airbag warning light but now I've decided that she deserves a bit of TLC ...... since then I've had the Rays refurbed, new Falkens all round, repairs to window tints and new PIAA blades ............

so here's an UPDATE the plan going forward

1 - CF B pillar covers (thanks Scott) ............................................................................................................................................RECEIVED AWAITING FITTING

2 - Zunsport grille in silver (thanks Husky) .................................................................................................................................PATIENTLY WAITING TO ORDER

3 - Number plate re-sited into grille .... front bumper smoothed ...............................................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

4 - Pearl black Z badge ..............................................................................................................................................................ORDERED

5 - Front bumper resprayed GM with piano black to centre below-grille section ........................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

6 - Roof resprayed piano black (dcash5's photo convinced me that this IS the way forward) ......................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

7 - Splash guards sprayed in body colour (thanks Sarnie) ..........................................................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

8 - Professional exterior detail ..................................................................................................................................................TBA

9 - Full on interior detail by the wifey (she's the best I know at this) ..........................................................................................50% COMPLETE

10 - Limo tint to rear window ....................................................................................................................................................TBA

11 - wheel spacers 20 + 25 ......................................................................................................................................................AWAITING FUNDING

12 - Stubby ...............................................................................................................................................................................100% COMPLETE

13 - LED rears (on order from Alex and thanks Lincolnbaggie .. following your baby convinced my wife) ..................................RECEIVED AWAITING FITTING

14 - HuskyStylee reverse/fog/indicator lights ...........................................................................................................................TBA

My Z will be in the body-shop whist I have a well deserved holiday down under with my family and the F1 guys

Can you think of anything else that I should consider whilst the car is in the body-shop ? .......... all advice gratefully received

You still need them though :p

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

100319 UPDATE

1 - CF B pillar covers (thanks Scott) ............................................................................................................................................RECEIVED AWAITING FITTING

2 - Zunsport grille in silver (thanks Husky) .................................................................................................................................PATIENTLY WAITING TO ORDER

3 - Number plate re-sited into grille .... front bumper smoothed ...............................................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

4 - Pearl black Z badge ...............................................................................................................................................................RECEIVED AWAITING FITTING

5 - Front bumper resprayed GM with piano black to centre below-grille section .........................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

6 - Roof resprayed piano black (dcash5's photo convinced me that this IS the way forward) .......................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

7 - Splash guards sprayed in body colour (thanks Sarnie) ...........................................................................................................BOOKED INTO BODYSHOP

8 - Professional exterior detail ....................................................................................................................................................BOOKED

9 - Full on interior detail by the wifey (she's the best I know at this) ...........................................................................................50% COMPLETE

10 - Limo tint to rear window .....................................................................................................................................................TBA

11 - wheel spacers 20 + 25 ........................................................................................................................................................POSSIBLY 20" KONIGS INSTEAD

12 - Stubby ................................................................................................................................................................................100% COMPLETE

13 - LED rears (thanks Alex and Lincolnbaggie .. following your baby convinced my wife) ..........................................................RECEIVED AWAITING FITTING

14 - HuskyStylee reverse/fog/indicator lights .............................................................................................................................TBA

15 - LED lighting to include puddle/footwell/brace bar/dome lights ...........................................................................................TBA

anything else that I should consider ? .......... all advice gratefully received