Which is the best 350z

l0ad3d9

Been looking at a 350z for a while but was out off after a drive in a roadster

it wasn't for me so I brought a tt to curve my need for a new car

WHAT A MISTAKE that turned out to be as I hate the tt lol

so I'm back to a 350z now but I want a coupe

now I no there are 3 different engine types all with different power now my question is which one of the three is the best

am I better off with an import

when does the tax change affect the cars

I did have a look through the site to find info on this but came up short

all and any help would be much appricated if that's how you spell it

thanks

rich

Hi Mate

Wise decision on going back to the zed. Everyone on here loves their zed so ull be hard pushed to say ones better than another, each is different IMO. I have a 2003 JDM and love her to bits having modded her the way i wanted her. Thats the good thing about the zed in that u can customise to ur hearts content and wallet lol.

Older zeds have lower road tax bands than the newer ones which is advantageous. Imports can have an effect on insurance and when u want to sell her again (if u choose too).

IMO Buy a zed u can afford with the lowest mileage and best specs u can get. Then go from there......

all the best

D :teeth:

I think to summarise

early mk 1 cars have the 276 bhp engine 2004/2005 era

mk circa 2006 are 296 mk2 and the later ones 300+ mk3

I believe the main power difference between mk 1 and mk2 can be achieved by the introduction of a plenum spacer

mk3 has a totally different engine--thus the bonnet bulge ( some members are reporting a bit of oil usage with this engine)

I dont really believe there is really much noticable difference and the earlier models tax is lower after march or sometime in 2006 the tax went up to over 400

There may be a few suspension tweeks in the later models too i believe

EITHER OPTION IS BETTER THAN A TT :teeth::teeth:

This question has been asked about a million times!! Anyway in truth there isn't a massive difference between the different engines from everything I've read. The original 276bhp engine has the most tuning options but the later 309bhp is the best one out of the box. As with any new car purchse just get the best one you can for your budget, you won't be disappointed. ;)

Any UKs registered (or JDMs imported) after March 2006 are over £400 per year for road tax and any before that fall into the 200 odd quid band. Although in truth these are thirsty cars and the difference in road tax is less than 3 tanks of fuel a year so not worth losing too much sleep about IMO.

This question has been asked about a million times!! Anyway in truth there isn't a massive difference between the different engines from everything I've read. The original 276bhp engine has the most tuning options but the later 309bhp is the best one out of the box. As with any new car purchse just get the best one you can for your budget, you won't be disappointed. ;)

Any UKs registered (or JDMs imported) after March 2006 are over £400 per year for road tax and any before that fall into the 200 odd quid band. Although in truth these are thirsty cars and the difference in road tax is less than 3 tanks of fuel a year so not worth losing too much sleep about IMO.

+1 just get the newest lwoest milage you can really , modding more options on the older ones though or at least eayers to get hold of . but either way youl love it.

Any UKs registered (or JDMs imported) after March 2006 are over £400 per year for road tax and any before that fall into the 200 odd quid band.

The discount for pre-23rd March 2006 is due to end next year so it's not worth worrying about anymore. Really hope they extend it though, otherwise £435+ :thumbdown:

I think JDMs might remain cheaper because they don't have official CO2 figures do they?

Set your budget, and see what you can get for that.

Its not a case of whats best really. Its pointless saying an 08 car is best if you cant afford one. See what Im saying?

Personally I would not get the 313 version because the bonnet bulge is ugly (to me).

The bonnet lines on the 04/05 and 06/07 models are better and flow nicer for me.

...which happens to be a styling cue from the early Z cars, think 240Z. It's all about the bulge for me :)

Have had a 2005 Mk1 Roadster and now own a 2009 Mark 3 Coupe. Two slightly different cars but have to say the newer engine is a lot better :thumbs: Go with what you can afford with the lowest mileage/best condition :thumbs: