Interior Door lights

Zugara

They are just safety reflectors! Should be easy to convert I am sure - why not make puddle lights like my 300c ;)

How?????

Which reflectors or puddle lights?

Puddle lights are just bulbs in the door bottoms my Rex had them

in the base of the wing mirrors. Great idea although everyone laughs when you tell them!

Re: reflectors why not pop them out and drill a small hole halfway from inside to fit a red high power LED for example then pop the reflector back in - can't be too difficult really? Same for the puddle lights just use White LEDS they are small enough to conseal in the base of the door or card? :thumbs:

They are just safety reflectors! Should be easy to convert I am sure - why not make puddle lights like my 300c ;)

How?????

in the base of the wing mirrors. Great idea although everyone laughs when you tell them!

Re: reflectors why not pop them out and drill a small hole halfway from inside to fit a red high power LED for example then pop the reflector back in - can't be too difficult really? Same for the puddle lights just use White LEDS they are small enough to conseal in the base of the door or card? :thumbs:

ahh its always simple :p

:lol: your problem then comes from powering them ;)

How?????

Well not really mate they are just LEDs run them off the interior light circuit - can't take that much power can it? ;)

I want 'ambient' lighting!

My Dads S Class has it and it's lovely!

To give an idea

6f9d840a.jpg

+1 Audis have it in red, and I put it in my golf as you can take it from the passat W8. Would be V nice in the zed, particularly if you've some shiny CF bits / CF shifter.

How?????

Well not really mate they are just LEDs run them off the interior light circuit - can't take that much power can it? ;)

how do you get that to the door? through the door connector...? has it got any spare pins to use? its a watertight connector so you dont want to muller it to get them through. plus attaching things to the dome lights is just a bad idea without protection as ive proven.

Husky you worry too much mate - :D I'm sure its easy enough to take the door cards off and run a cable through - someone has bound to have done this before on the Zed - if you cant use the current cable connector then just run a cable through the door using gromits and of course a suitable cable sleeve. Reminds me of my early motoring days all this stuff :blush:

:lol: sorry stan its my job to worry about this stuff :blush: i am a perfectionist though if that helps explain. :surrender:

So am I mate - (note obsessive waxing behaviour when I had the zed!! :blush: )

You need to be a perfectionist in your job anyway to thats handy ;)

To give an idea

6f9d840a.jpg

Not quite the same but I can see where Chrysler pinched a lot of their styling from inside ! :doh: Inside of mine is so big I could probably wire up a full set of B&Q kitchen spots to shine onto the dash! Chavtastic! :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

This is alot easier than you think. I have done this too mine a while ago.

I made a small plate with 16 holes in for behind the red reflector. I used 5mm white led's for this (with resistors) and just glued them in, looks completely OEM when fitted. I also put 4 in the bottom of the door card so they shine on the ground when the door is opened, this sounds naff to some but its one of the best things ive done!

There are several empty pin holes in the door harness so I just ran the wires through there, only down side is that if you ever wanted to unplug your door harness and remove the door the wire will be there. But to be honest how often do you take your door off! I then just ran the wires up the A pillar and tapped into the room lamp. They even dim too same as the interior lamp!! While I was on i mounted some orange leds in the footwell and put them in the same circuit!

This only cost a few pounds for the leds and resistors! :D

how do you get that to the door? through the door connector...? has it got any spare pins to use? its a watertight connector so you dont want to muller it to get them through. plus attaching things to the dome lights is just a bad idea without protection as ive proven.

Just cos i know your a professional Husky thought id answer a few of your questions to give you some food for thought. The door connector is waterproof and there are quite a few spare slots (more on passenger side). If you look at the following image you can see ive utilised some of the spare space to run my speaker wires. I reckon you could easily wire in some small cable into the actual socket to run to these reflectors.

Picture2.jpg

cheers marky :)

since then i have had a good play running speaker wires into doors just like yours so im up to speed now :thumbs:

it all sounds good B) i would just say, please be carefull when tapping into the dome lights as there is no fuse between them and the BCM :thumbs:

To give an idea

6f9d840a.jpg

+1 Audis have it in red, and I put it in my golf as you can take it from the passat W8. Would be V nice in the zed, particularly if you've some shiny CF bits / CF shifter.

I was going to do it to my golf but then I sold it.

The Qashqui i had for a week had it in red and it was pretty B)

• 2 weeks later...