I've fallen in love...

UNABASHED

I've been looking for some new wheels for the past few months. After a long time of searching, and running into some dead ends everytime I found wheels I wanted (and could afford!), I think I have found some that I'm happy with...my standard Rays! :blush:

I've just fitted spacers and given her a nice clean and they suit the car so much more now and actually look great! The difference the spacers make's is unbelievable, it's like I'm seeing the Rays properly for the first time - and I love them!

I tried the 20mm on the back and they still looked slightly too tucked up so put 25mm on back and 20mm on the front and they look perfect, much more agressive stance and the lines of the side of the car seem to flow more smoothly.

What I may look at doing is going for a colour change when I get them refurbed at some point, maybe something a little more shiny (but not chrome!) or a different coloured spoke and lip combination....

Lokking good :thumbs:

Having spent £25k+ on mods for my car, probably the best mod by far was adding the wheel spacers.

And it took several people on here and over in the states, to bring it to my attention that they were needed :lol:

Should be like that from factory I recon, makes the car have much better road presence.

Lokking good :thumbs:

Having spent £25k+ on mods for my car, probably the best mod by far was adding the wheel spacers.

And it took several people on here and over in the states, to bring it to my attention that they were needed :lol:

Should be like that from factory I recon, makes the car have much better road presence.

My claim to fame on your stunning Zed… :lol::thumbs:

I've just fitted spacers and given her a nice clean and they suit the car so much more now and actually look great! The difference the spacers make's is unbelievable, it's like I'm seeing the Rays properly for the first time - and I love them!

Well said .... I agree 100% .......... and the Rays are very lightweight aswell ..... form and function with minimum expense

:band:

Well said .... I agree 100% .......... and the Rays are very lightweight aswell ..... form and function with minimum expense

I was quite shocked at just how light they were actually

I've been looking for some new wheels for the past few months. After a long time of searching, and running into some dead ends everytime I found wheels I wanted (and could afford!), I think I have found some that I'm happy with...my standard Rays! :blush:

I tried the 20mm on the back and they still looked slightly too tucked up so put 25mm on back and 20mm on the front and they look perfect, much more agressive stance and the lines of the side of the car seem to flow more smoothly.

What I may look at doing is going for a colour change when I get them refurbed at some point, maybe something a little more shiny (but not chrome!) or a different coloured spoke and lip combination....

I have the same spacer, 25 and 20's. Also looking to refurb in different colour :)

I was quite shocked at just how light they were actually

so it's a win win win :teeth:

I have the same spacer, 25 and 20's. Also looking to refurb in different colour :)

just got to decide what colour to go for now...decisions decisions!

I'd be interested to know what you go for .... I had my Rays PCeed recently in black chrome ... almost a match for GMpost-5517-135011874276_thumb.jpgpost-5517-135011874593_thumb.jpg

My rays are currently in being powdercoated with an anthracite centre with the lip in silver. Also ordered 30mm rear spacers from driftworks B)

Will post up when they're on.

what colour zed do you have?

what price did you get for two colour powdercoating?

Getting them done at myalloys in basingstoke. Usually get them done at top marques in stoke-on-trent for £200 (and they do a really good job) but don't frequent the area much anymore.

They didn't want to do two colours so its a shadow chrome with less paint on the lip to give the effect of a silver lip. but the sides of the spokes look black from different angles. very hard to explain and hopefully pics should show it up!

Price came to £300 all in. Thats drive in drive out with centercaps and balancing etc. I'm confident in their work but the Rays cost me £300, the powdercoating was £300 and the custom spacers weren't cheap so I should have really just saved for some rotas or similar!