Engine detailing

janz70

I got a can of GUNK engine degreaser, and a roll of clingfilm, covered up all electrics etc and spray all the messy areas with this stuff and then used a old sponge to wipe it all down and then pressure washed it all (light pressure).. let it dry or hand dry, and i use tyre gell on all the plastics, it comes out a treat! :thumbs:

Roll of cling film for the electrical connections and air intakes

AG Engine and Machine Cleaner

Alloy wheel brush, old toothbrushes, Envy detailing brushes

Hose with no attachment

Wrap the connectors, and rinse.

Spray cleaner generously, agitate with all sorts of brushes

Rinse

Repeat as needed

Dry

Make sure you start with a cold engine!

That's a starter before then replacing bits and bobs for shiny / coloured / carbon stuff. If you just want to dress whats there, then AG Vinyl and Rubber Care bring the plastics up a treat :)

I find that a cheap spray cleaner such as Back-to-black does a decent job of cleaning and shining lots of bits in the engine bay, so long as it hasn't got too dirty. I give it a once over regularly and it makes the job much easier.

Back to Black is a silicone spray,give it a few days and it will attract every bit of crap under the bonnet and be sticky aswell.

A good plastic dressing such as Aerospace 303 is good for plastic.

I take your point about it being sticky - I tend it wipe most of it off after cleaning but there is often a slight residue.

Where do you get Aerospace 303?

thanks guys, just got a coloured cable tidy kit / JWT pop charger / in for the GB for Summit strut bar and also after a Carbon engine cover (coops! fingers crossed) car is GM but going for an orange theme

Thanks for the product info - engine bay not too bad but could be so much better and want it looking nice when I get all my treasure put in it :teeth:

PS anybody got an orange grounding kit for sale ?

PS anybody got an orange grounding kit for sale ?

This is something ive been looking into, might just go down the orute of buying the cable and making my own. If i find anything ill let you know. If i do make one myself i can always knock another set up if you still require.

usually works out cheaper to buy a longer length of cable (roll) anyway. :thumbs:

Yeah but its the cable im having problems sourcing at the mo, have got samples of orange cable from several companies and they are all dull terracotta(?) colour. If you know anywhere let me know.

usually works out cheaper to buy a longer length of cable (roll) anyway. :thumbs:

Yeah but its the cable im having problems sourcing at the mo, have got samples of orange cable from several companies and they are all dull terracotta(?) colour. If you know anywhere let me know.

will do, working to source some cable at work at the mo and im coming up with brown :thumbdown: but then this stuffs massive :lol: