going to get my 350z

Chadwick

My understanding is imports reg goes by the date it was imported, not by the date of manufacture. Hence why there are loads of import owners that moan that they are in the higher tax bracket when they import after 06 but import an MY03-05 car. :thumbs:

Thats exactly what I thought. But maybe the plate is still issued on the year of manufacture, but the tax is determined by the import date and not the manufactured date??? :wacko:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For imports I thought you got an age related plate, so a 2005 registration in japan gets a 2005 plate in the UK, but the date of first registration on the V5 is when it had UK plates put on and that then dictates the tax bracket....

If you want a car with leathers and brembos just buy a UK car.

Not that I'm trying to sell one or anything....

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

yep, anything registered / Imported after March 06 is £400ish, anything before is £200ish a year I think

so a pint a week B)

interesting way to look at it :drunk:

Not really that much when you think about it like that!

:lol: not really

Seems like a lot on the face of it, but given the running costs of a car like this, its not a lot in reality.

Didnt realise that the plate was done on date of manufacture and tax on date of registration. Thats good to know :thumbs:

Personally i would buy that car, no brembos, no leather, + any other little things, it looks good with the kit and wings etc but id rather buy a UK 1 with as much spec as poss. mine hasnt got Nav but i paid 13k for a 05 UK car with 15,000 miles on it last march . Theres better out there. :bangin:

£200 difference, so £200/52 = £3.85 ;)

But still, that's bloody expensive!

For me it just got too expensive but mine was the full £400+ tax plus £580 insurance + £100 per week on petrol then new tyres £380 still cheaper than most cars of this type but the £100 per week petrol was just pushing things too far :surrender:

i bought this today :yahoo: got a flight down to southhampton then drove the 8 hours back , it was registered in 2005 and imported into britain 2007 , took a merchanic m8 with me he had a good look over it and recons its mint i drove it back roughly 500 miles without any problems so heres hopen , i was supprised to find the fuel ecconemy is pretty good for a 3.5 v6 :cloud9:

i bought this today :yahoo: got a flight down to southhampton then drove the 8 hours back , it was registered in 2005 and imported into britain 2007 , took a merchanic m8 with me he had a good look over it and recons its mint i drove it back roughly 500 miles without any problems so heres hopen , i was supprised to find the fuel ecconemy is pretty good for a 3.5 v6 :cloud9:

Dont touch it...I know the car and he twatted it on my speed bump. it belongs to Turkish Ty. its a right old bag of shite

:scare:

Dont touch it...I know the car and he twatted it on my speed bump. it belongs to Turkish Ty. its a right old bag of shite

:scare:

twating it on a speed bump dosent make it a bag of shite tho , i took a very good merchanic with me and he recons its mint , it has just turned 34k service history mot history and import docs and service history from japan atleast thats what i think it is :lol: also seems nice and clean im happy with it :)