Bought a Capri !!!!!!!!

lomoto

Hi Guys, just thought I'd drop by and show you a car I've just bought..a 1970 Capri 3000E just had a 2 year restoration job done on it !!

IMG_1033.jpg

click here for the full story in pics :teeth:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/l ... =slideshow

had been sat in a garage under a cover since 1976, still on the old type green log book(got to register it ) only covered 50k miles from new

What a great restoration job.

I sometimes wish I had the time, patience, cash, skills and knowledge to do something like that. What a sense of satisfaction it must bring to see the results of all that hard work.

Have fun with the car, Tim, but watch it on roundabouts!

People comment on 350's being loose on the back end but the capri with no TC was a serious car for stepping out :scare: but great fun.

solid axle and cart springs didn't help either :lol:

but 2 or 3 bags of cement in the boot made a big difference and also reduced the occurrence of axle tramp that you can get in the 3 litre ones

People comment on 350's being loose on the back end but the capri with no TC was a serious car for stepping out :scare: but great fun.

solid axle and cart springs didn't help either :lol:

but 2 or 3 bags of cement in the boot made a big difference and also reduced the occurrence of axle tramp that you can get in the 3 litre ones

and this arrangement, my friends is what was developed into the tranny van ;)