Nurburgring trip?

ZedJohn

I've got and itch I can't scratch at the mo, I really want to do a 'ring trip this year. Never been and I'm looking for guidance

Would anybody fancy a road trip? How good would a fleet of Zeds (is that the collective term? Gaggle of Zeds...?) look?

Has anyone been and could advise of costings etc?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got and itch I can't scratch at the mo, I really want to do a 'ring trip this year. Never been and I'm looking for guidance

Would anybody fancy a road trip? How good would a fleet of Zeds (is that the collective term? Gaggle of Zeds...?) look?

Has anyone been and could advise of costings etc?

A friend of mine did this last yr in his g35 350gt, i think with the skyline owners club. I'll ask him for details, could be interesting.

Went a couple of years ago with a couple of others and had a brill weekend. Sailed over Friday night from Hull, go to the Ring Sat lunchtime. Did a few laps Sat pm, some more Sun am and came back overnight Sunday.

Lovely place to visit even if you don't want to drive the 'ring - great scenery and some impressive machines always there.

Only boring bit is the drive from the ferry port to the ring and back; quickest way is not the most impressive visually, but it's only a few hours steady drive.

Can't remember costs, but the hotel wasn't stupidly expensive, ferry was reasonable and I didn't use that much petrol (about three tanks all told I think).

I'd definitely be up for another visit at some point. For general info on the ring, check out http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

There is talk of a trip down this year, I think there is one going in a few weeks via Spa. And then one laster on in the year with 350z and GT-R owners (and a couple of 370z's).

The last trip had some support from a Advanced Driving and Race company called CAT, (I think Colin the owner piloted his old vectra round there in a sub 10, with no mods a few times :) ) Think its best to go with people that have been round a few times so they can show you the ropes.

Little video here... Not really work safe... Well some of the language isnt! So turn it down if you dont want to offend!

Hi ZedJohn

I will be going back to the Ring in May, then onto Spa.

Leaving Friday 28th, then the track is open, Saturday from 13:15 to 19:30 and all day Sunday from 08:00 to 19:30.

I recommend you try and get a lap with someone who knows there way round the first time, then just take your time and enjoy stringing a few good corners together. I have completed about 25 laps so far and know it quite well, until i get to the Karussell, then I just take my time.

I have been under 10 minutes so I am happy with the Zed, its perfect for the ring, lots of grunt along the fast back straight, close to 130mph :scare: , I just don't like the idea of no insurance. I can try and give you any advice you want, directions, where to stay and eat etc.

On the way back on the Monday we are going onto Spa on a MLR (Evo) day, I love Spa more than the ring, smooth fast corners and technical sections, but everyone has to drive the ring.

Sleg

Sorry forgot to add lap prices,

Ticket type Confirmed Price per lap calculation in brackets

Single lap €22 (€22)

4-laps €75 (€18.75)

8-laps €145 (€18.13)

15-laps €250 (€16.67)

25-laps €390 (€15.60)

Sleg

I go a couple of times a year.

The new Ringwerk complex is well worth an afternoon's visit.

There is a good 4x4 area nearby where you can hire a Suzuki jeep for 49 euros per hour. Set in a disused quarry and brilliant fun.

The Ringhause hotel is about 200 metres from the northloop entrance. Bit of a 'blokey' hotel, more of a hostel really.

Have a look at Ben Lovejoys Nurburgring website for loads of info

Been talking about it with a mate, thinking of going on a camping tour but need to cost it and factor in some new rubber and balance it against some work I want done.

One bit of advice I have seen is to get a copy of forza or similar. Its not good practice for driving but will help learn the layout before you get there.

Go for it :thumbs:

Thanks for all the positive responses guys, it would be amazing to have a pride of Zeds attending.

How soon would it need to be booked?

Sleg,

Some pointers etc would be great - I've only driven Bedford before (3rd visit this weekend) so I appreciate it's a bit step up to the 'Ring, I'm very aware that ambition could outweigh ability!

well up for this, it is something I have been meaning to do for some time now and I would love to go with other Z owners!!

Got lots of holiday this year so I will be keeping an eye out for when you guys do it.

John - when you thinking of going

Mark(3FIDDYZED) - would you fancy going again?

Off on a lads trip in May this year, go every year down to Dover then through France Belgium and into Germany stopping off in a new city every night getting wasted, we normally stay at the Ringhaus (2 mins away from the ring) for 1-2 nights then head back to the UK arriving back at Hull...

Its awesome :-)

13.jpg

Just saw this :thumbs: Was going to put up a post to gauge interest myself ;)

Been going there since summer 2008 and on about +100 laps now with regular sub 8:45sec bridge to gantry time(best time 8:15) with my zed. I was going to post up my eventful trip of October 2009 but got discouraged writing up as i lost the video i had taken by car behind me! Anyway i am prepared this year and have got my bullet cam and the zed is in better shape as all the suspension and brakes upgrade has been completed and just a few more thing on the engine side and it will be perfect.

Anyway as it seems there is reasonable interest from within it might be a good idea to start a list and and vote on a date which will get the best turn out! IMHO a bank holiday week is usually the best time for a group though i usually plan midweek trips to avoid the busy weekend tourist days! My first trip will be at the end of April and i hope to make 4 trips in total this year :scare:

There are hundreds of resources relating to the ring and getting/staying there. I volunteer to gather these up and collate to a new thread with definitive list and travel info. But in the first instance i feel we should start off here first with the interest.

Some Links(feel free to add :thumbs: )

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en.html

http://nurburgring.org.uk

http://www.northloop.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.nurburgring.co.uk

http://rsrnurburg.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring

List

Name Preferred dates

1-GT4 zed-------------------------------- May bank holiday or any other group date

2-?Zed John

3-?Rob-Hughes

4-?Glenn 1981

5-?Roo

6-?Wizard

7-?Anubis

8-?swooper

9-?Sleg

10-?Thomasorenson

GT4 Zed - it would be fantastic if you could organise something if the interest is high enough. A few beers would certainly be coming your way!

1-GT4 zed-------------------------------- May bank holiday or any other group date

2-ZedJohn ------------------------------- May bank holiday's good for me. Relatively flexible with holidays.

3-?Rob-Hughes

4-?Glenn 1981

5-?Roo

6-?Wizard

7-?Anubis

8-?swooper

9-?Sleg

10-?Thomasorenson

2-ZedJohn ------------------------------- May bank holiday. Relatively flexible with holidays.

3-Sleg-------------------------------------May bank hloiday.

4-?Glenn 1981

5-?Roo

6-?Wizard

7-?Anubis

8-?swooper

9-?Rob-Hughes

10-?Thomasorenson

Just got back from a day a Bedford, really want to go to the ring now!

Sleg - loving the camera idea, saw loads of people today with various camera set-ups - certainly beats a nervous passenger holding a camcorder - unless you want a sea sick style vid on YouTube.

Bedford270210032.jpg

2-ZedJohn ------------------------------- May bank holiday. Relatively flexible with holidays.

3-Sleg----------------------------------- May bank hloiday.

4-Glenn 1981----------------------------- May bank holiday is good for me!

5-?Roo

6-?Wizard

7-?Anubis

8-?swooper

9-?Rob-Hughes

10-?Thomasorenson

If people are definately up for this, then you need to start looking at accommodation, we usually stay at the Ringhaus but I think its already booked up.

There are 16 of us already going so we have received a discount and are staying at the Dorint (Overlooking the GP, start/finish straight) not costing us a lot more.

On the way to the Ring on Saturday we always take the scenic route, via a small town Eupen, they do a great beer (for the non-driver) and you get to watch some nice exotic cars on their way to the Ring

Arty350ZatSpa.jpg

Sleg