Nurburgring trip?

ZedJohn

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good organisation Bennet! :thumbs:

I know if I did a ring trip it would have to either be a needed break in UK Folkestone before heading across to Calais France> and then do 4 1/2 hours to the ring in Germany, would cost stupid amounts in ferry crossing from Dublin to Holyhead though :bang: and petrol :snack: would probably have to go for a longer period of time then 3 days to make it worthwhile. Have fun guys and be safe!

Rob: I will send you an itinenary and trip doc if you pm your email to me in case you can peel off at the last mo :thumbs: if you make it i am sure we wll be able to accomodate you ;) Frank@ the Ringhaus is very good and helpful.

Anubis: welcome on board sir :yahoo:

Andlid: i can understand your reasoning but 3days is long enough to make it worthwhile :teeth: if you can leave on early on thurs to Uk i can accomodate you at mine in Worcester then we drive together to the meeting point early on friday morning. The drive itself to Nurburg will be leisurely throughout Friday with multiple stops to rest and site see ;) Apart from your ferry crossing from Ireland and the drive down to Worcester our cost will be similar excluding laps :p Go on man be daring life is too short :dance:

Thomas: its a pity you can't come considering you live close by :wave: i was going to bring the TUV doc for you to see because it is not very good on scan or snaps ;) Anyway if you change and join us friday eve and spend all of saturday with us, you will have enough time to make it to Denmark from Nurburg from sunday morning ;)

To the rest.....come on confirm you will be joining this :drive1

The best meeting point is on the M20 and i have picked the service area on junction 11 for obvious reasons:

- 24hrs

- Shell petrol

- large parking or rest area to get all acquainted and briefing for the trip.

From then its a short 20mins drive to Dover with reduced risk to loose people as its oneway thereafter!

Stop24 motoway services

Facelities: http://www.motorwayservices.info/area.p ... facilities

Map: http://www.motorwayservices.info/area.p ... 4&show=map

Photos: http://www.motorwayservices.info/area.p ... how=photos

Rob: I will send you an itinenary and trip doc if you pm your email to me in case you can peel off at the last mo :thumbs: if you make it i am sure we wll be able to accomodate you ;) Frank@ the Ringhaus is very good and helpful.

Anubis: welcome on board sir :yahoo:

Andlid: i can understand your reasoning but 3days is long enough to make it worthwhile :teeth: if you can leave on early on thurs to Uk i can accomodate you at mine in Worcester then we drive together to the meeting point early on friday morning. The drive itself to Nurburg will be leisurely throughout Friday with multiple stops to rest and site see ;) Apart from your ferry crossing from Ireland and the drive down to Worcester our cost will be similar excluding laps :p Go on man be daring life is too short :dance:

Thomas: its a pity you can't come considering you live close by :wave: i was going to bring the TUV doc for you to see because it is not very good on scan or snaps ;) Anyway if you change and join us friday eve and spend all of saturday with us, you will have enough time to make it to Denmark from Nurburg from sunday morning ;)

To the rest.....come on confirm you will be joining this :drive1

Tempted...

Dublin-Holyhead Thu 22 Apr Stena Nordica 16:00 19:15

€134.00

3 h 20 m to yours... few pints and sleep :drunk::dance: ... very tempted... will see what the damage from my last trip was and what damage I'll be doing in Budapest the week after the ring... whats the weather forecasts for May beginning in Deutschland? Dortmund last weekend was like full blown summer REALLY nice!

Tempted...

€134.00

3 h 20 m to yours... few pints and sleep :drunk::dance: ... very tempted... will see what the damage from my last trip was and what damage I'll be doing in Budapest the week after the ring... whats the weather forecasts for May beginning in Deutschland? Dortmund last weekend was like full blown summer REALLY nice!

:p:p tempted :surrender: you should be chomping at the bits.

Weather will be good mate. I'm never concerned about that ;)

Ok how about this for the ultimate proposal? get a cheap return flight to Birmingham. i pick you up and we head together to Nurburg B) We then fifty the costs and also you can drive my car at the ring so far as i am passenger :D

You share will cost you about £4-600 including 25 laps for you to drive! Just think of the free tuition you will get :scare: Priceless and the fact that all the wear and tear cost are going to be borne by me (tyres, brakes and service when i return to UK)!!!

By yourself you will be looking at about £900 based on 25 laps minus eventual wear and tear cost :p

Tempted...

€134.00

:p:p tempted :surrender: you should be chomping at the bits.

Weather will be good mate. I'm never concerned about that ;)

Ok how about this for the ultimate proposal? get a cheap return flight to Birmingham. i pick you up and we head together to Nurburg B) We then fifty the costs and also you can drive my car at the ring so far as i am passenger :D

You share will cost you about £4-600 including 25 laps for you to drive! Just think of the free tuition you will get :scare: Priceless and the fact that all the wear and tear cost are going to be borne by me (tyres, brakes and service when i return to UK)!!!

By yourself you will be looking at about £900 based on 25 laps minus eventual wear and tear cost :p

:scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

Your crazy mate... you've not seen me drive have you? :lol:

Here is a teaser (on bike)

I'd rather go in my own car so if I wreck it its done to my own stuff. I'm sure someone esle will take you up on the offer tho! lol (I am checking return flights to Bham now...)

:dance:

:scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

Your crazy mate... you've not seen me drive have you? :lol:

Here is a teaser (on bike)

I'd rather go in my own car so if I wreck it its done to my own stuff. I'm sure someone esle will take you up on the offer tho! lol (I am checking return flights to Bham now...)

:dance:

:lol: it reminds me of this :lol::lol: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grb079bY-Gc

Seriously it would be fine it youtook up my offer as its fun to go with someone. though i am used going alone and then hook up with my german pals.

Driving on the Ring is ok if you use your head and stay within your comfort zone.

Also if you are with someone who knows their way around and with coaching it will not an issue :p

For you it is an opportunity to familiarise yourself without fear so on subsequent trips you know what its all about and how to prepare in consequence, youself, the car etc.

By the time we get there i would have formed an impresion of you abilities anyway ;)

As for wear and tear that will happen on my own anyway so extra laps will it makes little difference over a weekend :thumbs:

Common guys last call this weekend ;)

Sofar only three confirmed and one maybe from the earlier confirmed list :surrender:

Going

-GT4 Zed

-Anubis

-Sleg (will meet us in the Ring as he is travelling earlier with other friends)

Maybe

-Rob-hughes (lives in Germany and might join us if he can peel himself from some other commitments)

-Zedjohn (Possible clash of dates but yet to confirm)

- Glenn1981(I am yet to get a final confirmation)

-Anubis (Really thinking about it!!)

Not going

-Captain (can't make it - other commitments)

-ThomaSoerenson (Can't make it- Clash of dates)

There are 2 more interested persons at present who i can't name yet. They are just sorting out themselves to see if they can make it happen. I hope they can, for the more the merrier :yahoo:

mentioned that I might be flying to bham on the bank holiday to the gf... :dots:

'please don't go and kill yourself on the ring' :blink: guess that's a no then :teeth: will save my 1k and put it into the car this time :thumbs: thanks again for all the offers!

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you guys, just been looking at the funds to see if I can make it, but with service, tax, work trip to Barcalona and Birthdays this month, I just dont think the piggy bank will stretch.

Pretty gutted as I had promised myself I would go this year, but I am sure there will be one or two more chances later in the summer!

Hope you all have a blast though and get lots of pics!!

• 3 weeks later...

This trip is dead in the water :cry: as everyone has had one issue or another!

I am now on my own now :dry: and as i have to purchase/fit a new clutch hyper single clutch, oil cooler and sump spacer not to mention full set tyres :surrender: I may as well give up on this May trip and go in June/July instead to give my wallet breathing space :teeth:

So not to worry chaps we can plan this again :thumbs:

Really not happy.

3 peaks postponed to September due to lack of commitment plus one guy's idea to do it over 3 days added insult to injury... numpty - hardly a challenge and more a walk in the park.

?

This trip is dead in the water :cry: as everyone has had one issue or another!

I am now on my own now :dry: and as i have to purchase/fit a new clutch hyper single clutch, oil cooler and sump spacer not to mention full set tyres :surrender: I may as well give up on this May trip and go in June/July instead to give my wallet breathing space :teeth:

So not to worry chaps we can plan this again :thumbs:

Ffs give us heads up before the next plan!

A

I will be there, so anyone else who is still going please come over and say hello, we will be the car that when we stop my co-pilot will be opening his door and being sick into his helmet (He always does it!!)

We are being featured in Banzai Magazine, we are also in this month, check out my sig

Cheers

Sleg

Really not happy.

3 peaks postponed to September due to lack of commitment plus one guy's idea to do it over 3 days added insult to injury... numpty - hardly a challenge and more a walk in the park.

?

I started this thread wanting to do the trip but had to pull out as the company I work for were organising the three peaks challenge (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike & Mt Snowdon in 24 hrs) and moved the date to the one we'd agreed, now at the last minute, the plans have fallen through and they've moved the challenge to Sept & they want to do it over three days - not really a challenge!

Shall we all agree a June/July date?

Apart from the first week of June I cant see why I couldnt make it (He says LOL). Dont think there is anything planned with work but WILL HAVE to be a weekend for me.

If you can keep me updated on a poss date by PM that would be great.

Cheers guys, Rob

• 2 weeks later...