TLM 350z 2010 done

MrLizard

So, quite a bit of modifications have occured,

Door removal, not as hard as first though, taking the window out was more of a pain than removing the door

TLM-Abbeygarage-1.jpg

Dirty....

TLM-Abbeygarage-2.jpg

TLM-Abbeygarage-4.jpg

Then fitted a tiny little greddy water bottle, i suspect the weight saved here will allow me to eat maybe one more pie pre event but

to coin a phrase, every little helps

TLM-Abbeygarage-10.jpg

Front Bumper and Mark from TLM

TLM-Abbeygarage-14.jpg

Rear

TLM-Abbeygarage-15.jpg

Door fitted with lexan window measured to fit as well

TLM-Abbeygarage-5.jpg

Next week after a clean and windows fitted properly

TLMCarprep-1.jpg

If only i could re-enter my calendar entry :(

TLMCarprep-2.jpg

People with a keen eye may have also noticed the addition of a rear spoiler

TLMCarprep-4.jpg

Passenger seat fitted as well, gluk ;)

TLMCarprep-5.jpg

Thanks to Mark and the Team at Abbey for all their help thus far.

**REMOVED** for the doors and continued support

Sarah, Gaz and Envy performance for putting up with my constant emails

Total Nissan Magazine

Rosie and Mark

Motordyne

Uprev

Zenzero

Shame the decals hadnt quite arrived and there will be more interesting news shortly.

thanks andlid, some tuning and a new exhaust is to go on as well, the idea is to try and make as much torq as possible without fettling with the engine and without tipping over 300bhp (class limit), fortunately the guys at abbey know what there doing

Some hardship to do that I'd say! NEVER heard of anyone that wants to keep HP down :lol: suposse you got a reason mind! What other type of cars would be in your class? Hopefully you can get the best torq/weight ratio and fly around the track B)

Thanks, the reason for the 300bhp limit is the next class up is 500bhp ;)

Other cars in my class, Scoob STI type RA, Pulsar GTiR, Mk2 MR2, Scoob STI Bugeye, R34 GTR potentially, another 350z, Civic bread van shape with what the guy told me was a touring car engine in it :(

So, quite heavy considering the rest of the class but still performs well, wont reach 300/300 without some engine work, but hoping for a lot better low to mid range punch and it does have a 4.08 final drive in it,

aye but they like going in straight lines and have the same aero dynamics as my mum, still quite like them but on the bendy tracks im hoping to do better, we shall see :)

Get an obard cam will you? I'm dying to see you race that Z of yours!

I head those GoPro HD Hero's are very good, and have a nice wideangle lense and rollbar mount ;)

aye but they like going in straight lines and have the same aero dynamics as my mum, still quite like them but on the bendy tracks im hoping to do better, we shall see :)

Get an obard cam will you? I'm dying to see you race that Z of yours!

I head those GoPro HD Hero's are very good, and have a nice wideangle lense and rollbar mount ;)

I Use these guys:

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/

They sell that one too, not sure I like that you can't mount the housing (recorder) somewhere else and the camera / lense seperate. Nice quality though!!! B)

They sell that one too, not sure I like that you can't mount the housing (recorder) somewhere else and the camera / lense seperate. Nice quality though!!! B)

Yup, I got my usb dogcam from them too :thumbs: The benefit of the GoPro is its very compact in real life and gives exception quality for the cost. If you look at their proper HD cams and recorders you are looking at over £1k, whereas this is like £300 ;)

Yup, I got my usb dogcam from them too :thumbs: The benefit of the GoPro is its very compact in real life and gives exception quality for the cost. If you look at their proper HD cams and recorders you are looking at over £1k, whereas this is like £300 ;)

Yeah I can see that! Really good if you just punch it onto the roof of the car and click REC and off you go :thumbs::yahoo: find my one not capable of recording any higher then 640*480... :yuck:

I used to own one, but ultimately it depends on how much money's been thrown at it. With a few grand thrown at suspension and having it properly set up, they can actually corner quite nicely. Doesn't matter how much money you throw at it though, its never going to corner like an Evo, but they can be deceiving! Also if its stripped well, it could be down to 1000kg or less. I agree with the aerodnyamics though, it has none. But this is a race id love to see. Please keep us updated as i will be rooting for you and the pulsar :yahoo:

haha, would take me quite a while ian, I will do one at some point though..

Chris, re race logic, some of what they do can potentially be done within the standard eCU, currently run with no TCS/ESP at all, Dash im looking at is AIM MXL, be nice to get a video that would hook up to that but we shall see, funds are tight at the moment :(