Just a few things...

Waynerrr

Picked up my 350Z Roadster GT today, very pleased as you can imagine - although not impressed with the weather!

Back home now admiring her outside, thought I'd ask about a few things.

1. Only got 1 key with the car. How do I go about getting a blank key and reprogramming it? Cost? Ideally not through a Nissan stealership...

2. I don't seem to have an owner's manual either. Any idea where I can get one of them? It's an 05 model.

3. I asked the dealer owner if there were any advisories on the MOT when we were out for a test drive (as the car had just been through), the guy said 'no'. However, now looking at the MOT certificate there's a box that says 'Advisory Notice Issued: Yes'. Should I be concerned? Don't know if it's worth spending the money to put it through another test.

If this car is from a Nissan Dealer, then get back there and demand a second key, an owners manual, and the full MOT information.

It isn't. It was from Cars To Go of Charminster. I know the name suggests a cut n shut garage!

In that case get them to find you a manual from a Nissan dealer for you. Re keys you can get that done by car locksmiths probably £100 - timpsons do it.

Does the Roadster have the cubby behind the passenger seat?

I had my Coupe a couple of days before I realised it had a false floor and my handbook was it in!

Yes the ragtop is the same as the tintop

Well just saying in case the op hadn't checked as I couldn't work out where it was kept, almost rang the dealer but luckily found the false floor before I looked too stupid.

Bout £120 for key and program through dealer iirc.

Garage should have checked MOT and been able to confirm what advisors were sounds like usual naff sale assistant. All MOT's are computerised now, you should be able to pull the details of the advisor off the dvla. You will need mot cert and v5.

Does the Roadster have the cubby behind the passenger seat?

I had my Coupe a couple of days before I realised it had a false floor and my handbook was it in!

Hmmm, I'll have a look for that shortly, thanks. Who knows what I might find!

Even though you did not buy the car from a Main Dealer, would still try and get the second key from them. Maybe they know who the previuos owner was who may still have it and the handbook. Worth asking :thumbs:

That's a good idea actually, it does only have one previous owner. Seems odd that the garage I bought it from wouldn't ask for it unless it was lost. Worth checking though.

Bout £120 for key and program through dealer iirc.

Garage should have checked MOT and been able to confirm what advisors were sounds like usual naff sale assistant. All MOT's are computerised now, you should be able to pull the details of the advisor off the dvla. You will need mot cert and v5.

Pricey. Might get onto trading standards about that! There certainly isn't £120 worth of work materials or experience goes into reprogramming a key! :rant:

Thanks for the MOT info, I'll give them a call later.

I was skipping through the trip computer when I came across the RPM figure, which I can change. What's that all about then?

Its when the shift light comes on, the little light in the middle of the rev counter. Reminds you to change gear soon when you are "pushing on" ;) And it is not the "rev limiter" as some people think, which is hard set by the ECU.

Oh, I've got another question since I don't have the owner's manual!

I was skipping through the trip computer when I came across the RPM figure, which I can change. What's that all about then?

You can programme when the rev light comes on the rev counter to tell you to change gear. :thumbs:

Its when the shift light comes on, the little light in the middle of the rev counter. Reminds you to change gear soon when you are "pushing on" ;) And it is not the "rev limiter" as some people think, which is hard set by the ECU.

You can programme when the rev light comes on the rev counter to tell you to change gear. :thumbs:

And what's the general consensus on this then? It was set on 6500 when I found it.

And what's the general consensus on this then? It was set on 6500 when I found it.

Thats about right you don't want it too low otherwise it will just be flashing loads!! You don't have to go up to the mark all the time though so just set it high!!! :thumbs: