Pedantic Pull!!!

Liam's Z

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of the fuzz lol i might be hated on here :scare: >>

But we do not have to have any reason at all to stop a car ? ? ?

We can stop any car to see if they have there driving license insurance and MOT with them !!

It is an actual offence to not have them with you whilst driving !!!

But in the uk we do not prosecute for it We can but its our choice...

Thats why we have HORT/1 forms (producers) to be fair to drivers

As for your plate i wouldnt care to be honest but if your car was stolen and we couldnt pick it up on ANPR or BOFF cameras your car is actually invisible to us and not worth reporting it if its stolen soooooo !!!

That makes you think abit ? ?

Hi Guy's & Girls,

How we all doing? Hope today is slightly more loving than mine yesterday!!! As the title says, I was "pulled" by the police for my number plate. Everything is fine apart from the spacing...

ANPR cameras would have no problem reading it whatsoever. So then the blue lights come on and I pull over. Officer approaches my car and asks me to step out, which i don't. I suppose a bit arsey I ask why? I'll explain when you sit in the back of my vehicle, at which point he's taking a picture of the back end of my car.

Right I've pulled you for your registration not conforming. It doesn't have an EU mark, address were it was made and the spacing is incorrect. Conversation then goes name address blah de blah. Me being a smart arse "what do you think", spelt out right in front of him lol. Would you like to continue this conversation at the police station, opps nah your ok...

He then let me go saying they'll be in touch, I'll need to pay a fine or go to court was his words! No producer, no stop form, nothing. My question is has the correct procedure been followed? Will if anything come of this, and if so should I make a stand?

Any advice welcome

Rgds

Liam

well it definitely does not need to have an EU symbol but the spacing and font does need to conform 100%. Just pot luck whether you will get pulled - most cops won't bother but it is illegal.

Show plates can not even be legally manufactured within the uk iirc. So no excuse for having them imo, not like folks don't know they are not legal. Dont do the crime if you can't do the ...... um .... 3 points and fixed penalty! ;)

Get em changed, sometimes they let you off first time with a "warning" next time it may be a bit of paper!

Hey Liam - thought you'd gone to that home for unwanted Liams with Sarnie! :lol:

I got a photo taken of my plates as well when they did me for the same thing - I phoned up about it and they said they destroy them after six months. If they didn't give you the paperwork I assume you got off with it? I got a vehicle defect notice at the time.

To stop me for my number plate in my mind is plain jealousy. I just hope all the dogooders out ther never get stopped for something as pathetic!

I`m still struggling to see why you are getting on your high horse about this. :wacko:

Your number plate is illegal, you were stopped. Simple. You may think its pathetic, but at the end of the day you know the rules, just like the rest of us. :blink:

Hi player no I don't hate you lol. The plate is recognisable under ANPR so i'm not falling for that excuse (although they didn't use it haha.)

Yeah nixy Sanie is in the naughty Liam's club, sure he'll be back soon!!!

A black and silver plate is visable on an ANPR, still dosnt mean its legal on a post 1973 car :)

What is the law and what isnt is a long conversation and totally controversial... the law constantly changes and is made by humans...on top of that these humans are most of the times pawns put there with the help of somebody else with a lot of money, who wants to make even more....

i wont go any further into it in case i get deported....lool...but i honestly think that any educated, open minded person who has traveled outside his home town can easily get my point...

However the law is unfortunately the law and a bad attitude a bad attitude!

I understand your frustration and i hope it wont go any further (he would have given you a fine on the spot if that was the case)... :teeth:

I have been pulled loads....last time for 2 amber lights, 40 on a 30 and undertaking a car as little miss piggy said...and all that with in half a mile!!!!!!

They saw me taking a sharp 90 degree corner at 30mph and followed me....

She said i was speeding at that time which i wasnt (i was doing 30) and i didnt undertake a car as i was just driving on the inside lane of the dual carriageway and never really got in front of that car...but i was polite and admitted to everything nevertheless....and i didnt have my driving license with me which is an EU one so no DVLA record of me being a driver !!!

She gave me the worst bollocking you can imagine....the guy who was with her was almost laughing....and then she let me go...and although i wanted to do and say all sorts of things (i am a chauvinistic pig as well) up until now i am grateful i can still drive and i have still got a car as she had every right to do anything!!!! i did brake the law....but i was polite at all times and very helpful and admitted to everything regardless of my opinion....

all in all i think some parts of the highway code are ridiculous, drivers are treated as money cows and some of the police officers can be a bit cocky... but i really think that the majority of the uk police are really nice and professional... and if anybody thinks they are not then try the dodgy greek coppers..... ;):lol:

Nice to come back and be welcomed by so many tools!!!

What, people who actually obey the law, don't give back chat to BiB when they're in the wrong and don't happen to share your viewpoint? Yeah, I can totally see your point there.

So you never speed, never go above 70mph.... My arse!!! My plate hurts nobody, you speed and you have the potential too.... You break the law so don't preace to me!!!

So you never speed, never go above 70mph.... My arse!!! My plate hurts nobody, you speed and you have the potential too.... You break the law so don't preace to me!!!

Considering you have absolutely no idea about me, that's quite a judgement to make. Funnily enough though I don't ever speed in this country and haven't done for the last 5 years, and that includes motorways and country roads. I will accelerate up to the limit ASAP, but I never speed as there is simply no need or point to: That's what trackdays are for. Of course I have the potential to break the law, but seeing as every other human being on the planet does too I'm struggling to see your point on that one.

Your plate doesn't hurt anyone, but it is illegal and throwing a stroppy huff won't change that.

Nice to come back and be welcomed by so many tools!!!

What, people who actually obey the law, don't give back chat to BiB when they're in the wrong and don't happen to share your viewpoint? Yeah, I can totally see your point there.

That may answer your question dude.... :lol:

http://viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20188&p=484472#p484472

Ok folks,

This type of thread is always interesting as peoples viewpoints are so different however they always have potential to escalate into an argument.

We are all grown ups so lets not act like anything other than mature adults. :thumbs:

I love discussions about stops by police, interesting to see people opinions and experiences. Also interesting to see why people think they have been stopped. I can see why people are pulled coming out of pub car parks, and when driving a car obviously not registered to them (wonder what made him check the registered keeper to begin with Liam) but can't see the obvious merits for pulling someone for number plate spacing, but them I'm not a traffic cop so don't know how much of a problem it is. Sometimes it's just a means to an end, a reason to pull someone who looks like a scrote - no offence Liam, I've never seen you ;)

Number plate spacing may be a petty law, but so it dropping litter and cigarette butts in some people's view, but if you get caught you get caught. It's not the police's fault, surely the blame lies with either the law makers, or the person breaking the law. Just my opinion :thumbs: