370z Nismo OWNED by a Boxter - WTF!

get12

Different drivers takes any realistic comparison right out of that comparison, especially as they're racing. That said, I'd still expect the Zed to finish last out of that lot (or maybe close to the Z4) anyway as the Porkers are by a fair way the better cars. Then again, you'd hope so too being more expensive.

Different drivers takes any realistic comparison right out of that comparison, especially as they're racing. That said, I'd still expect the Zed to finish last out of that lot (or maybe close to the Z4) anyway as the Porkers are by a fair way the better cars. Then again, you'd hope so too being more expensive.

+1 - I would expect the Boxster to win, it may seem a lesser car due to power or whatever, but if you've driven on in anger, it most cetainly will go quicker than a Zed around a track. Which one is more fun is up to the driver, and whether it is worth the extra cash, well thats debateable, by the fact you are on here, it would suggest its not worth it. These races always crack me up as the drivers are so varying in talent it takes away any advantage or disadvantage a car has unless the cars are massively different in performance and then what is the point in comparing them! The Zed wasnt far behind at all, so swap drivers and the Zed may win ;) Put it this way, how much extra money did it take for Porsche to make it 1-2 seconds quicker in that race

Top Gear lap times, 370z is faster than the Boxster S and the Z4: (same driver)

1:27.5 - Nissan 370Z GT

1:27.5 - TVR T350C

1:27.9 - Wiesmann MF 3 [22]

1:28.0 - Roush Mustang

1:28.1 - Renault Mégane R26.R.

1:28.2 - BMW Z4 sDrive35i(E89)

1:28.2 - BMW X5 M(E70) (Wet)

1.28.2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-300

1:28.2 - Marcos TSO GT2 [23]

1:28.2 - Lotus Elise Sport 190 [13]

1.28.2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI

1:28.5 - Dodge Viper SRT-10 (very wet)

1:28.6 - MG XPower SV

1:28.7 - Porsche Boxster S

Top Gear lap times, 370z is faster than the Boxster S and the Z4: (same driver)

Exactly, different days, different conditions, different cars win. Although I wouldnt be so sure the TG lap times all use the same driver - rumours are they have multiple Stigs

Now you are having a laugh - behind a z4?! :lol: We are talking the nismo 370 here - higher performance on hp and torque (however minimal) compared to standard, Nismo suspension/struts/dampers and Nismo lightweight wheels plus rear aero pack :wacko:

Read the rest of the comments in the original forum posts and you will see that you have just reinforced their opinion and mine - but for that moment in time, location, opponents (drivers/cars) and weather the 370z was OWNED!

As for the boxter S - awesome with PDK and superior torque.

The 3L turboed lump in the Z4 has masses of torque, so I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss it if I were you. Given that Nismo of late (with regard to the road cars at least) have become a sanitised version of what they used to be, a few extra ponies and some above average suspension bits really won't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things, although they will make for a better connection between driver and car.

Having just seen that video again, check out the arms of the driver in the Cayman: They're all over the place towards the end of the video. I'm not saying that he can't drive for peanuts as he may well simply have gotten bored by that point, but that's not what I'd expect of a top (or even average) driver. The more I look at that video, the more I'm convinced that it was staged for shock value so that people would watch it.

What I found was interesting about that race was not the results. But watching the cars.

I know exit speeds and such count. But the 370z *appeared* to have literally nothing on the basic boxster in terms of acceleration. Lighter or not, the 370z should of had a 100bhp advantage. If you factor in weight, the net difference should still be around 60bhp. Which is more than 20% and should easily be noticeable, even if not being driven as well.

:shrug:

Haven driven both cars the boxster is a 986 3.2 :thumbs: . The boxster is a better car in someways. Firstly its faster than a stock 350z, its lighter too and you can really feel that. Traction control isnt needed mid engined cars i used to think where twitchy because of gran turismo but its beatiful. You have oodles of grip yet you can chuck it about. it feels like my 172 with more power and no understeer. You can really push them whilst feeling safe. Im too scared to do that in my 350 but thats why im getting driver training soon :yahoo:

Haven driven both cars the boxster is a 986 3.2 :thumbs: . The boxster is a better car in someways. Firstly its faster than a stock 350z, its lighter too and you can really feel that. Traction control isnt needed mid engined cars i used to think where twitchy because of gran turismo but its beatiful. You have oodles of grip yet you can chuck it about. it feels like my 172 with more power and no understeer. You can really push them whilst feeling safe. Im too scared to do that in my 350 but thats why im getting driver training soon :yahoo:

Have to agree. The Zed is way more fun when you get some confidence! So kudos to you doing driver training. It really is horses for courses, the Boxster is a scalpel to the Zeds meat cleaver. Both are fun, in different ways, and what you consider to be better is very subjective, I find the Cayman a bit to clinical for me, its damn good at what it does, but the Zed is more of a brute, you have to work it more, and to me, that feeling is more rewarding. :drive1

Agreed, and that's why I prefer them. I took my girlfriend's MR2 mk3 out for a blast the other weekend and on country lanes where power really doesn't matter, I reckon I was quicker over 90% of them in that than I would be in the Zed. The perfection of the balance is just so wonderful, they really are an absolute joy to drive. :cloud9:

theres usually a best motoring vid that comes outy when then these new models come out, anyone jknow if theres one for the 370z cos im pretty sure it would have a boxster comparison

Check youtube, I think there are a couple with 370z's maybe a standard and a Nismo one :thumbs: