Boot space

Waynerrr

Hi there. As I mentioned in my introduction post I don't have a 350Z yet (although it is very likely I'll end up getting one), but I would like to know something.

I had a look at 08 coupe on Saturday and the boot seemed very small - smaller than the Lotus Elise I've just sold (and that's mid engined!). However, it's actually the Roadster I want and a picture I've found online suggests it has a bigger boot than the Coupe, http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/gallery/? ... JPG&page=5

So, does the Roadster have a bigger boot than the Coupe, or is there a difference in models/years?

Hello mate, hopefully I can help as I have a Roadster and I used to have a VX220 which I'd assume had a similar sized boot to your Elise. Boot is definitely bigger than my old VX and access is also infinitely better. Apparently you can fit a set of golf clubs in it (there's a diagram stuck to the boot to show you how!!). There's no ridgidity bar (sorry, can't think of the proper name for it) in the way like in the 350Z Coupe and to give you an idea you'll easily fit 2 small suitcases in plus some squashy bags. As a bonus there is a secret boot which I've taken advantage of a few times and it's where the roof lives when folded back. Basically when you open the roof, stop it after the cover has lifted up and you'll find another quite significant load area but you'll have to leave the roof up whilst it's in use.

If you're anywhere near South London and want to have a look around mine you're more than welcome and it's also for sale if you're interested as I sadly need some back seats now;

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1483774.htm

As Mike says the strut is the main issue with the coupe. I can get more in my roadster than any coupe. The boot is small but the roof storage space is very handy for long trips. :)

You've not seen what my girlfriend takes on holiday with her!

When I looked at the boot in the Coupe I noticed the spare wheel, tools and polystyrene padding were all under the floor. I figured I could remove all that and almost double the capacity. As I said though, the picture I posted a link to above looks different to the car I looked at.

ungarsee - Thanks, that's good to know. Sadly your car is about £3k out of my price range :( Looks luuurvly

Coupe all the way dude.....

As Mike said the boot isnt to bad...I've had my mountain bike and all my riding gear in mine....dont let the rear brace put you off....were theres a will theres a way :thumbs:

the roadster looks a little smaller than the coupe imo....you get a front section aswell on the coupe.

IMAG0009.jpg

Alex

Its amazing what you can fit into that boot!

Ive done 2 trips to Le Mans in my Zed, with all the camping gear included.

Did a week down in the South West (via Japanese Tuning Show) with my fiance and all her gear and shoes!

Its like a tardis. Not to mention the Glove Box is bloody huge!

i managed to fit 4 19inch wheels with tyres in the zed :thumbs: loads of room :)

Have you invented some sort of remote driving module thingy that allows you to steer the Zed from a following vehicle? I know you're a clever lad but ........... ;)

i managed to fit 4 19inch wheels with tyres in the zed :thumbs: loads of room :)

Have you invented some sort of remote driving module thingy that allows you to steer the Zed from a following vehicle? I know you're a clever lad but ........... ;)

haha, no, it is possible.

take out the spare tyre and boot mats.

slot one of the 275's under the strut brace and in the well

put the other 275 over the strut brace and slide it back in place

shut boot

open passenger door and wind seat all the way back

put the two 245's side by side on the seat tilted toward the door

use bungees to secure for safety

shut door carefully

bobs your tranny auntie its easily possible :thumbs: same with the stock wheels

:bounce: