Can your performance be hampered?

ripthejacker

Hey guys,

today I went on the backroads up 10mins from where i live and put the foot down a little bit, I used to own another 350z about 2-3 years ago and this one seems slightly slower.

The guy who owned it before me looked after it very well FNSH, low miles etc, what im wondering is if it has been reservly driven its whole or most of its life can after its performace, do you need to give it a little blast now and again?

Or it is just me?

Cheers guys!

Emm not sure on the 350 mate, but there are a few cars out there now that have learning ecu's. For the first x amount of miles the ecu measures the type of driving style I.e fast or economical....if you potter around you gain more mpg but slower acc and top end, if you have a heavy foot you gain the full bhp & ft/lb torque but lower mpg if you follow me..

Maybe you just remeber it been faster...lol..

Is it a UK model? they have a more advanced version ECU which uses wideband lambda feedback so a lot of functions and in particular AFR are monitored on a real time basis, so it may be possible.

I keep meaning to start a thread asking about UK V import fuel consumption, so thats my next post ;)

if you want to put it back to factory stock just do an ECU reset, it will then learn from then.

think it might be a case of the memory being out.

only thing i can think of is that if the car onlyt ever did short journeys the engine could coke up.

a good service and some nice longs blats help, and also possibly some injector cleaner or a fuel additive.

whats the milage on it, if its over 50k and it hasn't had replacement spark plugs that might help as well

You may have thrown a CEL, a ECU reset may not clear it.

Had a fault on mine, no engine lights but when it was in at Abbey, Mark noticed it when it was all plugged up and normal service was resumed!

Also you may want to check your vacuum lines in the engine bay, esp the one under the intake tube, if they come loose performance is hampered and no lights come up!

Its a UK spec GT model, on a 53 so its the 287BHP model. Thanks for the replys guys, will try resetting the ECU to begin with and see how it goes!

How many miles does it have on the clock? Has it got the airfilter changed, exhaust system?

Noticed when I changed my exhaust system it was rotten in most places so that could stop airflow pretty nicely. Also open and have a look at the airfilter (if drop in).

If it still doesn't feel right I'd reset the ECU.

A.