£121 p/l WTF

givememorepower

Bear in mind the weight of the LPG tank on top of the already overweight zed. I would look up the costs aswell to see if its worth it. I wouldn't do it personally.

The new style LPG tanks sit in the spare wheel well ;)

I wouldnt have thought that the PLG tank full wouldnt be as heavy as a full fuel tank?

There is no luggage space as is, so I'd get to cope with that I imagine, and as mentioned yes a lot of new systems use a vessel that locates in the spare wheel well so that would be better than a cylinder in the boot or on the parcel shelf. What I'm after is hopefully someone who's done this and can give me some answers as to whether the power loss/acceleration is just turd in comparison to petrol.

I like the car for what it is, but running costs are getting too expensive foe me, and I feel bullied into buying a diesel for a temporary measure.

****ing taxes suck. Oil is still low, but fuel is increasing higher and higher to re-fund the economy I feel.

There is no luggage space as is, so I'd get to cope with that I imagine, and as mentioned yes a lot of new systems use a vessel that locates in the spare wheel well so that would be better than a cylinder in the boot or on the parcel shelf. What I'm after is hopefully someone who's done this and can give me some answers as to whether the power loss/acceleration is just turd in comparison to petrol.

I like the car for what it is, but running costs are getting too expensive for me, and I feel bullied into buying a diesel for a temporary measure.

****ing taxes suck. Oil is still low, but fuel is increasing higher and higher to re-fund the economy I feel.

not cost effective unless you drive big miles every year.

I gather it's approx £3k for an installation from an accredited installer with a grant from the government. I could install myself, but not sure on 'kit prices' if available.

If only I could afford to export, I'd be paying around 48p p/l in Oz!

There was a thread about an LPG converted zed on here not long ago, and that it had wrecked the engine after a few years.

Wrecked it how?

Any ideas when the thread was posted?

Cheers.

Absolutely no idea unfortunately on both parts. ...and you cant search for 'LPG' on here as its only 3 letters :doh:

i know diesel engines on cars are generally about 2-3k more than a petrol version, and i know a while back the maths for making a diesel cost effective was driving a miniumum of 25,000 miles a year for 3 years before you broke even on what you spent, after that you were saving money.

didn't the lpg Zed blow up due to it running hotter in the engine or something. :shrug:

No worries, just inquiring.

If you ask no questions you get no answers.

I'm definitely one for additional power etc, and haven't found a car yet that satisfies me and and scares the @*!# out of me, ( I am working class so my budget is limited), but enjoy saving money, and thought it may be cocky to run a twin turbo on 50p p/m for example.

:bounce:

i'll let it slide just this once, ;)

i get the idea of the LPG conversion, and its not a bad idea, but the out lay and cost has got to be offset, if it takes you 3 years to pay it off before your into money saving, but you only keep the car for that time and then maybe 6-12 months after that, the only real person who benefits is the next owner.

if your looking at keeping the car for 5-10 years, then it might be worth a look, but i'd want to know my engine is safe with it hooked up. as said before there has been one with engine failure, which doesn't fill me with confidence

i get the idea of the LPG conversion, and its not a bad idea, but the out lay and cost has got to be offset, if it takes you 3 years to pay it off before your into money saving, but you only keep the car for that time and then maybe 6-12 months after that, the only real person who benefits is the next owner.

if your looking at keeping the car for 5-10 years, then it might be worth a look, but i'd want to know my engine is safe with it hooked up. as said before there has been one with engine failure, which doesn't fill me with confidence

You then have the problem of selling your Zed, how many want one with LPG?

After filling up £86 at my local robbing station , I mean Shell Garage, I wondered has anyone taken to LPG on a 350Z?

I gather you don't lose too much power, and of course you'd be running a two-seater coupe on gas, but for long boring journeys I thought this would be ideal, as the motorway is a boring and arduous place, and obviously not a race track.

Would this be sacrilege, or a smart move?

Any one with previous experience, thanks in advance for your replies. :drive1

Shell is notoriously expensive. Tesco 99 down my road are around 114p/l, still very expensive and nothing in the news about this second very big price hike - the first was very publicised and it then went back down to under 100p/l but no news on how it has somehow crept back up to where it was before! Anyway one thing to bear in mind it is an 80 litre tank, very large and will do around 420-430 miles per tank if driven normally which is pretty good for a sub 6 sec car. I average 32 mpg. Personally I would not go ahead with an LPG conversion. Will make it very unsaleable in my opinion. As said above the 350z is not purchased to be economical - an LPG 350z does not make sense, a bit like the 4x4 Beemers which cannot go off road!

There was a thread about an LPG converted zed on here not long ago, and that it had wrecked the engine after a few years.

+1, I thought now that there is long terms concerns that are coming out of the cobwebs. Somebody on here needed a new engine