What kit is this?

KurtB

Hi,

Looked at this car today, but it cost a bit more than I wanted to spend on one. What is the kit called, and does anyone know roughly how much it is? If I cant find a cheaper black car with this kit already on is it simple to get this one fitted? Im guessing its some sort of Nismo/Nissan fitted one, but not 100% as I'm still new to the world of the 350 :blush: I like it as it looks smart, but still discreet!

and by the looks an original

How can you tell?

i've seen several differnet copies from different manufacturers and the gaps are different to an original. in particular, alot of the copies i've seen, including mine have a gap at the bottom of the drivers light. also the gaps and spacing generally around the bumper.

none are major gaps, but its just enough to spot between the 2. if it is a copy then its an extremely good fit.

not always easy to tell by photos, so i could be wrong :shrug:

Cheers. The car had 17000 on the clock and matches exactly fit wise and paint work wise, aparantly fitted by a dealer, just wanted to check. As they seem uncommon in this colour with this kit just weighing up getting a slightly older/higher mileage car and fitting the kit. In all honesty though I would rather have one like this where it has been professionally fitted, by the looks of it though doesnt look like that is a common thing :dry:

It is a 56 plate for £16500. They dont want to budge on price. I understand this seems a good price for the condition / age etc, but I was looking to spend 12-14k, accepting higher mileage and older year etc

Cheers. The car had 17000 on the clock and matches exactly fit wise and paint work wise, aparantly fitted by a dealer, just wanted to check. As they seem uncommon in this colour with this kit just weighing up getting a slightly older/higher mileage car and fitting the kit. In all honesty though I would rather have one like this where it has been professionally fitted, by the looks of it though doesnt look like that is a common thing :dry:

It is a 56 plate for £16500. They dont want to budge on price. I understand this seems a good price for the condition / age etc, but I was looking to spend 12-14k, accepting higher mileage and older year etc

Genuine kit will cost you about £2k to buy the stuff and get it sprayed and fitted etc. Defo buy one with the kit already fitted if you can..........

if its original nismo the full kit can be got for about £1100 but thats a one off special price, i think its normally twice that. and thats before any paint has touched it.

fitting on originals aren't a problem and go on like a glove, its the advantage of originals.

copies can be got for as little as £400 up to £1000

but fitment can be an issue and you'll probably spend extra getting it fitted right. some of the better copies are around £600-£800