New exhaust, is it worth it ??? THANKS

Pimm

After this thread below I have fell in love with the HKS copy with the bumper tuck mod needed. Is this exhaust any good even though it is a copy ??

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=30607

There are alot of these on the US ebay and a couple of UK distributors so the question do I or don't I

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

2581058872_6aa4034c3f_bexhaust.jpg

Hi Pimm,

Just installed a replica onto my car about an hour ago. Looks great to be honest and wasn't hard to fit once i finally got my old one off.

Sounds great in neutral but thats as far as I got as my Zed is off the road atm.

One bit of advice though if you do go for one is to do the bumper tuck after you have installed the exhaust as for some reason I couldnt make it fit until I un-tucked my bumper.

I think getting a perfect, symmetrical and smooth tuck will be very difficult and I wouldn't chance this. I've seen some pics where guys have overtightened some of their fixing bolts/rivvets, and the underline of the bumper looks like the Red Sea. Tacky :yuck:

As for the exhaust, I've seen the copies of these on ebay myself, but not what I'd go for if I had spare cash.

For me it'd have to be the Blue Flame.

Good luck if you try this though :thumbs:

Heath, Like I said the other night go for it ;)

Bumper tuck is easy, You have seen the one that I did & its not a permanent mod :)

DSC_1845.jpg

There is no need to rivet or bolt it in, mine is held in place using the exisisting tabs & has been in position for nearly 2 years :)

i like them and for the price, you can't go far wrong.

worst case scenario they've used cheap stainless and after 5 years it needs replacing again.

most of these kinds of items are manufactured out in china. emphasis tends to be on quantity and not quality, but saying that i had a TRD copy manifold on my mr2, made in japan, sold by am american on the forum, and it was fine. never had any problems and did the job well.

your choice really.

Thankyou for all your response's this is the exhaust I have wanted for a long time as I think they look great and a little different.

Just have to work out to get one from the US and how much or get one over here and pay a little more for it :wacko: . Any help guys on finding the best place to get one ??

:thumbs::thumbs:

Forgot to mention, these do not fit UK cars without modification due to the cooling fins on the UK differentials.

Fits a JDM fine though :teeth:

Mine is a UK model, do they do another one that fits a UK car ?

Forgot to mention, these do not fit UK cars without modification due to the cooling fins on the UK differentials.

All the ones on ebay wont fit uk cars....speak to taddy as he modded one too fit....i brought one and couldn't be arsed with going through with it

All the ones on ebay wont fit uk cars....speak to taddy as he modded one too fit....i brought one and couldn't be arsed with going through with it

That is a pain in the 8rse. I wonder if it needs much adjustment or can you get one that fits on/for a UK car.?

The problem is the diff.....you will need to get an exhaust shop to bend/weld/fabricate something up.....then the problem you will have is getting the tips lined up :headhurt:

Its just the cover thats the problem, nothing a bit of cutting won't solve ;)

The problem is the diff.....you will need to get an exhaust shop to bend/weld/fabricate something up.....then the problem you will have is getting the tips lined up :headhurt:

Its just the cover thats the problem, nothing a bit of cutting won't solve ;)

I may just order it and then worry about it later when it's being fitted.

Ian, when you say its thecover that the problems is that on the exhaust or the diff mate ?