tyre pressures.

Neilp

Depends on what tyres you're running. As a rule 35psi all round is a good place to start, but tyres with softer sidewalls (eg T1-Rs) will need a couple of psi extra, whereas harder ones will want a bit less. I run the PS2s at 33F/35R.

nah theyre 235/35/19 on front i think possibley 245's, ive never had any issues with zed with tires mixed, i drive quite hard and never had any problems with traction control or esp.

whats your reasons for this?

mixed traction front and rear is never good, you have 2 different levels of grip.

people always say " i hav e mixed tyres they never give me any grief"

then you get the posters "i just trashed my car into a ditch" you ask them " do you have same tyres all round" and the usual answer is "no"

its not a gaurentee ditch finding exercise, but you won't help yourself.

it will be fine right up until the point you spin out, and by then its too late.

the front tyres will be gettin changed around the summer time, the cars off the road just now for the winter and only usually comes out when the roads are dry.

its not a gaurenteed rule of thumb that mixed tyres will lead to a crash, but it won't help. if you have to drive like that, then just take it a little steadier in wet conditions.

dry won't be so bad.

I've currently got one odd tyre on the rear ... it was like that when I purchased the car ...

I've definitely noticed the loss of traction on that corner in the wet ...

The good news is that I'm planning on getting new tyres all round in the next month or so ...

:thumbs:

Anyways back to subject lol. Any idea of the correct pressures?
Depends on what tyres you're running. As a rule 35psi all round is a good place to start, but tyres with softer sidewalls (eg T1-Rs) will need a couple of psi extra, whereas harder ones will want a bit less. I run the PS2s at 33F/35R.

Sorry it's 35mm profile all round. Getting my two cars mixed up. See the two levels of grip ppl are talking about. That happens when your back Tyres wear quicker than your front. The back will have less grip when the tread wears. So it's not really justified saying two levels of grip is bad. Some 350z's come with 18's on front and 19's on rear???

I run my rears (Falken 452 on the Nismo 19 inch wheels) at about 32-33 psi, as at 35 psi I notice a lot more wear in the centre tread. Shire will back me up on that - he had the same problem I think.

I had the LMGT4's with Falken 452's, obtained from Big Phil and I remember him saying just stick with the 35psi.

Yes, running slightly lower pressures might save a bit of tyre life but if you like to exploit the cars full potential I would say stick with the 35psi (only check when cold) as I did notice than running at slightly lower pressures* did not help the cornering with the relatively soft Falken side walls.

* I have found that the pressures do drop when the car is not used regularly, hence why I discovered the slightly poorer handling so do check them regularly ;)

And yes, as others have said do not mix tyres - keep to the same type all round.

Sorry it's 35mm profile all round. Getting my two cars mixed up. See the two levels of grip ppl are talking about. That happens when your back Tyres wear quicker than your front. The back will have less grip when the tread wears. So it's not really justified saying two levels of grip is bad. Some 350z's come with 18's on front and 19's on rear???

Has more to do with the different compounds than the tread depth (although that will have an effect as well of course). Better tyres on the rear = understeer and better tyres on the front = oversteer. Trouble is that both front and rear will heat up differently and react differently to wet conditions, and you'll never quite know what's going on which is why it's dangerous IMHO. Profile is irrelevant in this context, as I was referring to the two different makes of tyre rather than the sizes.

cheers, ive got my tyres filled with nitrogen just now. seems to hold the pressures alot better. i have got them at 35psi, thats what my guess was. cheers for all the help. if any can come up with some official pressures from nissan/nismo then please let me no

cheers, ive got my tyres filled with nitrogen just now. seems to hold the pressures alot better. i have got them at 35psi, thats what my guess was. cheers for all the help. if any can come up with some official pressures from nissan/nismo then please let me no

35psi is the 'official' pressure - remember the LMGT4's were a Nissan option and the same pressures applied ;)

Does the mix of tyres really matter to the everyday driving? I would love to know our hard people push their cars on a daily basis? I love pushing the car, but from what i have read on here and knowledge of the car i dont push it anywhere close to the limited. So again, does the tyre mix really matter that much? Tolerrance are so close these days that if you are pushing so hard on normal raods that heat in the tyre makes a difference then you need to check if you have strayed on to a track!

Does the mix of tyres really matter to the everyday driving? I would love to know our hard people push their cars on a daily basis? I love pushing the car, but from what i have read on here and knowledge of the car i dont push it anywhere close to the limited. So again, does the tyre mix really matter that much? Tolerrance are so close these days that if you are pushing so hard on normal raods that heat in the tyre makes a difference then you need to check if you have strayed on to a track!

you don't have to be pushing near the limit for mix tyres to be an issue. mixed front and back is better than mixed across an axle.

its down to the fact that you'll be running different, tread patterns, compounds, sidewall stiffness among other things. you hit a piece of ice on the road, or a diesel spill. the tyre could react differently. one tyre travels over it fine, but then the other doesn't.

its your choice at the end of the day, IMHO the tyres are the only point of contact between the car and the road, and the only thing that keeps you attached to the tarmac. its not an area to skimp on, I'd rather run a good tyre on all 4 corners, than a mix of tyres or put cheap tyres on.

as said before its your choice, you can do what ever you like with the information, follow it ignore it, up to you.

the mixing front and back i dont see as too much of an issue and if you hit ice etc i dont think any tyre is going to stop you and mixing wouldnt change this. I have been running what they call budgets tyre on the back of my Zed with not problems at all, but this could be down to my driving.

Anyway, as you said its all up to choice!

It's not about driving on ice, it's about how the rubber reacts to the road conditions no matter what type. To blindly say that it's not an issue is to completely misunderstand the entire point and is borderline idiocy. One day you will get caught out and at that point you'll probably wish you listened a bit more, or just blame it on that magical diesel spill that appeared from nowhere.

Well i did say it was not too much of an issue :boxing: if i push my car to the point that i lose it i would think it would be down to the lack of my driving skill of a higher performance car rather than the rubber that is providing the friction keeping me there.