Should I take the plunge? S2000 or 350z?

ENZed

Thank you all for your responses. Didn't expect so many people to have made the switch between the two cars. Like some have mentioned, the nature of vtec engines are so much fun especially being able to come off roundabouts and corners in vtec. This is what I know I will be missing. I just don't want to make the switch regretting it hence whyi was hoping for a little feedback from you guys. Again as some have mentioned, looks wise and all the little extras you get with the zed, icertainly won't be missing out.

I think all the comments here plus votes from friends, I'll most probably be buying a zed although the s2000 will always have a place in my heart. Just don't know if I want a manual or triptronic version, and don't know what colour. Lol

hopefully I can officially announce my status as a zed owner in the coming months once I've done my research, decided what spec, year, colour I want.

uv made the right decision. 2 ppl i know have s2000s and as soon as they saw mine they both wished theyd bought a zed, only one of them has driven it

take one for a spin at ur local nissan dealer. ul only need about 30 secs before u know uv made the right choice lol

Thank you all for your responses. Didn't expect so many people to have made the switch between the two cars. Like some have mentioned, the nature of vtec engines are so much fun especially being able to come off roundabouts and corners in vtec. This is what I know I will be missing. I just don't want to make the switch regretting it hence whyi was hoping for a little feedback from you guys. Again as some have mentioned, looks wise and all the little extras you get with the zed, icertainly won't be missing out.

I think all the comments here plus votes from friends, I'll most probably be buying a zed although the s2000 will always have a place in my heart. Just don't know if I want a manual or triptronic version, and don't know what colour. Lol

hopefully I can officially announce my status as a zed owner in the coming months once I've done my research, decided what spec, year, colour I want.

Don't buy a tiptronic if your really wanting to drive it hard........no issues with it but its only 5 speed and souless....

Think the Z is a car you can have more fun with day to day on the public roads. Big torquey engine, and on the limit it's quit forgiving.

The s2000 you have to rev the hell out of it to get the best which on public roads can get you in to trouble, and if you do push it a bit hard it's not so forgiving.

Think on a track it may be the other way round though, with the s2000 being more rewarding?

Can't really bring much more to the conversation that +1.

I test drove 2 S2000s before driving a Zed. I liked the interior and how light the car felt but I'm more of a torque nut than a high-revving kinda guy. (Think I've been spoilt with V8s in the past!) So the engine didn't really suit me. Obviously it does you as you've already had one which you seem to have enjoyed.

Other than that I wasn't too impressed with how noisey the S2ks are - 350zs aren't exactly the quietest cabins in the world but they're certainly a whole lot better than the Honda.

Overall you get more of an every day kind of car, with a roof(!) comfortable spacious interior, decent boot, lots of cubby holes, decent stereo etc. Quite easy to live with really, I imagined the Honda to be a bit too much of a weekend style car for my needs.

I personally feel if you're in the right gear that the Nissan engine is more fun. Once you get used to how the engine performs you'll see it's got lots more performance than the S2000 and easoer to control with traction control turned off :)

My advice would be get a UK GT, as new as possible with manual gearbox. £12.5k should get you a nice enough one... And you've found the best forum for advice and general shinanigans!

Good luck.

On all the clips I have seen the 350z is always the quickest even when both are modded. I personally have never driven an s2000 but was interested in getting one before I got my 350. However when I read reviews that on the whole that a 2000 would feel much more sluggish low down the revs that put me off. It would be brilliant for a track where you can really rev it to get into the power band however for me on a normal road I don't rev a car over 5000 revs normally. In my z even revving it to just 3500 revs is more than enough to pin your back to your seat and beat most other cars on the road. However I like the look of the seats in a 2000 but would not be keen on a soft top. Up to you though test drive both if you have the smallest doubts.

Hi Mate

I have a zed nearly traded her in for a 09 plate S2000, I liked the interior very snug indeed, but the acceleration was nothing like the zed and u have to take her to the limit to get any fun lol. Considering i had a geeky salesman beside me who was clearly creaming himself at the thought of me part exchanging i decided against it, and spent £6k doing the zed up. I am teetering with the idea for the summer buying a s2000 convertible and as it was one of the most comfortable cars i have sat in, and keeping the zed too.

D

A couple posts on modding I see, was wandering actually - can I expect significant gains from zed mods? With the s, you really had to spend loads or supercharged/ turbo the thing to see big gains. I'm more into NA, but being new to the zed, would be interested in researching this before I start slipping down the slippery slope. Must admit, some of your posts (especially from those who have owned/driven both cars), is giving me the itch to really want to buy one right now, lol.

...sorry are you buying the S2000 for your girlfriend or your sister??

(and I have the roadster)

Lol, mine did have aftermarket front lip, 17's, cf vented bonnet on plus being slightly lowered giving it a much more aggressive look. Hope I don't offend anyone, but I actually don't like the look of either car box standard. Both have nice lines but I feel a kit on both changes the look dramatically. Saying that the nismo pack I believe you can get does look hot.

I have one of each at the moment :teeth: but i'd go for the 350Z if i had to choose one, you get SO much more of a car.

I feel I may fall into this trap of owning both. One for each day of the weekend! :D

Lol

I have to admit the S2000 doesnt come out very often, not because i'm saving the mileage, because I can never resist picking the Z keys off the key rack :teeth: S2000 is good fun on the 5 or 6 sunny days we have in the summer and if you like thrashing it you can have some great fun (and lots of near misses in my experience (No TC!)). But the 350 is so much easier to live with, quieter and more comfortable on longer trips. I guess you have to decide if you want a go kart to thrash a few miles with the top down, or a GT that is infinetely more comfortable on the motorway and can still scare the cr@p out of you on the twisty bits if you so wish!

i think s2000's hold there money better? ive driven both and went for the 350s as its a bit more practical and was buying with the plan of keeping it a few years... but its a close one, id say there pretty even and you'l be happy with either, hmm i want an s2000 now lol